GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Traded my GS for a LS460 yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-08, 07:28 PM
LexFather

Beautiful! Love the interior color.
Old 09-30-08, 08:06 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Congrats on the LS460 , really nice color combination
Old 09-30-08, 08:11 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats it is a very nice car loaded with great features......
Old 09-30-08, 08:27 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by socalJD
Congrats Doc. You need to give us the full skinny on the LS purchase experience - IIRC, you were going to buy a new ES at the same time you negoitated a new ES for your mother (in-law) but the dealer pulled a bait & switch and you backed into a 3GS at a sweet price . . .
@ socalJD, you have a great memory! Yes that's exactly what happened. They screwed up so they gave me a GS350 at $200 over invoice a week after the car came out which I guess was great at the time.

This was a normal deal. I made a deal at the same dealership where I bought the ES and GS 2 years ago. $750 over invoice and I was ready to take it. Then I saw posts on CL about $2k under invoice.... so I went to a different dealership with that info and walked out with a smoking under invoice deal. I worked them on the trade too so they ended up giving me $1k more for my trade than other dealerships. I think the net net is a $4k under invoice deal if I factor in the trade.

The last 2 days of Sept are the best days to buy a car PERIOD.

@ everyone else, thanks for the kind words. I'll post some observations and comparisons soon. There are a couple of surprises that I didn't expect going from a GS-->LS.
Old 09-30-08, 11:29 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jokie
Nice upgradeBeen thinking of doing that myself.
i think we all are!! its just a matter of "belly-ing up" and doing it!

i wont even attempt to upgrade unless i can get the LS460L with the Touring Package though. AIR-RIDE SUSPENSION BABY!!! if i get the straight 460....ill want the "L" so i might as well just save the pennies and get it instead.

congrats on the LS man. im jealous.
Old 09-30-08, 11:55 PM
lexusgs408
Lead Lap

wow that my next step the LS..........sweet ride
Old 09-30-08, 11:59 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats man!
Old 10-01-08, 05:24 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Nice move Robert, so you finally got sick of all the rattles in your GS huh The LS is rattle free I hope. If you dont mind me asking, how much did you get for your 07 GS. I am think about trading in as well.
Old 10-01-08, 10:45 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

My trade was a minty 07 GS350 with ML/Nav and 36k miles. Perfect condition, they offered $27k to start and I negotiated up to $29k. In hindsight, I almost wish I had just kept the car as an extra because it has been so damn near perfect and reliable.

BTW, I too would have preferred the LWB LS460L with touring package but I had to draw the line somewhere. I only use this car to commute back and forth once a week to an office I have 2 hrs from my home. I started out with a 4cyl Camry SE with the intent being that I have a comfortable cheap car with great gas mileage that I can rack up the miles and drive as a beater. That progressed to the Solara SLE V6 then the GS350 and now I have ended up with an LS460. This is way too much car for my needs but that's the nature of the beast right guys? You get to a place and say... just one more upgrade.... then one more upgrade.... Same thing happens when you build a house, the final number ends up 30% over budget before you know it.

Last edited by 2thfixr; 10-01-08 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-01-08, 10:55 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
My trade was a minty 07 GS350 with ML/Nav and 36k miles. Perfect condition, they offered $27k to start and I negotiated up to $29k. In hindsight, I almost wish I had just kept the car as an extra because it has been so damn near perfect and reliable.

damn depreciation. looks like lexus fairs only a little better than hyundai.

50+% in 3 years.
Old 10-01-08, 11:03 AM
j0emamma
Driver

bigg baller!!
Old 10-01-08, 11:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
damn depreciation. looks like lexus fairs only a little better than hyundai.

50+% in 3 years.
50% in 3 yrs sounds about right, at least lexus are selling the used cars. if you buy into the high residuals of mb and bmw, good luck, look at their used cars inventory

BTW, I too would have preferred the LWB LS460L with touring package but I had to draw the line somewhere. I only use this car to commute back and forth once a week to an office I have 2 hrs from my home. I started out with a 4cyl Camry SE with the intent being that I have a comfortable cheap car with great gas mileage that I can rack up the miles and drive as a beater. That progressed to the Solara SLE V6 then the GS350 and now I have ended up with an LS460. This is way too much car for my needs but that's the nature of the beast right guys? You get to a place and say... just one more upgrade.... then one more upgrade.... Same thing happens when you build a house, the final number ends up 30% over budget before you know it.
hhehe, well i have to say, a matter of time before we see you upgrade again?
Old 10-01-08, 11:27 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Actaully, $29K is a good price, Kbb list your car at $26K in good condition which is usually where most 2 to 3 year old car falls into. I hope I can get kbb value when I trade in mine.

Good Luck with your LS Robert, I am waiting for the LS AWD to come out and when I hit the lottery
Old 10-01-08, 11:28 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

@ socalJD, you have a great memory! Yes that's exactly what happened. They screwed up so they gave me a GS350 at $200 over invoice a week after the car came out which I guess was great at the time.

This was a normal deal. I made a deal at the same dealership where I bought the ES and GS 2 years ago. $750 over invoice and I was ready to take it. Then I saw posts on CL about $2k under invoice.... so I went to a different dealership with that info and walked out with a smoking under invoice deal. I worked them on the trade too so they ended up giving me $1k more for my trade than other dealerships. I think the net net is a $4k under invoice deal if I factor in the trade.

The last 2 days of Sept are the best days to buy a car PERIOD.

@ everyone else, thanks for the kind words. I'll post some observations and comparisons soon. There are a couple of surprises that I didn't expect going from a GS-->LS.
Reborto, thank you for sharing your LS shopping experience.

B/c my wife is thinking of stealing my GS from me, so maybe it might be a good time for me to give LS another try (but still tempting of GT-R ); especially right now we can get it couple thousands under the invoice.

Anyway, thank you for sharing!!!
Old 10-01-08, 11:30 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
hhehe, well i have to say, a matter of time before we see you upgrade again?

you're only young once. might as well blow it all before you turn 55.

Quick Reply: Traded my GS for a LS460 yesterday.