GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

File a claim on ratttling noise with Lexus...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-08, 11:39 AM
thomastan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default File a claim on ratttling noise with Lexus...

Ok all 3Gen members with rattling or any noise that makes in the dashboard. I took my car into Park Place Lexus. I have 52K miles on my car and try several methods of getting the rattling noise out like stuffing felt and also spraying lubricants. These stuff does work but the noise will come back. My service advisor and manager at dealer gave me 1-800-25-lexus number to file a claim. I call them and they were very nice. I explain to them that it's so embarassing to buy a lexus and all these noise are rattling while i drive with my family, friends and clients. They assure me that they will take care of the problem. They even warranty my rear view mirrow because the tint was fading. Claim Dept. of Lexus contacted my dealer and advise them to warranty all my claims. I fax all the post of all CL members complaining of the same noise to assure them that i'm not the only one that have this problem. I think that was the reason they warranty my car. The manager of Park Place Lexus read the complaints of all CL members and was in shock that so much people out there have this problem and told me that i did my homework so this is why they will warranty my claim. I know alot of members don't like to have there dashboard taken apart but i advise you to have them get it resolve because it's a problem that will keep coming back. The technician assure me he will get all the noise resolve but also told me it will probably take a week or so. I will update you more with this issue....Thank you all 3Gen members for posting this issue up because it help me out alot by letting the dealer know I'M NOT ALONE !!!

Last edited by thomastan; 12-10-08 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-10-08, 11:43 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Nice going thomastan.
Old 12-10-08, 11:48 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

good post, let us know if lexus resolved your rattling issues
Old 12-10-08, 12:05 PM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

Let me know how that goes... I just took my car today into lexus of orlando to fix the dash rattles... I hope they dont screw it up more...
Old 12-10-08, 01:36 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats awesome. I'm very hopeful all my internet complaining will eventually pan out
Old 12-10-08, 01:36 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

well i leave to go pick my car up in a few mins for this dash rattle, i'll let everyone know how it turns out tomrorow morning.
Old 12-10-08, 02:48 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Thomas - Wow... Thanks for taking your time out to do all of that for us.
Old 12-10-08, 02:54 PM
Avid1
Rookie

Funny how Lexus acts surprised when you show them the Club Lexus forums. I have a feeling they do read what's going on here, but don't want to admit it.
Old 12-10-08, 03:04 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

LOL...so true !!! The manager actually read all of it...he told me there's alot of angry GS owners in this forum and said i don't blame them one bit for being angry for what they pay for. So far he's really professional...we'll see what happen to my car when it comes back. If anyone has have there's fix at a dealer and problem is gone...please let us all know what they did to eliminate the noise so i show my dealer's tech. Thanks....
Old 12-10-08, 03:56 PM
rkb43
Pole Position

thomastan, good for you!
The dealer had my car for 5 days when I brought it in but the problem was resolved, no more squeeks or rattles.
Old 12-10-08, 04:20 PM
LP07GS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by thomastan
LOL...so true !!! The manager actually read all of it...he told me there's alot of angry GS owners in this forum and said i don't blame them one bit for being angry for what they pay for. So far he's really professional...we'll see what happen to my car when it comes back. If anyone has have there's fix at a dealer and problem is gone...please let us all know what they did to eliminate the noise so i show my dealer's tech. Thanks....
Oh cool!!! I take my car to Park Place too! Butch is my advisor! He's really good and takes good care of my car. The rattling has been driving me nuts since we are having a litte "freeze" here in Dallas. I think I need to make an appointment to drop my car off!
Old 12-10-08, 08:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

right on man. Thanks for the valuable info. I had mine removed and have been ok so far. I think I might hear a tiny rattle over very bumpy surfaces but not sure. Good to know lexus will take care of us even after warranty has expired.
Old 12-11-08, 03:14 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

mine has went away. not sure what they did but even over some rough roads, not 1 rattle. now i have to see how long this will last.
Old 12-11-08, 08:17 AM
thomastan
Lead Lap

OK Guys...

Here's the scoop on my car. This morning Park Place Lexus Service Advisor ( Sean ) called me and gave me some updated info... Sean told me after the tech guys took my dashboard out and padding it down and also changing something like cold rubber thingy around windshield...majority of the noise went away. So he ask me to call Lexus Claim Dept. ( Mrs. Celeste ) again and ask them to let them work on it further by changing more stuff and padding down the clips. Tech guy said there's only minor noises left but he has pin pointed out the noise and wanted to make sure all noise is gone. Remember guys...my car was making lots of crazy noises. Tech guy even told me that my rear park sensors was acting up and so i told Mrs. Celeste this morning and she told me that she would warranty the park sensors also. I told Mrs. Celeste that alot of Club Lexus members are having these same problems with the noises on the dashboard and she advise me to tell all the members they are welcome to call her and she will make sure they will be taken care off. So guys, here's the number 1-800-25-LEXUS...( ask for Mrs. Celeste ...just press 0 until you get somebody and request her only to file a claim for you ) I'll give more updates soon......

Last edited by thomastan; 12-11-08 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-11-08, 09:57 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

its the white clips right at the bottom of the windshield that cause the noise.

Quick Reply: File a claim on ratttling noise with Lexus...