GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Just Installed LED DRLs (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-08, 10:02 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wronglane
Yeah thats the white stuff from yesterday...2" followed by some ice. Friday,we may get a big coastal storm.I hope not.

Vietdeluxx,let me get your opinion.I know you have yellow fogs on your black car and they look great. Mine is white,do you think white HID fogs or yellow would look better? The decision is driving me crazy.
Honestly, you can't go wrong either way... as long as you change the factory amber color.

I prefer yellow...I loved it ever since the 2nd gen GS. (I have the yellow bulbs not HID yellow)

HID white looks good too but I think HID yellow it would be more functional especially where you live.
Old 12-17-08, 11:00 PM
maying856
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wronglane
...............and another.
White doesnt look too bad, especially since you have a white GS. But I would never leave my car out in the snow/rain
Old 12-19-08, 12:45 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys
I just install the LED turning signals, they look pretty cool.....BUT......the flashing frequency is not the kind that I expected it is way too FAST, it is not like those OEM LED turning signal frequency. I am not sure why is that but it seems like something is not right and it also make the turning signal light on your dash flash like crazy as well....so I think i am going to return them.....sad sad
Old 12-19-08, 12:51 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kyang91
Hey guys
I just install the LED turning signals, they look pretty cool.....BUT......the flashing frequency is not the kind that I expected it is way too FAST, it is not like those OEM LED turning signal frequency. I am not sure why is that but it seems like something is not right and it also make the turning signal light on your dash flash like crazy as well....so I think i am going to return them.....sad sad
Low current draws makes it seem like you popped a bulb. Thats why you have fast blinkers. You need some resistors to make it look like regular bulbs to the car.
Old 12-19-08, 01:23 PM
blckwidow
Rookie

VIETDELUXX, I really like it! I've been meaning to do that to my DRLs too but haven't gotten around to it. You were talking about how we don't get too much fog in here in Texas. How'd you enjoy the fog we had the past couple of mornings in Dallas? Driving into work at 7 isn't fun when you have a bunch of bad drivers.
Old 12-19-08, 03:11 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mysteryan
Low current draws makes it seem like you popped a bulb. Thats why you have fast blinkers. You need some resistors to make it look like regular bulbs to the car.
So I blow the bulbs? How can it be?
Old 12-19-08, 03:36 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

So I blow the bulbs? How can it be?
No, LEDs use so less energy compared to incandescent that your car thinks it popped a bulb. Put a resistor on it so your car thinks it's drawing the normal energy that an incandescent would.
Old 12-19-08, 03:44 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by blckwidow
VIETDELUXX, I really like it! I've been meaning to do that to my DRLs too but haven't gotten around to it. You were talking about how we don't get too much fog in here in Texas. How'd you enjoy the fog we had the past couple of mornings in Dallas? Driving into work at 7 isn't fun when you have a bunch of bad drivers.
SAD BUT TRUTH...People in TX do NOT kno how to drive PERIOD!!!

They tend to freak out on rain, snow, sleet, and even sound of thunder!?!

YES you read it correctly, sound of THUNDER!!! They tend to slammed the brake at 60+MPH on the freeway, and I almost kissed some moron's rear with my toy!?!

They need to stop passing out Driver's Lincense at school just b/c they turned 16...
Old 12-19-08, 05:53 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slk_dds

YES you read it correctly, sound of THUNDER!!! They tend to slammed the brake at 60+MPH on the freeway, and I almost kissed some moron's rear with my toy!?!

They need to stop passing out Driver's Lincense at school just b/c they turned 16...

I agree! If all ppl could drive correctly...I think there would be no such thing as "traffic" haha.......dallas isn't too bad compared to other cities I've been in...worst I've experienced was Austin.....and a bit of Houston....
Old 12-19-08, 05:57 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mysteryan
No, LEDs use so less energy compared to incandescent that your car thinks it popped a bulb. Put a resistor on it so your car thinks it's drawing the normal energy that an incandescent would.
Where can i get the resistor? Is it hard to install?
Old 12-19-08, 07:38 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blckwidow
It was definitely a surprise this week with the fog... Yes, there are bad drivers especially on the Tollway.. haha
Old 12-20-08, 09:32 AM
blckwidow
Rookie

Originally Posted by slk_dds

Yeah when the sleet was falling, tell me how come I had 5 people cut me off? People! Learn how to drive! The day someone hurts my GS will be the worst day of their life!
Old 12-20-08, 11:00 AM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Where can i get the resistor? Is it hard to install?
V-Leds Blinker/Warning Fix
Old 12-21-08, 12:56 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

This looks good but I don't like the idea that you cant use your high beams anymore. My lowbeams are bright enough for driving but I use my highbeams to signal to other drivers or people to let them cross the street in front of me. Regardless, this is a nice upgrade.
Old 10-29-09, 02:28 PM
seattlegs
Rookie

This looks nice! This is exactly the look I'm going for on my GS. Did you install the module yourself? I'm wondering if I'm gonna have to take to Lexus for installation, which will probably be pricey

Quick Reply: Just Installed LED DRLs (pics inside)