GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Attention People.....Need your HONEST opinion...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-08, 02:22 PM
arpham
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like them and would 'rock em' if it was free. Just not my style but it does look nice. And like very one says.. not a true vip.
Old 11-19-08, 04:53 PM
Fujifuzz
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was very close on getting those wheels and last second I opted out. I ended up getting 19" MRR H2's with NF210's. No idea how to put a picture on here so I still haven't posted it.
Old 11-19-08, 05:36 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

[/QUOTE]

those work wheels look nice..

to op, they look nice imo, but donno how they will actually look on the car..
Old 11-19-08, 06:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by chrispy
They don't look bad, but they are not VIP.
I dont get this " not VIP". I guess VIP wheels look like **** because those wheels are hardcore. Thery are gorgeous. I am so tired of the " VIP criteria". There are nice looking cars and bad looking cars. Those wheels will make the car look nice. Amazing in fact. VIP wheels are chunky , heavy, and ugly.
Old 11-19-08, 07:09 PM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by junjdm
hmm... did Vertini jack Seize's photoshop (seen here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=vertini) and put their logo on it? Or did that happen on an agreement? Or am I just out of the loop on this one lol

But to answer your question jun, for the purpose of getting rims, they look good. Would I rock em? Not anymore, there's very little info on the company, and their warranty is nothing spectacular. I was considering these once, but I changed my mind due to the fact that I couldn't find any substantial info about the wheel's quality and even less info on the company (other than a few comments around the web but nothing concrete).

And to answer your other question, no they aren't VIP. There's a ton of info on what makes VIP wheels just that, check the VIP section of the site: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vip-style-188/

Last edited by retrospexo; 11-19-08 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-19-08, 08:33 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really feelin that look on the 3GS
Old 11-19-08, 08:43 PM
wikidbwoy
Pole Position

i put these wheels in 20s on my moms 08 E320. they look and ride really well. they drove the car from houston to orlando and said that it rode great. for the price and style they are worth it.
Old 11-19-08, 08:46 PM
LexFather

Never heard of the brand. Wheels are okay but if Work knock-offs, forget about it.

Old 11-19-08, 09:24 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Never heard of the brand. Wheels are okay but if Work knock-offs, forget about it.
They are definitely Work "knock offs"... I think those wheels are pretty good for the "general public" but to Club Lexus members they can tell the difference especially when a lot of members are familiar with Work Varianzas sc1.

So is it better for someone to ride stock or have "knock offs" on a Lexus? What do you guys think?

I guess with the economy being so bad, people would probably prefer the route the inexpensive route.

Jun - You should tell your friend to frequently check out the Wheels Classifieds here and explore all the options first... they might find a good deal in that forum.
Old 11-19-08, 09:53 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by retrospexo
hmm... did Vertini jack Seize's photoshop (seen here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=vertini) and put their logo on it? Or did that happen on an agreement? Or am I just out of the loop on this one lol

i was wondering the same thing.
Old 11-19-08, 09:56 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by vietdeluxx
They are definitely Work "knock offs"... I think those wheels are pretty good for the "general public" but to Club Lexus members they can tell the difference especially when a lot of members are familiar with Work Varianzas sc1.

So is it better for someone to ride stock or have "knock offs" on a Lexus? What do you guys think?

I guess with the economy being so bad, people would probably prefer the route the inexpensive route.

Jun - You should tell your friend to frequently check out the Wheels Classifieds here and explore all the options first... they might find a good deal in that forum.

i don't consider those knock offs. it's a generic design.
the work's spokes bend in near the lip. the vertini's are just straight.

if theyre quality wheels, that's all that matters.

did Work knockoff the BBS LM with their vsxx? you can point fingers all you want.

here's a similar Vossen wheel. who did they knock off? Work, or vertini? :
Old 11-20-08, 07:12 AM
LexFather

Exclamation

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I dont get this " not VIP". I guess VIP wheels look like **** because those wheels are hardcore. Thery are gorgeous. I am so tired of the " VIP criteria". There are nice looking cars and bad looking cars. Those wheels will make the car look nice. Amazing in fact. VIP wheels are chunky , heavy, and ugly.

I think you should re-read the original post.

Originally Posted by junjdm
Please be honest......what do you guys think about these wheels? I don't care if you bash....or if you like them....please let me know. Thanks......getting them for a freinds opinion.....do you think they are VIP?

MAIN QUESTION IS......" would you rock them? "

The OP wants to know are they VIP and would people rock them AND give their HONEST opinion.
Its okay if you don't "understand" it. Let the people that do educate what VIP is and in this case what VIP wheels are.

I am no VIP expert but know the basics. The BASIC FACT here is this wheel is a KNOCK-OFF. You cannot put anything KNOCK-OFF on a VIP ride. That is a total oxymoron!!!

Old 11-20-08, 09:08 AM
bboarder71
Driver School Candidate

I like them but not enough to put them on give me something with less spokes
Old 11-20-08, 09:33 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

this "knock off" thing is getting out of hand. that's like saying every 5 spoke wheel in the world is a knock off.

the design of this vertini is NOTHING alike. not a single detail other than having 10 spokes and 5 holes.
Old 11-20-08, 09:35 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

IMHO, it's whether the OP's friend likes the wheel or not. If he likes the wheel, he buys it. If he doesn't like it, don't get them. No one should ever buy new shoes based on other people's opinion, I think that's just dumb coz it sounds like you're asking for acceptance or trying to fit in with the crowd.

If the OP's friend wants VIP wheels, then ask for recommendation of VIP wheels he should consider.

Quick Reply: Attention People.....Need your HONEST opinion...