GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Good News!!! New Tsib For Brakes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-08, 07:43 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amen, my Lexus brother!!! That is a reply I was waiting for Can you please confirm that your squeaking was actually gone after that TSIB? The reason why service department didn't go ahead with a replacement because TSIB parts/labor is covered by Lexus, not dealership. Its just like an insurance where doctor needs to show a proof that procedure is necessary and patient has all the symptoms to get covered under policy LOL!!! As I mentioned before, they told me about TSIB being for low-dust only, and they will not be able to justify to Lexus about doing this since I already had my brake pads replaced with low-dust ones. Having in my hands this additional info about clips also being replaced changes the whole story. They confirmed that old clips are the reason for that squeaking. I'm going tomorrow morning and will complain to service manager. Nobody can confirm exactly when brake clips TSIB will be released, there is a HUGE waiting list for that already, and quiet frankly - I had enough!!!
Old 10-31-08, 08:29 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I need to go in for an oil change soon and I want to pull into the service bay, squeeze the brakes, and make enough noise to make my service advisor and everyone else in the area wonder WTF that was!!!

Oh you mean it's not supposed to sound like that? I thought all 3GS's sounded like that
Old 10-31-08, 09:36 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TWISTER,

If I remember correctly, you have purchased over 10+ vehicle from Ray Catena over the years.

GM of the service department should just go ahead and "COMP" you with a new brake job (maybe a set of TSIB# L-SB-0121-08) or just for time being replace a new set of clips.

So you won't be embarrssed while driving a $50k vehicle that sounded like a freaking $500 junk!!!

Quick update on the TSIB# L-SB-0121-08:
Since I got my toy back I purposely parked it outside of the garage, see if the mositure might cause brakes to squeak.
Also, weather in DFW has always been crazy, for the past few weeks, tamperature range between 50F~80F, thous far I have not yet hear any squeaking from the brakes yet (knock on the wood!!!).
Old 11-01-08, 04:36 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

No 10+, but this is my second new Lexus in the last 2 years and I know GM of service department very well

Thank you for the update! I think it will be a good idea to inquire about clips-only replacement from 0121-08 TSIB. I will let you and others know what they say.
Old 11-01-08, 12:48 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

For the love of GOD I hope I can have this done soon. I called 3 days ago and he said not yet. So then I said "so call back what, in 2 week?" and he said yeah.

It really bothers me that he didn't just say "I will call you as soon as they get in, and Im going to put a push on getting them to you ASAP".

Its so incredibly embarrasing being in a lexus that squeaks more then any of the cars next to you at a light. It's seriously squeaking no matter when I use the breaks. There's no way around it execpt to slam on the breaks or not drive.

This is the only problem I have but its driving me insane. My wife wants to call next time to flip out on them (im not great at that but her Italian *** sure is)
Old 11-01-08, 01:59 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow. so many problems with this car.

my brakes squeak a little. i'm holding out.

maybe the next mod I should do is change the Lexus logo to a Mercedes logo.

This car must've been engineered by benz.
Old 11-01-08, 08:45 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

TSIB with revised brake clips going to be released sometimes in November. I was told today to wait at least a month. Service department doesn't want to take their chance with break clips from 0121-08 TSIB because they are not sure if that will fix break squeaking for good. Because this doesn’t compromise car safety or performance (breaking is still good), there is no other choice but to wait for the new brakes TSIB

And on top of my own embarrassment, both of my little kids now freak out from that squeaking which sounds now like metal-on-metal grinding. My own kids scared of the car
Old 11-02-08, 09:23 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by twister
And on top of my own embarrassment, both of my little kids now freak out from that squeaking which sounds now like metal-on-metal grinding. My own kids scared of the car
You should DEAMND for repair NOW!!!

Let them know that squeaking brakes is giving your kids nightmares, and threaten them to pay for the "threapy Sessions."

I do not really understand why they wount not do a quick fix on your toy, besides they do get reimbursement from Lexus for the parts and labor!?!
Old 12-06-08, 07:02 PM
mekrew
Rookie

anything new on this ....

im about to lose my mind

my service advisor tried to tell me multiple things

1. lexus can only resurface rotors once ... i laughed
2. my rotors are warped , but i get no shaking on breaking
3. we can get you new rotors installed for $600

i have the low dust pads also
so i plan on taking my car in monday with that tsib # and demanding a brake job ... im literally embarrassed to drive my car
Old 12-07-08, 08:42 AM
bozer
Lead Lap

No news. A bunch of us (there's multiple threads about this/look for "Awful squeaking breaks") are in the same boat as you. Its beyond embarrassing.

I called Lexus Corporate about this on thursday. I should be hearing back from them tomorow.

There is no fix but they are aware and are working on it. It may take a long time because once they fix it they need to put thousdands of miles on the car to see if its truly gone.

Believe me when I tell you its as bad as it can be on my car. Laughably bad.
Old 12-08-08, 05:33 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

This is so un-Lexus like. Its only brakes, no advance technology here, just quiet brakes. Come on Lexus, a couple of high school kids could have come up with something by now.
Old 12-08-08, 11:41 AM
mekrew
Rookie

now my service advisor is saying my rotors are warped and i need new rotors thats what causing the noise ... wtf

and to top it off he said when i switched to the low dust pads and they resurfaced them, that they did them so low that they cant resurface them or they will be out of spec ... so hes trying to get me to buy $600 rotors with install

anyone heard of this crap
Old 12-08-08, 12:30 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

I just got off the phone with Lexus corporate (they called me back)

I spoke with a very nice woman who basically offered no new information. She said the problem has been escalated to Japan, and they are working on it, and she's very sorry for the embarrassment that I'm going through. I said I just want the old dusty pads put back on, but she's not sure they can do that because it might not fix my problem. She was really nice and said they are going to look into everything possible to try to make me happy. I then asked her about my dash rattles and she said she will look into that to.

So basically guys, this sucks. I will be waiting for this to be fixed for god knows how long. Hopefully soon but I have a bad feeling this will be going on all winter.

I mentioned you guys too. I said theres tons of people with the issue on these forums. Maybe they will come and see?

I think we need to form a support group to hold each other gently. I'm seriously really depressed when driving my Lexus, as incredibly stupid as that sounds. I mean, if I had a buick skyhawk with these problems I would be ok with it. Its that I paid so much money and have these problems with a car thats got less then 6K on it.

/cry
Old 12-08-08, 07:20 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I wrote a note to lexus via their website. Got contacted 2 days later via phone by a lady who would neither confirm or deny the issue exists. WTF? She says she called my dealer who basically offered no help either.

No indication of anyone looking into it, investigating it further, etc. Then I got an email survey today where I totally bombed them for wasting my time.
Old 12-09-08, 05:27 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I say Lexus sub contract this problem out to Midas so they can fix it once and for all

Quick Reply: Good News!!! New Tsib For Brakes!!!