GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Pricing Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-08 | 07:50 AM
ezgojunk
Driver School Candidate

Default Pricing Help

Hey Guys

New to the forum and wanted to say hi and see if maybe I could get some help on figuring out Fair Value for a GS450h that I want to buy.

The vehicle is in the north east
CPO'ed
18000 miles
with just the premium package no ML

They want $46900

What would you say is a Fair deal to be had? I can't seem to find any good data to negotiate with.

Thanks
Aaron
Old 10-02-08 | 10:21 AM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Even though it is a Hybrid, that car list for only $56K according to the Lexus website. And there's only 1 option for the GSh's and its the ML package. the supposed "premium" package is actually the base model!!

I think $46K is too much personally. im not sure i'd pay much more than $40K out the door......maybe $43K??!?!? especially in the market were having. you gotta play hard-ball.
Old 10-02-08 | 10:59 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

The used hybrid prices went up lately, but that price is too high. I paid invoice for a new 450h a year and a half ago -- that's $53K for the car with the ML option. I don't know if the car you're looking at has the navigation system, and if it does, I would not pay more than $43K for it.
Old 10-03-08 | 09:18 PM
ezgojunk
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the advice guys

It so happened that Pohanka Lexus, after I called and set up a time to see the car, and as I was making the 2 hour drive up to try and make a deal they sold the car just before I got there.

Not the first car I bought from them but it will be the last, so I went over and bought a Range Rover from a competitor.
Old 10-04-08 | 06:20 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ezgojunk

It so happened that Pohanka Lexus, after I called and set up a time to see the car, and as I was making the 2 hour drive up to try and make a deal they sold the car just before I got there.

Not the first car I bought from them but it will be the last, so I went over and bought a Range Rover from a competitor.
Those guys are a-holes! I live a mile away from them, and I have never and will never buy a car from them. Good service department though for warranty service -- very attentive.
Old 10-04-08 | 07:15 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Originally Posted by ezgojunk

What model Range? Sport? How is it? New or used? I am still considering those but they are so darn unreliable! Please post your thoughts on that truck and pics!
Old 10-05-08 | 05:11 PM
ezgojunk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Modeler
Those guys are a-holes! I live a mile away from them, and I have never and will never buy a car from them. Good service department though for warranty service -- very attentive.
I to like their service dept as I take my wifes Rx there when we go visit friends, down here in Richmond my wife always gets some GMC loan car My brother-in-law takes his MDX for service next door to Pohanka Acrua, they have F'ed up so many things he said he won't ever use them again.

Last edited by ezgojunk; 10-05-08 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-05-08 | 06:26 PM
ezgojunk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nauticalx
What model Range? Sport? How is it? New or used? I am still considering those but they are so darn unreliable! Please post your thoughts on that truck and pics!
We went with the 05 Range Rover HSE with 24000 miles. We paid $32900 and added a 72/75 warranty to it for $2300. It was well maintained and had the brakes replaced at 16000 miles. A brand new 08 Rover at the dealer was $93,000 that is crazy.

The only option the RR came with was the Heated Accessories Package (heated front and rear seats, integrated ski bag, heated steering wheel) it does not have Sirius radio. Went to another dealer and they said I would have to replace the entire radio harness to add it as the car does not have the module in place. Way to much money to add. The radio does run off of Fiber optics so you won't be cutting into the radio system to add an iPod or XM unit. The Radio is one of the better ones with 710 watts of power going to 14 speakers

I test drove the Tahoe Hybrid, and found that the Rover drives 10x better. It also has a nicer ride than the RX 350. I would say the ride is somewhere between the Soft RX ride and the too stiff MDX ride. It has better than avg passing power and feels strong off the line. My wife's dream car was the RX and now she is taking the Rover to work and won't give it back. She really loves driving it and said that she really likes the room you get inside the Rover. It is great for tall people as it has a high roof line and has the best visibility of any vehicle I have ever had.

The Nav system is the same maker as the RX 350 unit and is very easy to use. Still looking for a way around the cutouts while driving… Oh ya the wife likes the British voice of the nav system. The quality of the leather and materials are just as nice as any Lexus.

There is no wind noise at 80 MPH and is quieter than most Lexus’s that I have owned.

Bluetooth is ok, not great, but ok. On the 05 you can not import your phone book through bluetooth., but the 06 and up does have a software upgrade that fixes that problem. One thing that I really like is that with incoming calls you see the number even when on a call. With the RX you had to look at your phone if the number was not in the phone book, but the Rover shows you all number calling you. You can also dial from the screen while driving, not that I do that or anything It does have a voice phone book so you can input it manually and then just speak the name of the person you are calling. It works just like the Acura TL and MDX voice dialing

One cool item is the windshield. It has a heating element in it and so it is going to be great in the snow this winter. I would hate to have to replace the windshield if it ever broke. I'm too scared to ask how much. The windows on the backside are heated also.

As for Gas Mileage we are getting 16 mph per tank combine city and highway and is better than I thought. When I saw 8 city on the sticker I was a little nervous

Now to the reliability issue... I know there are horror stories out there, but I think most of that can be attributed to the 03 and 04 model year. The 05 model year on Edmunds had 27 reviews and only 3 or 4 had reliability ratings of less than 9 out of 10. Edmunds also had it on there Editors' Most Wanted The last car I had was a 2000 996 C4 and if you follow the forums you would have thought every prosche built between 99 and 01 were going to blow up. For the 2 years I had it I never had a single issue. I guess I will fine out if the horror stories are true or not

If you are still in the market for one I think we got a good price. We went to another Rover dealer and he had a black 05 with 19000 miles, 20" rims, Certified Warranty, and the same options as we had, but he put new tires, brakes, and rotors on and the best we could do was $35,900.

I am really happy so far. Hope this helps...

Last edited by ezgojunk; 10-05-08 at 09:08 PM.