GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Not even two weeks old, and...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-08, 04:35 PM
KevGS460ML
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Not even two weeks old, and...

someone keyed it. There are 8 parallel lines about an inch long. I tried to use a clay bar on it, but it didn't do any good. I work in a professional building, and I have only taken it to one semi-upscale restaurant. So, I thought I was safe, but I guess the devil comes in all faces.

Anyone has another suggestion to remove it?

What a sad day.

Kevin
Old 10-23-08, 04:39 PM
drewdogg80
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks man. I can't stand when people don't respect other people's property.

You may have to try a rotary or wetsanding. Otherwise you'll have to get it repainted.
Old 10-23-08, 04:47 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Hey man I am really sorry to hear that. Hope everything will work out for you at the end.
Old 10-23-08, 05:12 PM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Man....I hope whoever did that dies a slow and painful death. That's just evil....
Old 10-23-08, 05:13 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's too bad. i had a similar situation a while back. i didn't find anything that was a good solution that didn't look crappy. ended up taking it to a body shop. it wasn't nearly as $ as i feared. didn't even get to my deductible. but worth it to have it be right. hopefully somebody else will have a better answer.
Old 10-23-08, 06:24 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

within the first 3 months i owned my 3GS....the hood had been rolled on outside a bar i frequent, the door dinged, and the passenger mirror kicked off by some A-HOLE. all of this while parking in B.F.E. with no other cars around mind you!! in short....people are jealous as crap. check it......

Old 10-23-08, 07:30 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 212 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
within the first 3 months i owned my 3GS....the hood had been rolled on outside a bar i frequent, the door dinged, and the passenger mirror kicked off by some A-HOLE. all of this while parking in B.F.E. with no other cars around mind you!! in short....people are jealous as crap. check it......
[/IMG]
do you all notice the same thing?...whenever I make it a point to park as far away as possible with nobody around....there's always like 10 cars that park next to me by the time I come out of the store.

to the OP, that's horrible that someone would do that. Did they just scratch the clear coat, or did it go pretty deep? if it's just the clear coat you may be able to get a body shop to buff/wet sand it out. was your temporary tag still on the car? I've always found that's an instant magnet for door dings and potential keying.
Old 10-23-08, 07:40 PM
Bavaria
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Typical sub-human degenerate, the likes of which graffiti other's property and will never amount to anything, much like their cretin parents. Snipers come to mind as a solution!
Old 10-23-08, 08:41 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

envy is one of the most negative emotions. envy= sadness + anger. sadness that he is not as good, and anger at himself and you for being the piece of crap that they are. I hate people who do crap like this. I also tend to park far away and I park my car over 2 spots where I work

Last edited by I8ABMR; 10-23-08 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-23-08, 09:11 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know exactly how you feel, although on my old car which was vandalized 5 times

so sorry to hear Kev.... such a beautiful car
Old 10-24-08, 12:04 AM
mnkyprince
Driver School Candidate

OKy, soo it all depends, if the scratches got below paint, then u hav to repaint it, if it just got the clear coat, a good rubbing compund, then polish then wax should do the job...Soryy to hear that, thats ehlla fukd up.
Old 10-24-08, 12:26 AM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Man, that sucks! But I believe in karma....

Do you have pics of the damage? Rule of thumb is if your fingernail can get caught in the scratch, there's nothing that can be done, except for re-spraying. If you can't get it caught, a professional auto detailer (paint correction experienced) can get it out.
Old 10-24-08, 03:10 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
do you all notice the same thing?...whenever I make it a point to park as far away as possible with nobody around....there's always like 10 cars that park next to me by the time I come out of the store.

to the OP, that's horrible that someone would do that. Did they just scratch the clear coat, or did it go pretty deep? if it's just the clear coat you may be able to get a body shop to buff/wet sand it out. was your temporary tag still on the car? I've always found that's an instant magnet for door dings and potential keying.
ha i get the same thing when i park somewhere. i purposely park far away so no one dings my car and when i come out it seems like everyone is parked next to my car.

i recently had some scratches on my fender removed. like others have said it really depends on how deep it is. if its a very suddly scratch (which i doubt) you can use a rubbing compound. if its just in the clear, then take it to a shop to wet sand. my buddies auto body place wet sanded and buffed my fender for me to removed my scratches. if its down to the metal and through the paint, the only way to fix it properly is to repaint that part of the car.
Old 10-24-08, 04:14 AM
KevGS460ML
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 07350FROST

Oh man, sorry to hear about your incident. Mine is minuscule compared to yours, but believe me I still feel the pain.

Did they just scratch the clear coat, or did it go pretty deep?
I think it went through since I can feel the indentation with my finger nail.

was your temporary tag still on the car? I've always found that's an instant magnet for door dings and potential keying
Surprisingly, the dealer fedex my tags to me ONLY 3 days after I picked the car up, and I put it on that same day after work. I agree it's a magnet to evils.

On another note, when I used the clay bar, it may have made it worse. There are circular marks now. I even washed before using it too. I will try to buff it out tonight. I'll take some pics too.
Old 10-24-08, 07:15 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

can you really feel the scratch if you try and run your finger nail over it or is it pretty suddle? if its suddle you can probably get it wet sanded out.

Quick Reply: Not even two weeks old, and...