GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Ntb Sux

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-08, 01:49 PM
34z28
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ntb Sux

Sorry I have to vent. A month ago I was traveling and had the front tire tread separate on my 06 GS. Since it was a Sunday the only open tire store was NTB so I took the car in to get the tires replaced. In the process of pulling off the wheels they broke one of the locks and the lock key. Yes they were using an impact wrench on the lock which is a no no.. They then proceed to beat the crap out of the wheels in an attempt to break the wheel lock. What they managed to do was tear up the wheel, it looks like someone took a hammer and beat the crap out of the wheel (because that is what they did). It took them 3 days to get the wheel off. On Monday I went to Lexus and pick up a new wheel. NTB put the new tire on the new wheel as said thanks... When I asked about them paying for the wheel and locks they said it was not their fault. I called NTB customer service numerous times and have yet to hear back from them. I then filed a payment dispute with MC/Visa and they are now saying it is not their problem.........

anyone have any contact at NTB that can help. if not I am going to small claims court..
Old 08-09-08, 04:45 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Wow, that sucks. best bet is to file a claim thru the courts, that or bug them till they pay up.
Old 08-10-08, 08:49 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

take them to court if you cant speak to a manager or district manager. By the way... what the hell is NTB. Sound like a local tire shop. If they are a chain you are most likely in luck because they are always going to push customer service. ( usually)
Old 08-10-08, 09:07 PM
drpepper
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
what the hell is NTB. Sound like a local tire shop.
National Tire & Battery

The name implies a national chain - they have them in MD and apparently TX
Old 08-12-08, 06:07 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

NTB use to be NTW, national tire warehouse, which is a spin off from Sears tires and automotives.
Old 08-12-08, 06:33 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Dude, sorry to hear that... Best way to go is first try to speak with the regional manager, if not helpful; take them to court!!!

Personally I would either wait till Monday and have Lexus dealer to pickup your toy or has it service at Discount Tires.

Even if the time is an issue here, I would of gone to COSTCO or SAM's (even if you are not a member of either warehouse, you could of joinin and cancel the membership and get full refund).

I would NEVER goto a auto service that is part of SEARS in the first place, especially now is owned by Kartmart (cheap crap & service)...
Old 08-12-08, 03:03 PM
34z28
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by slk_dds
Dude, sorry to hear that... Best way to go is first try to speak with the regional manager, if not helpful; take them to court!!!

Personally I would either wait till Monday and have Lexus dealer to pickup your toy or has it service at Discount Tires.

Even if the time is an issue here, I would of gone to COSTCO or SAM's (even if you are not a member of either warehouse, you could of joinin and cancel the membership and get full refund).

I would NEVER goto a auto service that is part of SEARS in the first place, especially now is owned by Kartmart (cheap crap & service)...

Thanks, lots of good ideas. I have tried working with NTB locally and via customer service but as I said they not willing to communication or assume responsibility or help. I also thought I had some protection since I paid with a CC. The CC company MC/VISA (CTI) said they will not help. CTI's customer service is worse then NTB's and that is bad.

The SAM's and Costco did not stock the size tire for my car, 3-5 day to order, they were my first choice.
Old 08-14-08, 05:41 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow they are seriously not taking responsibility??? Too late now, but I would not have paid!

I just recently replaced my tires at Discount Tire and about a week later when I was washing the car, I noticed that my rims were pretty badly chipped, especially by the center cap. It became obvious that someone tried to remove the center caps from the top/outside instead of the inside. To be fair, I did have some curb rash on my rims already, but I wasn't going to let the new damage slide as a matter of principle.

I called and spoke to the manager, who seemed doubtful, so we agreed to meet and look things over. Long story short, despite the fact that they should have known better, the manager chose to not argue and agreed to send the rims in to get them re-finished. Four days later I got back what looked like brand new rims. This cost them about $500 even though they had NO proof that one of their people caused the damage. I've been going there for 10 years and will absolutely continue to give them my business moving forward!