GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Vibrations....

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-08, 09:25 AM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vibrations....

recently I have been getting vibrations when I put my car in drive after warming up. I took it to lexus and the tech said that it is because I am dropped on AWD. He put the car on the lift and put it in drive and showed me that the vibration went away.I had these springs on for months already starting from the summer and I never had a vibration like this. Could it be the colddd weather here. If anyone is dropped on AWd or has any info please let me know.thanks
does any one know if they have anything out yet for AWD?

Last edited by gs350on22s; 12-26-08 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-26-08, 05:20 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

from my experience, i think it's temperature related. i always had the vibration from the getgo, but harder it felt when it's cold.
Old 12-26-08, 05:44 PM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

i believe that its that 20 degree weather here also but i was worried. the tech at lexus lifted the car a bit on the lift and the vibration stopped. i dunno :/
Old 12-26-08, 06:20 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

i don't think it will cause any more issues other than vibration..
hopefully we will get some coilovers in the future.. just like IS250 AWD's..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...lovers-11.html
Old 12-26-08, 08:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

It will be in the 50's or 60's in Phoenix and I still get this. I think they just need to raise the base idle number by 50 rpm. worked like a charm on my G35
Old 12-26-08, 10:31 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
It will be in the 50's or 60's in Phoenix and I still get this. I think they just need to raise the base idle number by 50 rpm. worked like a charm on my G35
Yeah, usually when it gets cold the car tends to run at a lower idle. Same issue if your at a stop with a/c on.
Old 12-27-08, 10:06 AM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Putting the car on a lift/rack and running it in drive is a good test but it's not conclusive! There are other factors to consider. I think the main test is re-installing the stock springs to determine if lowering is the root cause. As far back as I can remember, the idling vibration I observe was the same with the stock springs. The AWD GS has a tendency to vibrate more than the RWD. Adding lowering springs just adds to the resonance.
Old 01-22-09, 03:32 PM
x-tian-350
Rookie

Originally Posted by gs350on22s
recently I have been getting vibrations when I put my car in drive after warming up. I took it to lexus and the tech said that it is because I am dropped on AWD. He put the car on the lift and put it in drive and showed me that the vibration went away.I had these springs on for months already starting from the summer and I never had a vibration like this. Could it be the colddd weather here. If anyone is dropped on AWd or has any info please let me know.thanks
does any one know if they have anything out yet for AWD?

Have you figured this issue out. I just purchased a 2007 GS350 AWD and have this same exact problem. THe engine is pretty loud too on start up cold. I was reading that if you change the motor mounts it helps... Let me know...

Thaanks
Old 01-22-09, 04:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I have taken my car in for that frustrating idle vibration. They keep telling me that there is no codes in the ECU. I just keep telling them that the idle drops to 500 -525 rpm. The car should sit closer to 600. The random intermittent drop in RPM causes the idle in my car to sit at 500 rpm. I want to take a picture with my camera next time and show them. I actually tried putting the car in nuetral and revving the motor and the idle went right back to normal
Old 01-22-09, 05:40 PM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

i was reading on some thread that some kid said that when u get that vibration on a stop with the awd to have the dealer check the top hat nuts and struts. i am not sure about that but i will ask my tech at the dealer.
when i went to the dealer to check on my vibration he said to me that it is for sure from the springs. i think its because the springs as well.
Old 02-14-09, 02:17 PM
kitony
Driver School Candidate

I have taken my car in for that frustrating idle vibration. They keep telling me that there is no codes in the ECU. I just keep telling them that the idle drops to 500 -525 rpm. The car should sit closer to 600. The random intermittent drop in RPM causes the idle in my car to sit at 500 rpm. I want to take a picture with my camera next time and show them. I actually tried putting the car in nuetral and revving the motor and the idle went right back to normal
HI I8ABMR
I saw your car got TEIN cst coilover on it. How is it, any vibrating, bouncy, strange sound when hit bump road? I'm looking to get TEIN coilover strut to my GS350 AWD. I though it may slove my problem now. Now I use Road magnet spring for AWD but it's vibrating from drive out, bounce when hit bump road.
Old 02-14-09, 08:31 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by kitony
HI I8ABMR
I saw your car got TEIN cst coilover on it. How is it, any vibrating, bouncy, strange sound when hit bump road? I'm looking to get TEIN coilover strut to my GS350 AWD. I though it may slove my problem now. Now I use Road magnet spring for AWD but it's vibrating from drive out, bounce when hit bump road.
Tein CST will not fit AWD GS. In fact, there is no coilovers available for AWD models. Coilovers will only fit rear wheel drive GS.
Old 02-15-09, 12:48 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

HI I8ABMR

no problems at all. The set up solid. No rattles, vibrations, or weirdness. The car rides nicely and the shocks are adjustable so you can have the Lexus ride or the stiffer suspension for some spirited driving
Old 02-15-09, 01:54 PM
kitony
Driver School Candidate

no problems at all. The set up solid. No rattles, vibrations, or weirdness. The car rides nicely and the shocks are adjustable so you can have the Lexus ride or the stiffer suspension for some spirited driving
Are you saying that your GS AWD installed TEIN cst coilover on it. Then ride with no vibrating and no weirdness. Man I should do as your car. How much you pay for this set of TEIN cst? Such a good news for me and GS350ON22S too
Old 02-15-09, 05:38 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Are you saying that your GS AWD installed TEIN cst coilover on it. Then ride with no vibrating and no weirdness. Man I should do as your car. How much you pay for this set of TEIN cst? Such a good news for me and GS350ON22S too
NO!!! I hope you didnt think my car is AWD. Its a GS350 RWD. I live in AZ. It would be pretty lame to rock an AWD Lexus in AZ

Quick Reply: Vibrations....