GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Trouble with Bluetooth Blackberry 8330 in my GS

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-08, 05:12 PM
mikedozz
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Trouble with Bluetooth Blackberry 8330 in my GS

Hey guys, i previously had another LG phone in my 08GS350 and the bluetooth worked fine, now i just got the Blackberry 8330 and its not picking up the bluetooth, I seatch for devices and it comes up as none. Do i have to maybe delete something in the Lexus with my old phone so it will pick up the new one or am I doing something wrong. Maybe someone with this blackberry can help me out. thanks in advance.
Old 11-11-08, 06:35 PM
jr1966
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My BB 8300 worked flawlessly. You can delete the LG phone so the priority will be the BB. Just be sure to keep the BB's Bluetooth on and "always discoverable" so it will automatically connect with the system as soon as you start the car.
Old 11-11-08, 07:30 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jr1966
Just be sure to keep the BB's Bluetooth on and "always discoverable" so it will automatically connect with the system as soon as you start the car.
I second that. I have the BB Pearl, should work similarly to yours. Everytime you get into the car, your BB will ask if you want to connect hands free. You need to say yes everytime. It's a pain, but you'll get used to it.
Old 11-11-08, 08:17 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

blackberry is the best when it comes to pairing up, it even separates home/cell/office phones for you in different icons.. so sweet
Old 11-11-08, 08:38 PM
dvhoozer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stormforge
I second that. I have the BB Pearl, should work similarly to yours. Everytime you get into the car, your BB will ask if you want to connect hands free. You need to say yes everytime. It's a pain, but you'll get used to it.
I linked mine today and noticed there was an option at the bottom asking if I wanted to bypass this message each time. I selected yes and each time I get in now it automatically connects...
Old 11-11-08, 08:38 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by whlkev
blackberry is the best when it comes to pairing up, it even separates home/cell/office phones for you in different icons.. so sweet
orly? didn't know that...how do you select the different icons?
Old 11-11-08, 08:42 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it automatically does it for me, i didn't do anything but have numbers for office/cell under my contacts on the BB

when i transfer them to the car, different types of number will have their corresponding icons.. very cool
Old 11-11-08, 09:14 PM
jr1966
Driver

Originally Posted by Stormforge
If BB is left in discoverable mode, neither the BB nor the Lexus bluetooth will ever ask that question.
Old 11-11-08, 10:39 PM
dvhoozer
Driver School Candidate

I have a somewhat related question and don't mean to hijack the thread. I am struggling to add a 2nd blackberry. My bluetooth manual says the procedure for adding a 2nd phone is to go:
Info->Telephone->Settings->Bluetooth->and then ->add phone

I don't see the add phone option anywhere. In fact in the manual the bluetooth settings screen pictured is the same as what mine comes up to and also doesn't show an "add phone" selection. The bluethooth settings screen only provides options to change the bluetooth settings on my current blackberry. When I go to choose phones, I see my current blackberrry and all the open settings are not lit to be selected.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here?

Edit: Does anyone know if there is a way to get the caller ID for incoming calls to show up? My blackberry will be showing it and even when it is a name in my address book (now downloaded to the car) it doesn't show up on the screen... This seems odd...

Last edited by dvhoozer; 11-12-08 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-11-08, 11:13 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

If yo go into your Blackberry Bluetooth menu and select Hands Free (or whatever you named your car), then go to properties, I think it's the first option allows you to make it a trusted device.

Then it won't ask to pair anymore, it just will automatically.

That's also where the option is to transfer address book.
Old 11-12-08, 06:28 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

How do I delete the LG from my Navi unit so that it will pick up the 8330? The 8330 is saying no device is found??
Old 11-12-08, 08:30 AM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikedozz
How do I delete the LG from my Navi unit so that it will pick up the 8330? The 8330 is saying no device is found??
You go ask your salesman to do it for you, since you just spent $45K+ with him.
Old 11-12-08, 09:30 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

just don't feel like driving there, lol
Old 11-12-08, 05:16 PM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

You don't need to delete LG. You just need to carefully read pairing instructions for the Blackberry 83xx on Lexus' Web site.
Old 11-12-08, 07:57 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

just don't feel like driving there, lol
Info, Phone, Settings, then it's either Bluetooth or Phone, can't remember. The paired phones pop up and then you can choose to delete them.

Quick Reply: Trouble with Bluetooth Blackberry 8330 in my GS