GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Just Installed LED DRLs (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-08, 11:09 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmjay
whats the number for the led trunk light?
I believe it was this one (DE3022)... It might not fit perfectly so you have to play around with it and be sure you have to switch "on" at all times (don't worry the light will turn off when you close your trunk, verified by opening the door in the backseat). When the trunk opens, the light will be on automatically. I don't know why Lexus put a on/off button for the trunk light and its hella dark especially with their weak bulb they gave us.

http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/P...39248245232241
Old 12-10-08, 11:11 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stormforge
looks good, vietdeluxx!

btw, what's the wattage on those leds? is it the same or lower than the original drl bulbs?
Not sure about the wattage comparison.. but here is what I found on v-led's website

Part #: 9005_68_W
Emitting Color: HID White
Forward Voltage (DC): 12v
Color Temperature: 6K
Viewing Angle: 360

Remember, the stock DRLs are only use half the power. These DRLs need the full power to work otherwise there will be flickering, thus the module. Don't forget... if you decide to do this, you will lose your high beams. Hope this helps...
Old 12-10-08, 11:15 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The one little nut is just a pop off your gonna just have to pry it down until it kinda pops off then you will be able to twist the bulb off and plug the new one in, if and when you plug the bulb in and it doesn't work....(switch it around and plug it in the other way) I had to do that....and after that just plug twist back in and put the little nut then back in..."little nut thing = clip" haha.....
Old 12-10-08, 11:16 PM
LexFather

Sweeet!!!..........
Old 12-10-08, 11:17 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kyang91
I got those reverse LED lights in the mail but when I try to install them I would not even get those little nuts thing on the top of the trunk off. How can you get those off so I can install them? any help will be great thanks.
You mean the plastic things that holds the cover and the trunk together? You'll have to carefully pry that open with a flat head. Once that plastic thing pops open, you will immediately gain access to the bulb. Twist and replace the old with the new bulb.
Old 12-13-08, 08:57 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally I had done the installation it was very easy after I found a way to get those "little nuts" thing on the trunk cover. However, I do not think it is as bright as I thought it would be. So what kind of LED light bulb should I use if I want to replace my OEM turning light bulbs please help me think........
Old 12-13-08, 11:15 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kyang91
Finally I had done the installation it was very easy after I found a way to get those "little nuts" thing on the trunk cover. However, I do not think it is as bright as I thought it would be. So what kind of LED light bulb should I use if I want to replace my OEM turning light bulbs please help me think........
I think the turn signals are the wedge bulbs similiar to the ones for the "dummy lights" that turn on at night and the reverse bulbs you bought. Not totally sure tho.. try pulling the factor bulbs from the turning lights first to confirm.
Old 12-13-08, 11:27 PM
koosflower
Rookie

haha mine is Blue!!
Old 12-13-08, 11:30 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Cool... is it that blue in person or is it the camera making it look more blue?
Old 12-14-08, 04:28 PM
Wronglane
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I could kick myself,I would. Originally,I was going to install a V-Led 19 SMT bulb fot the 194 buld in the DRL assembly,but,I changed my mind and bought an 11 SMT bulb. Well,I installled them tonight after work. As others have said,bot,you need small hands to get in there,but,all in all,it was easy. By the way,I did not know that polarity mattered.After I put the engine covers back on and started the car,one light was not working.

So,they are nice ,but not as white as I was hoping for. They are not even close to the factory HID headlights as far as color goes.They seem more of a bluish/white to me.They stilll ook good though.On a good note,the wife liked them.She said they look like crystal.

I am going to order the 27 SMT bulb to see how they look.
Old 12-14-08, 10:11 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

The important thing is that your wife liked it.. maybe you can ask her to install the lights for you (assuming she has smaller hands than you)
Old 12-14-08, 11:01 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vietdeluxx

Factory Reverse

LED Reverse Bulbs Installed

Hey Viet or anyone...which bulb is it when you order the reverse light on V-Leds.com ???
Old 12-15-08, 01:11 PM
Wronglane
Advanced

"The important thing is that your wife liked it.. maybe you can ask her to install the lights for you (assuming she has smaller hands than you) "

Install the lights? Who?My wife!? Get her hands dirty on a car? LOL.......That will be the day when I see pifs fly. :-)
Old 12-15-08, 01:12 PM
Wronglane
Advanced

Thomastan,the back up bulb is a 921
Old 12-15-08, 01:25 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Wronglane
Thomastan,the back up bulb is a 921
Thanks for your help Wronglane...i order the 194/168 bulb...i guess its the wrong one but oh wells...ill just give that one to my sister who has a GS also. Just place the 921 bulb...thank you again for your help. Hopefully they ship together and not charge me shipping twice...LOL !!!

Quick Reply: Just Installed LED DRLs (pics inside)