GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

UGH... the winter squeaks...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-08, 05:35 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

1989Lexus, was that your white GS I saw on the Mass Turnpike this weekend doing about a 100 mph following a Porsche 911?
Old 11-25-08, 08:09 AM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
1989Lexus, was that your white GS I saw on the Mass Turnpike this weekend doing about a 100 mph following a Porsche 911?

LoL Was the car nice? if it was then yes it was me, if it wasnt nice, then no it wasnt me LoL.... jk

Nah I was only on the pike on Friday and I dont remember any 911's. Was it an 08 GS?
Old 11-25-08, 08:09 AM
MelYW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by thomastan
Test drove today...felt didn't work....damn lexus can't make a good car anymore !!!
How tight is the felt fitting between the glass and dash? Make sure it is very tight. You will be able to tell by the resistance when using your screwdriver to push....keep experimenting.

My rattles are gone....for now...and I had many.

Agree with all posters on this issue, it is sad we have to deal with this. I read/heard, however, that other similar class cars also have dash rattle issues (maybe to not thid degree?).
Old 11-25-08, 10:47 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1989Lexus
LoL Was the car nice? if it was then yes it was me, if it wasnt nice, then no it wasnt me LoL.... jk

Nah I was only on the pike on Friday and I dont remember any 911's. Was it an 08 GS?
It look like a pretty new white 3GS, it was tailgating a dark gray 911 doing about a 100 MPH. I started to go after them in my Audi, that was when my top speed limiter all of a suden kick in. My top speed limiter is my wife smacking me in the back of my head telling me to slow down

Last edited by The G Man; 11-26-08 at 05:14 AM.
Old 11-25-08, 10:49 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MelYW
How tight is the felt fitting between the glass and dash? Make sure it is very tight. You will be able to tell by the resistance when using your screwdriver to push....keep experimenting.

My rattles are gone....for now...and I had many.

Agree with all posters on this issue, it is sad we have to deal with this. I read/heard, however, that other similar class cars also have dash rattle issues (maybe to not thid degree?).
I tried the felt paper between the dash and the windshield too, didnt work for me either
Old 11-26-08, 02:30 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me try it again after i get my car back from Dent Ding guy...anyways...i ask Park Place Lexus service advisor and he said he heard about this before and will get back with me soon. I'll let you guys know sometime next week. Happy Thanksgiving to All CL members !!!
Old 11-28-08, 08:28 AM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

I'd rather NOT have a dealership pull my entire dash out to try to fix squeaks and creaks. I think I can deal with it......
Old 11-28-08, 01:02 PM
blckwidow
Rookie

I had that problem too but Sewell Lexus in Dallas fixed it for me the first time.
Old 12-01-08, 06:00 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

I see some of your guys in Texas have the same dash rattle problem, so its not totally cold weather related.
Old 12-02-08, 08:44 AM
mcukier
Rookie

Hey All...

I got my car back and it seems that

a) the dash was reassembled VERY well -- no uneven edges, etc

b) the squeaks and rattles are gone.

I'm going to give it another few weeks before rendering the final verdict, but the initial results are very promising IMHO...

Regards,
Mark
Old 12-02-08, 11:20 AM
bigalexus
Rookie

Hey All...

I'm going to give it another few weeks before rendering the final verdict, but the initial results are very promising IMHO...

Regards,
Mark
Good to hear that, i am going to schedule a appointment with my dealer today...do you know what they all did to fix the problem?
Old 12-02-08, 11:35 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mcukier
Hey All...

Regards,
Mark
Thats good to hear Mark, I am glad they did a great job for you. How is the gap under the center AC vent and around the nav console? Thats the area where it is very hard to get it right.
Old 12-02-08, 12:10 PM
MelYW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by The G Man
Thats good to hear Mark, I am glad they did a great job for you. How is the gap under the center AC vent and around the nav console? Thats the area where it is very hard to get it right.
This was my problem as well...they had to reassemble to make it right. I am keeping my fingers crossed....the self applied felt continues to work...a few creaks here and there...but I am in MN...I should expect that in this temp.
Old 12-04-08, 07:26 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

i guess im taking to Sewell Lexus soon...
Old 12-05-08, 10:30 AM
mcukier
Rookie

I need to ammend my initial response:

I parked outside last night (long story; I'm moving, and I'm out a garage spot for about 2 days... before my big drive to Chicago tomorrow morning) and this morning the squeaks WERE THE WORST EVER. The dash started squeaking right away -- when the steering wheel readjusted, it was basically an awful creeeeeaaaakkk.... and all downhill from there.

It basically sounds like they did nothing at this point. I'm going to try again once I get to Chicago I suppose. Anyone have any recommendations for a great dealer in the Chicago (downtown) or Northern Suburbs area?

I'm pretty pissed to be honest -- laying out $50K for this is somewhat annoying....

Regards,
Mark

PS- Gman, everything was reassembled perfectly to be fair... I inspected the center console and couldn't see anything wrong...

Quick Reply: UGH... the winter squeaks...