GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Gs350 D,ViNcI

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-08, 12:18 PM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what kind of springs are you dropped on ?
Old 08-21-08, 02:20 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gs350on22s
what kind of springs are you dropped on ?
Tanabe NF210. FYI, You can see all my spec's below.
Old 08-21-08, 04:15 PM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

0oh. i don't know if it was you with the form of tanabe or eibach spring vibration, but i think i seen a few forms people saying that they are feeling vibration. i am on tein h tech springs and i don't feel any vibration. sometimes when i am driving ill feel a slight vibration but i believe its certain parts of the street. if i hit a smooth road and hit the pedal i don't feel vibration.
Old 08-21-08, 07:19 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

0oh. i don't know if it was you with the form of tanabe or eibach spring vibration, but i think i seen a few forms people saying that they are feeling vibration. i am on tein h tech springs and i don't feel any vibration. sometimes when i am driving ill feel a slight vibration but i believe its certain parts of the street. if i hit a smooth road and hit the pedal i don't feel vibration.
I don't believe the root cause of the vibration is suspension, driveline, or brake components. With my stock wheels installed, it rides like a Cadillac.
Old 08-21-08, 09:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by nardeezy
I don't believe the root cause of the vibration is suspension, driveline, or brake components. With my stock wheels installed, it rides like a Cadillac.
I had/have similar issues. Probably not as bad ,but I am obsessive and want all to be perfect. I think its your wheels. I would check the hub rings, and have them replaced anyway. they are cheap. If you have 3pc wheels I would have them checked. I had a set of asanti's that were out of round and caused vibration. I returned them and got a nice 1 pc cast wheel, ipod adapter, and a tanabe exhaust. To each his own ,but I am done with 3 pc wheels
Old 08-22-08, 07:46 AM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I had/have similar issues. Probably not as bad ,but I am obsessive and want all to be perfect. I think its your wheels. I would check the hub rings, and have them replaced anyway. they are cheap. If you have 3pc wheels I would have them checked. I had a set of asanti's that were out of round and caused vibration. I returned them and got a nice 1 pc cast wheel, ipod adapter, and a tanabe exhaust. To each his own ,but I am done with 3 pc wheels
Yeah. Forged 2/3 piece wheels should be stronger (depending on materials) but cast alloy wheels would actually hold tighter tolerances due to the manufacturing process. 2/3 piece wheels are CNC machined then assembled together whereas cast wheels are molded into a tool (similar to plastic injection molding).

My wheels are out of it's one year warranty period. How did you get your Asanti's returned, were you within the warranty period? Any advice for complaining and repairing out of round wheels is greatly appreciated. Particularly, from iForged.
Old 08-22-08, 08:17 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We all know from history it's hit or miss with iForged.

The Davinci's look alright rolling but I think the look is better suited to a Chrysler 300 or Dodge Charger. Especially when sitting still.
I think they are a little too big too.
All in all, the look is dramatic. Especially when rolling.
Old 08-22-08, 08:20 AM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by reggiek
We all know from history it's hit or miss with iForged.

The Davinci's look alright rolling but I think the look is better suited to a Chrysler 300 or Dodge Charger. Especially when sitting still.
I think they are a little too big too.
All in all, the look is dramatic. Especially when rolling.
I wish I would've known that 2.5 years ago.
Old 08-22-08, 08:21 AM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nardeezy
Yeah. Forged 2/3 piece wheels should be stronger (depending on materials) but cast alloy wheels would actually hold tighter tolerances due to the manufacturing process. 2/3 piece wheels are CNC machined then assembled together whereas cast wheels are molded into a tool (similar to plastic injection molding).

My wheels are out of it's one year warranty period. How did you get your Asanti's returned, were you within the warranty period? Any advice for complaining and repairing out of round wheels is greatly appreciated. Particularly, from iForged.
CORRECTION: The front passenger wheel has a slight bend on the inner lip but it passes the road force balance.
Old 08-25-08, 06:22 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Props for pushing the envelope! Not my particular taste in wheel designs, but nonetheless respect for doing something different!
Old 09-01-08, 08:16 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Default Vibration Issues!

Okay... I ordered a new set of hubcentric rings from iForged.

Yesterday, I removed each wheel individually and tried to use the best fit ring for each wheel/hub. After re-installing all wheels, adjusting the air pressure then driving on the highway I still feel the same vibrations (steering wheel, seat and floor).

Today I removed all of the wheels and re-installed the stocks. The car ran like a Caddy on the highway. I visually inspected each wheel and couldn't find the problem. Basically, I couldn't detect a bend.

I'm thinking about dropping off the wheels/tires to Wheels America or Wheel Techniques to analyze the wheels. From earlier posts, the wheels and tires supposedly passed a Hunter GSP 9700 road force test twice. Any feedback would be great.
Old 09-02-08, 03:43 PM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

i have a different problem haha. my guy ordered me huncentric rings that are aluminum so i realized that when i break my steering all the way it sounds like metal scraping. it took me such a long time to realize that the ring was the cause. i always kept on looking to see what it was touching. i just ordered plastic rings for the front.
let me ask you i called d2tech where that white gs came out from cause i was curious to know what they exactly modified. they told me that they removed the the rear bumper brackets. i shaved my brackets all the way as possible. is it possible to remove the rear brackets with out the bumper hanging and stuff lol.
Old 09-02-08, 08:09 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

i have a different problem haha. my guy ordered me huncentric rings that are aluminum so i realized that when i break my steering all the way it sounds like metal scraping. it took me such a long time to realize that the ring was the cause. i always kept on looking to see what it was touching. i just ordered plastic rings for the front.
let me ask you i called d2tech where that white gs came out from cause i was curious to know what they exactly modified. they told me that they removed the the rear bumper brackets. i shaved my brackets all the way as possible. is it possible to remove the rear brackets with out the bumper hanging and stuff lol.
Bumper brackets? Logically, that doesn't seem like the issue. I think the issues I am having are "out of round" wheels or the shops I go to do not know how to perform a really good standard spin balance or road force balance. I have 2 sets of hubcentric rings that I custom matched to each wheel/hub.
Old 09-04-08, 04:24 PM
trapstar
Rookie

Whoa, SEXXXY!!!
Old 09-04-08, 04:33 PM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just buttin in...

22's are sick cuz!! I dont know how you drive in brooklyn? Ya'll streets are like the same as ours. Those bumps and dips are murder on your car!!

Quick Reply: Gs350 D,ViNcI