GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Why i hate taking my car in for service!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-08, 12:58 PM
MELODY7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why i hate taking my car in for service!!

So this morning I took in my car for an oil change at Pembroke Pines Lexus here in Florida. Before taking it in I counted exactly how much change I had, how many sticks of gum, my cd order, etc. Everything in my center console. My oil change was pretty quick and as soon as I get back into my vehicle I recheck everything. What a surprise, my change was missing, some of the gum was missing, and my cds were all misplaced. Now I know this not might be a big deal to some of you but its all about the principle. Once we hand over the keys to someone at Lexus, we are supposed to feel assured that our car is in good hands. Why go through all of our personal stuff? An oil change had nothing to do for someone to be going through our personal space. This is ridiculous and has to stop. Can someone provide me with the number to Lexus's customer service. An email would be fine as well. Sorry guys just venting.
Old 12-27-08, 01:01 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hah.

this principle applies everywhere: trust no one. never leave anything in the car when you drop it off. not even your insurance papers.
Old 12-27-08, 02:47 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I'd be pissed as hell too.

Here's the number to Lexus Corporate. Definitely call and complain.

1-800-255-3987

You can also e-mail Lexus Corporate as well.

https://lexus2.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...nduser/ask.php
Old 12-27-08, 05:47 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Lexus of Pines? I've never had a problem, but how often do they see my car... personalized settings and an oil change. Less then an hour, but then again I have a great service adviser and lock up all my stuff before handing it over.
Old 12-27-08, 06:14 PM
boxcarfan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had to replace a guys console in an IS i think once. and the dude had lube in the console...omg i about threw up cause it was all over the tube it came in...thank god i was wearing gloves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.
Old 12-27-08, 08:42 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MELODY7
So this morning I took in my car for an oil change at Pembroke Pines Lexus here in Florida. Before taking it in I counted exactly how much change I had, how many sticks of gum, my cd order, etc. Everything in my center console. My oil change was pretty quick and as soon as I get back into my vehicle I recheck everything. What a surprise, my change was missing, some of the gum was missing, and my cds were all misplaced. Now I know this not might be a big deal to some of you but its all about the principle. Once we hand over the keys to someone at Lexus, we are supposed to feel assured that our car is in good hands. Why go through all of our personal stuff? An oil change had nothing to do for someone to be going through our personal space. This is ridiculous and has to stop. Can someone provide me with the number to Lexus's customer service. An email would be fine as well. Sorry guys just venting.
You should have contacted the service manager on the spot the moment you found your stuff in disarray. If you got nowhere with them then go to 1-800-25-LEXUS. Leaving it for a few days leaves the door open for doubt. For all you know the dealership has a bad employee and needs people like you to report this stuff immediately. Given delay allows for the he said she said card to be played. Don't discredit an entire dealership on the actions of one employee until you have tried to work with the dealership.

steviej
Old 12-27-08, 10:08 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next time take a picture right before you take it in and if anything is missing...report to service manager so they can be aware of the incident.
Old 12-27-08, 11:51 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Ditto above 2, you should have complained to the service manager right-away.
Old 12-28-08, 02:16 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like problem with bad porters (probably some young punks)... you should take this up with the dealership GM, kinda lame to report to Lexus Corp IMO...
Old 12-28-08, 08:55 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

That explains why they require wearing white gloves while working on your car - no fingerprints LOL!!!

But seriously, this is bizarre. Although I do only oil change at our Ray Catena dealership, the service is beyond any expectations. After the service, they run through deluxe car wash and always leave a box of mint chocolate inside. Got very spoiled with that
Old 12-28-08, 09:03 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by steviej
You should have contacted the service manager on the spot the moment you found your stuff in disarray. If you got nowhere with them then go to 1-800-25-LEXUS. Leaving it for a few days leaves the door open for doubt. For all you know the dealership has a bad employee and needs people like you to report this stuff immediately. Given delay allows for the he said she said card to be played. Don't discredit an entire dealership on the actions of one employee until you have tried to work with the dealership.

steviej
Ditto x3.
If you complain later ther is always that thought in the back of their mind that you are not being truthful. The first thought is why not complain rught away.
I leave my change laying around all the time and it's never been disturbed. Drive to JMLExus for your service. They will fire anyone who messes with a customers car. Lot's of other dealerships won't. They will lie to you and say, we will handle it. They do nothing but JM is fanatical about having staff they can trust. I've seen them fire guys for some petty stuff....but understandible.
Old 12-28-08, 08:28 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

I know these things happen but I am surprised it was at a Lexus Dealership...
Old 12-29-08, 04:20 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MELODY7
No need to be sorry about venting. Your car is their for service and not to have things taken from it.

Originally Posted by dunnojack
hah.

this principle applies everywhere: trust no one. never leave anything in the car when you drop it off. not even your insurance papers.
Agreed. I use my cell phone camera to take a quick pic of the mileage before I step foot out the car when it gets serviced.
Old 12-29-08, 07:50 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 256 Likes on 202 Posts

I keep a cardboard box out in the garage for the sole purpose of holding everything I remove from a car before I take it in for service. I too have lost all the change from the coin holder and other stuff from a car while it has been at a dealership for service.

I now don't leave a single thing in the glove box, console, door pockets, seat pockets or trunk. I remove the CDs from the changer and all the coins from the coin holder.

My first Lexus had a fixed phone -- I had to lock the keypad with the security code to keep the Lexus dealer service staff from using my phone and eating up my minutes.

Car dealers sometimes do the strangest things. Back in the 1980s, I found out that a Mercedes dealer had used my car to shuttle other customers to and from their work places all over the Kansas City metro area.

I guess if you live long enough, you see all sorts of $#!+.
Old 12-29-08, 10:10 AM
GS_OREO
Pole Position

[QUOTE=Kansas;4118910]

Car dealers sometimes do the strangest things. Back in the 1980s, I found out that a Mercedes dealer had used my car to shuttle other customers to and from their work places all over the Kansas City metro area.
QUOTE]

Wow thats harsh

Quick Reply: Why i hate taking my car in for service!!