GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Good News!!! New Tsib For Brakes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-08, 05:09 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Alex, good to see you! Yeah, my wife is already eyeing the new 7 and we may trade her S500 in on that when it comes out. I'm on the fence about that because every 1st year 7 series has been problematic, I expect no less with this one.
Old 10-12-08, 08:56 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

Any word on how long until I can get it done? Its at the point where I can't break at all without skweaking. Its so embarrassing I dont even want to drive anymore
Old 10-13-08, 03:38 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
LOL, yeah I traded in the GS for an LS a couple of weekends ago.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=382735
So, Robert did you provide a 'manual' with your Nav Hack to the next owner, or is he going to have to figure out "what the heck is this switch for"?
Old 10-14-08, 12:05 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Here you go eveyone!!!

TSIB L-SB-0121-08

Hopefully, this TSIB will get raid off the squeak brakes for good!?!

Sorry Reborto, no TSIB for LS460!
Old 10-14-08, 12:12 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't heard a peep from my 07 brakes. At least I'll know where to come if it happens.

My problem is the brakes on the 06. They squeak and the pedal is extremely low. Any TSIB's on the 06?
Old 10-14-08, 12:59 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

Hopefully my lexus dealer gets them soon. This is unbearable =(
Old 10-14-08, 01:05 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wait wait.. let me get this clarified, so that TSIB is for the brake dusts and not for the squeaking for the 08 right?
Old 10-14-08, 01:16 PM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

I went to my dealer to ask about my brake squeaking and he said it that the TSIB was for dust and that it MAY reduce squeaking, but would not come close to saying it would or at least make it better.
Old 10-14-08, 01:27 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
So, Robert did you provide a 'manual' with your Nav Hack to the next owner, or is he going to have to figure out "what the heck is this switch for"?
I thought about that but I have a feeling they got rid of the switch when they Certified Pre-Owned the car. I noticed they removed the window tint on the front sides and the Sirius antenna. I am sure they didn't remove all of the wiring though because I soldered it in and hit it all behind the factory harness covers. There was very little you could see or trace. If anything the new owner will still have the DVD hack and bluetooth/phone keypad hack while driving.

I never had brake squaling problems with my GS regardless of old or new pads. Brake dust is the usual culprit so if you clean your brakes with Brake-Kleen or pressure wash them, the squealing should go away at least for a while.
Old 10-15-08, 06:57 AM
bozer
Lead Lap

My breaks had better not be squeaking after this. Its unacceptable in my opinion. Never had this problem on my Honda accord.

I've brought my car in 4 times now and it still hasn't been resolved. Brought it last Saturday and they said they don't want to try to fix it because of this new TSIB which will be coming soon so it would make their work pointless. As it stands right now, every single stop sign or light I come to is an embarrassment. This is my first really expensive car and it saddens me that I have had to bring the car in this many times already for one issue, and I honestly never brought my Accord in once in the three years I had leased it.

Woulda' been nice of them to at least let me know they wouldn't be doing anything on the phone before trekking from Staten Island to brooklyn and having to waste ten dollars on the toll. At least I get to go to my favorite place to eat (Rocco's on Fort Hamilton if anyone from Brooklyn knows what I'm talking about)
Old 10-15-08, 07:04 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bozer
My breaks had better not be squeaking after this. Its unacceptable in my opinion. Never had this problem on my Honda accord.

I've brought my car in 4 times now and it still hasn't been resolved. Brought it last Saturday and they said they don't want to try to fix it because of this new TSIB which will be coming soon so it would make their work pointless. As it stands right now, every single stop sign or light I come to is an embarrassment. This is my first really expensive car and it saddens me that I have had to bring the car in this many times already for one issue, and I honestly never brought my Accord in once in the three years I had leased it.

Woulda' been nice of them to at least let me know they wouldn't be doing anything on the phone before trekking from Staten Island to brooklyn and having to waste ten dollars on the toll. At least I get to go to my favorite place to eat (Rocco's on Fort Hamilton if anyone from Brooklyn knows what I'm talking about)

I have not been to the dealer that many times, but I feel the same way. I pay this much for a Lexus, I don't need people looking at me because my brakes draw attention, I want the car to do the talking.

On a brighter note, Not from BK, but I have been to Rocco's, I like their lasagna!
Old 10-15-08, 07:36 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

question for those of you whose brakes squeak. do you all park outside or do you keep it in a garage?
Old 10-15-08, 09:37 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

At least I get to go to my favorite place to eat (Rocco's on Fort Hamilton if anyone from Brooklyn knows what I'm talking about)
Dude I hate you, you just made me want to move back!!!

They do not have decent Italian restaurants here in Texas!!! So for now we can only enjoy "leftover" Italian food whenever my friends send them via overnight!!!

Originally Posted by jtrue28
question for those of you whose brakes squeak. do you all park outside or do you keep it in a garage?
My toy is always parked inside of garage, yet she still squeaks like a little bytch!!!

Anyway, as far as I know part number is different from the low dust brake pads that I have on my toy right now. Hopefully, it would stop the squeaking!!!

We will see, when I take my toy in on Friday!
Old 10-15-08, 09:51 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

I park inside of a garage as well. She has only been outside over night once, many moons ago on a trip to NY.
Old 10-15-08, 12:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

it's about dealership, not about the car. they don't surface and do the tsib correctly. i never had any sound on my car with the fix. as long as it's done right, there is no sound. try another dealership with more knowledge

Quick Reply: Good News!!! New Tsib For Brakes!!!