GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Squeaks and dash noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-09, 05:06 AM
jane12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Wish I was ready now. Found a nice 07 white w/ black interior with ML and Nav, 28,669 miles for $32,999.
Old 01-29-09, 02:31 PM
bDoc
Driver School Candidate

I first want to say thanks to thomastan for all the information that he's been giving on this issue. I took the advice and printed out a few of the forum threads (enough to make them not want to read them all). I called the 1-800-25-LEXUS number (didn't get Celeste though). They told me to go to the dealer and have them look at it then they might work with me. Well I had to pay the $114 diagnosis fee. I first showed them the printout. It is a good thing to have this because they know you've done the research so they better not try any bull. They first came back and said that they didn't hear anything but there was something wrong with one of the struts. HUH??? They offered to get in the car with me and go for a ride. Well because it wasn't as cold the creaks from the dash were not as pronounced. Just my luck right? But we kept riding and purposely hit a few potholes and the tech heard it. Now we go back to the service room and the tech said he would take a look and do some things to fix it and it would be about $60 worth of work. He was talking about padding it. Then to my surprise they offered to fix the Fuel Rails for the fuel injection, the Electronic steering racks, and rear brake caliper bolts. which is on recall now but I didn't know it was for the 430. They gave me an RX350 loaner and said I could come back tomorrow afternoon to pick it up. Needless to say I'm pretty happy right now but we'll see tomorrow when I get my GS back. I'll keep you all posted. Again BIG THANKS go out to Thomastan and a big thanks right now go out to Hennessey Lexus of Gwinnett in Georgia for working with me and trying to help get this fixed. Fingers are crossed.

Last edited by bDoc; 02-01-09 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-30-09, 04:11 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your welcome bDoc...glad to help a member.
Old 02-01-09, 11:21 AM
bDoc
Driver School Candidate

Well I got it back and everything sounds great or for that matter doesn't sound at all which is a good thing. I only had to pay $56 because they credited the amount of the diagnostic fee. I'm very happy about this now and once again thanks to thomastan for putting this info out.
Old 02-01-09, 04:45 PM
tman100z
Driver School Candidate

Hi all, I have had my 06 gs430 since Oct 08. I have been on this forum since i brought home the car. It has a wealth of info but I wish I did not read the post on the dash rattles and squeeks. Now that I know of them, I hear them!!!!
Old 02-01-09, 07:33 PM
bDoc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tman100z
Hi all, I have had my 06 gs430 since Oct 08. I have been on this forum since i brought home the car. It has a wealth of info but I wish I did not read the post on the dash rattles and squeeks. Now that I know of them, I hear them!!!!
I was the exact opposite. I heard the rattles and squeaks as soon as I got my 06 gs430 just last month Jan '09. I thought I was crazy so I started searching the web and found this site. What a relief to know I wasn't the only one. Did you get the campaign done on yours?
Old 02-02-09, 10:04 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

Lexus Claim Dept. didn't vouch for my rear rattles so Park Place Lexus vouch it themself...now that's customer service So far NO RATTLES AT ALL !!! just finish putting the Vleds for DRL, Reverse Lights, Fogs, Trunk Lights, Shark Fin Antennae and about to install Prestigious Society Nav/DVD Override...also polish and put Rejex !!! NOW GOING FISHING...enough with the ride.....
Old 02-03-09, 05:24 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

thomastan, you dont mean to say that your dealer actually paid for the repair, do you?
Old 02-03-09, 05:48 AM
tman100z
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bDoc
I was the exact opposite. I heard the rattles and squeaks as soon as I got my 06 gs430 just last month Jan '09. I thought I was crazy so I started searching the web and found this site. What a relief to know I wasn't the only one. Did you get the campaign done on yours?
bDoc

Ive been looking into getting it done. I just recently registered the car with Lexus online about 3-4 days ago and i got some recall/tsib info yesterday for the brakes and some other issue. when i schedule that repair, ill ask about the dash fix.
Old 02-03-09, 10:52 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by The G Man
thomastan, you dont mean to say that your dealer actually paid for the repair, do you?
Park Place Lexus pay for the rear rattles and park sensors bc Lexus Claim Dept already pay over $3k on the front rattles, front sensors and rear view mirrow. They denied my rear rattle so Park Place took one for me...

Last edited by thomastan; 02-03-09 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-04-09, 07:22 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Ahhh ok, the rear rattle is a easy fix if I remember right, about an hour worth of work.
Old 02-04-09, 08:34 AM
thomastan
Lead Lap

Now im bringing back to the dealer for the 9LB & 9LC Safety Recall...just set an appt. with them...my car loves being at this dealership.
Old 02-04-09, 06:32 PM
gshorty430
Driver School Candidate

Default thanks for the info

Thanks for the info "thomastan." Really helped me get my GS430 fixed eventhough my original warranty is up. The extended warranty doesn't cover it.After two weeks of numerous phone calls to lexus and them calling the dealer i purchased the vehicle from plus the dealer i usually service my Ls, they finally decided on taking full responsibility,and fix the rattles 100%. Again thanks for the information,Thomastan and the rest of Club Lexus.
Old 02-04-09, 10:54 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gshorty430
Thanks for the info "thomastan." Really helped me get my GS430 fixed eventhough my original warranty is up. The extended warranty doesn't cover it.After two weeks of numerous phone calls to lexus and them calling the dealer i purchased the vehicle from plus the dealer i usually service my Ls, they finally decided on taking full responsibility,and fix the rattles 100%. Again thanks for the information,Thomastan and the rest of Club Lexus.
Im glad everything work out for you. You gotta remember this...the dealer should be on your side even if your out of warranty. The dealers get pay for the work so they should put some extra effort into getting the claim from Lexus approve. The service manger of my dealer told Lexus that my car was not in any accident and they need to warranty this rattle issues that everybody is having. He also fax over the CL printout threads that i provided them so Lexus can see that EVERYBODY is having this issue unless your deaf or love to hear stirofoam noises...
Old 02-05-09, 12:15 PM
HouTxLex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by thomastan
Lexus Claim Dept. didn't vouch for my rear rattles so Park Place Lexus vouch it themself...now that's customer service So far NO RATTLES AT ALL !!! just finish putting the Vleds for DRL, Reverse Lights, Fogs, Trunk Lights, Shark Fin Antennae and about to install Prestigious Society Nav/DVD Override...also polish and put Rejex !!! NOW GOING FISHING...enough with the ride.....
I am in Houston and will purchasing a 06 GS300 in the near future. Maybe we can meet halfway and you can help me with the dvd nav hack. That is, after you have finished yours.

Quick Reply: Squeaks and dash noise