GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

stereo / bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-08, 02:57 PM
3rdplzr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo / bluetooth

I am now on my 2rd lexus. All 3 cars have been serviced by the same dealer. 2nd and 3rd car I bought used. Since I first bought my 2006 GS300 I have been complaining about the regular stereo. Very bad sound quality. They checked it out and according to them all is ok. I spoke with Lexus corp. and they said the same thing. Recently I determined my bluetooth did not work. After ordering 3 different parts and 4 trips to the dealer today I find out the wires are cut in the harness like someone was trying to put some kind of aftermarket gizmo into the car. It was not me. If it's true it was the previous owner. They are now going to claim that all of my problems are due to the cut wires (makes sense to me) and that I had work done on the car to enhance the sound and therefore all the problems with the bluetooth. Up until now they never looked at this harness where today they found the cut wires. I am really concerned I will be struck with a huge bill to get my car functioning normally again. DOes anyone have any suggestions?
Old 08-02-08, 05:02 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdplzr
I am now on my 2rd lexus. All 3 cars have been serviced by the same dealer. 2nd and 3rd car I bought used. Since I first bought my 2006 GS300 I have been complaining about the regular stereo. Very bad sound quality. They checked it out and according to them all is ok. I spoke with Lexus corp. and they said the same thing. Recently I determined my bluetooth did not work. After ordering 3 different parts and 4 trips to the dealer today I find out the wires are cut in the harness like someone was trying to put some kind of aftermarket gizmo into the car. It was not me. If it's true it was the previous owner. They are now going to claim that all of my problems are due to the cut wires (makes sense to me) and that I had work done on the car to enhance the sound and therefore all the problems with the bluetooth. Up until now they never looked at this harness where today they found the cut wires. I am really concerned I will be struck with a huge bill to get my car functioning normally again. DOes anyone have any suggestions?

My suggestion is, if they dont fix anything under a good will gesture, leave it the heck alone and drive it as is and get an aftermarket bluetooth for $50 and call it a day. Wires being cut are not gonna affect your sound quality IMO, speakers either work or dont...if it is only BT, then you are lucky.....what about the BT is not working anyways?