GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Touch-Up Paint for GS350

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-08, 10:05 PM
omniskye
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
You can order through their OEM PARTS ordering system on L-Tunedparts.com or you can call them direct 800-90-TOYOTA.

Gordon or Luis can assist you.
thanks for the advice. do you happen to have the product number for the base color for Starfire Pearl? i called a local dealer and they aren't even aware of a "base color". they have the starfire pearl paint, and that's it. they didn't seem to understand a "base color" paint vs. a metallic paint.
Old 08-27-08, 10:12 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Yeah P/N:

000258-0007721 = 077 (Starfire Pearl Touch Up)
000258-077BC21 = 077-BC (Starfire Pearl Base Coat)

This is something new that Toyota/Lexus does now with many of their pearl/opalescent colors. They never offered a base coat touch up historically.
Old 08-28-08, 11:21 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ Do you have the p/n for opaline pearl (01G5) ??? Can't find it at Sewell or L-Tuned . . . (I'm assuming it will also be a base + pearl)
Old 08-28-08, 11:58 AM
omniskye
Rookie

Originally Posted by socalJD
^^ Do you have the p/n for opaline pearl (01G5) ??? Can't find it at Sewell or L-Tuned . . . (I'm assuming it will also be a base + pearl)
i actually submitted an order request on the Lexus of Pleasanton website, and they got back to me in less than a day with the p/n as well - same as what flipside909 provided. you may want to try that? or maybe there is a website or reference somewhere that flipside was able to pull the data from.
Old 08-28-08, 02:22 PM
Bavaria
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

...and you will DEFINITELY need the touch-up paint if you drive more than 5 mph. As another contributer wrote on another blog awhile ago, the paint seems to chip just by looking at it. Mine does!
Old 08-28-08, 03:46 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by socalJD
00258-001G5-21 - Opaline Pearl

There is no base coat touch up for this particular color.
Old 08-28-08, 11:56 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by omniskye
i actually submitted an order request on the Lexus of Pleasanton website.....
i grew up in Pleasanton. i never hear anyone on here talking about that place. ive been in So*Cal for 10 years now.
Old 08-29-08, 02:11 PM
omniskye
Rookie

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
i grew up in Pleasanton. i never hear anyone on here talking about that place. ive been in So*Cal for 10 years now.
hahaha. yeah, most people only refer to San Jose or SF. but seems like lots of folks in San Jose nowadays prefer the suburbs in the east bay now - more house for your buck.

anyhow, don't want to take this off-topic, so i'll bring it right back.......

i actually went in to Lexus of Pleasanton earlier today and they said they do touch-ups for free anytime, so i opted NOT to buy the paint. figure they will do more of a professional job? anybody got touch-up done for free at dealer? (not talking major paint job, but purely touch-ups for chips.) if so, what's your feedback on the quality or their work?
Old 08-29-08, 04:05 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
Sure we do! HIN Night Shift Pleasanton is coming up in a few weeks, the day before EOS v.7 @ Lexus of Stevens Creek. Many of us from SoCal came up last year for HIN Night Shift Pleasanton. As a matter of fact, I drove through Pleasanton last Friday on my way in to town. Typical back up at the 580 by Hacienda.
Old 09-15-08, 06:54 PM
lauh1984
Driver School Candidate

so i went to the lexus dealer today looking for two things. my girlfriend needed tungsten pearl for her 06 IS250. i asked them if they had a base coat for it, the guys said no just the regular coat that came in one bottle. so ok, whatever, the second thing i was looking for is the star fire white in base coat. i have the other bottle (top coat i guess?). he said no lexus doesn't have anything like that. i asked him are you sure because i looked through a forum and found a part number for a starfire base coat. he looked into the computer plus two catelogue books and still couldn't find one. i try not to think that a lexus employee would be too lazy to go and hunt for it down, but i can't help but wonder about that. flipside, assuming the part number you gave us is correct, is this guy not looking hard enough or can i just buy it from another dealer/place online? i'm also wondering if there was a base coat for the tungsten pearl. thanks for you help everybody
Old 09-15-08, 06:58 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

he is not looking hard enough, i have 2 bottles in hands right now and confirmed flipside' P/N
Old 09-15-08, 07:09 PM
lauh1984
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whlkev
he is not looking hard enough, i have 2 bottles in hands right now and confirmed flipside' P/N
well i guess i'll go ahead and call longo lexus to see what they say.
Old 09-15-08, 09:42 PM
omniskye
Rookie

it was also available for me (starfire pearl) at lexus of pleasanton (northern california). your guy was just being lazy.

i went into the dealership and they told me to hold while they go get the items after checking their computers and it was available. while i was waiting, the sales guy that sold me the car saw me and asked why buy the paint, just bring it in for service and the guys will touch it up for me for free. just so happens a service guy was next to him and the service guy confirmed that it's done on a complimentary basis.

i was like...... ok, i guess they do it more often than me and probably have more experience, so i ended up not buying it and decided that i will just bring it in for touch ups if i encounter problems in the future.

check with your local dealership and ask them to do it. lexus tends to have great service, but it may also vary dealership to dealership. otherwise, call Lexus of Pleasanton and mail order it.
Old 09-15-08, 10:21 PM
lauh1984
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by omniskye
check with your local dealership and ask them to do it. lexus tends to have great service, but it may also vary dealership to dealership. otherwise, call Lexus of Pleasanton and mail order it.
as a matter of fact, i did ask the service advisor if the tech can touch up the one chip that i had at the time (now i have 3 total), and she said that they don't do that kind of stuff and that i would have to buy the touch up paint myself and do it myself. i guess i'll call dealerships tomorrow.

on a side note...i'm starting to think that lexus of cerritos in so cal isn't exactly all that helpful in my opinion. i want to go to another dealership but i got this lexus service plan for those maintenance which states lexus of cerritos on it. do you think i can take this plan to another dealer like longo or newport?
Old 09-15-08, 10:31 PM
omniskye
Rookie

i'm pretty sure warranties are covered at any dealership, regardless of which dealership you bought the warranty from. however, i think PREPAID MAINTENANCE plans are only applicable to that dealership.

yes, that doesn't sound like a good dealership. you may just want to take it into another dealership and ask. seems like a lot of socal folks like longo lexus - they are same owners as lexus of Stevens Creek up here in nocal, and LoSC is great up here as well.

Quick Reply: Touch-Up Paint for GS350