GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

ebrake light on after dvd override hack

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-09 | 08:08 PM
CashOverAs
Driver

Default ebrake light on after dvd override hack

obviously i messed this one up.
My ebrake light is on and my ebrake is definitely not engaged. what did i do wrong?
maybe i took the wrong yellow wire. but i dont see how because whatever i did obviously messesd with the ebrake. did i take the wrong side of the yellow wire? I have it coming out of the dashharness and onto the ground. and then there is some yellow wire hanging out of the harness coming out of the radio and going to nothing.
alsoooo, will driving my car with the ebrake light on but without the parking brake engaged mess up my car?
Old 01-20-09 | 08:27 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

You got thr right wire, You grounded the wrong end. Remember you are telling the radio that the ebrake is on and that occurs when there is a ground going to the radio. You wont do any harm.
Old 01-20-09 | 09:13 PM
CashOverAs
Driver

im gonna go crazy by the time this mod is done! i made the switch! thanks, the ebrake light doesnt come on anymore but now theres NOOOO picture on the dash. EVEN WITH THE PARKING BRAKE ON. i hear the sound fine though... I guess i missed one of the 18 harness, ill try again tomorrow
Old 01-20-09 | 09:59 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CashOverAs
im gonna go crazy by the time this mod is done! i made the switch! thanks, the ebrake light doesnt come on anymore but now theres NOOOO picture on the dash. EVEN WITH THE PARKING BRAKE ON. i hear the sound fine though... I guess i missed one of the 18 harness, ill try again tomorrow
is the PICTURE button greyed out or visible when you want to watch the video?/ You know you have to press picture to get it up on the screen, pressing CD(dvd) does not do it automatically
Old 01-20-09 | 11:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
is the PICTURE button greyed out or visible when you want to watch the video?/ You know you have to press picture to get it up on the screen, pressing CD(dvd) does not do it automatically
but if all he did was to ground that wire, and the car is moving. the PICTURE button will be greyed out right? i believe that button is not controlled by the e-brake grounding?

cashoveras, you sure you are grounding that wire right? where do you ground it to? once you cut the wire, the parking brake (engaged or not) really does nothing to the dvd playback anymore, coz' the signal is gone! if you only hear sound, did you try to press the disc button 1 or 2 times to cycle it, does it help? if not, if you press on AM/FM and then back to disc, does it help?
Old 01-21-09 | 06:42 AM
CashOverAs
Driver

thanks for the help guys.
I DID press the picture button, when I do that, the screen goes completely black but I hear the volume. if i push the screen again the dvd buttons appear but no matter what I push, no picture.
it definitely could be the wrong wire. I used a yellow wire. the one in the same harness as the navi hack. im guessing its the same one because as i stated, i grounded the wrong end first and it threw the ebrake light on the dash. unless all yellow wires are connected to the ebrake but i spliced the wrong yellow ebrake wire.
Ill check this afternoon to see what is greyed out and to cycle through everything.
thanks
Old 01-21-09 | 11:15 AM
CashOverAs
Driver

sorry to bump my own thread, the "picture" button is not greyed out. I can click it all i want while driving.
I did cycle through everything like crazy, no help there.
its gotta be one of two things.
1. I grounded the wrong wire. would this cause no video but the picture button not greyed out?
or 2. i totally missed a harness when i was pluggin stuff back in. there are soo many I wouldnt be surprised. but i have audio and the dvd buttons. could that be?
thanks again guys
Old 01-21-09 | 11:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

just curious, that's the only wire you touched/cut?
Old 01-21-09 | 11:43 AM
CashOverAs
Driver

nope, i did the full navi over ride, which works perfect. i guess. I flip the switch and i can enter address...
I also installed my VAIS yesterday.
Old 01-21-09 | 12:08 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

I would suggest making surfe all your conmnections are all nice and tight....I suspect you have a loose video connection...
Old 01-21-09 | 07:08 PM
CashOverAs
Driver

Default No video after dvd override hack

I guess there are lots of variables here, but please help.
Last night I did the navi hack, dvd override and VAIS.
I think my vais and navi over ride seem to be 100% PERFECT.
but I get nooo video on the navi screen. I just replugged all the harness and nothing. I dont even get video with the parking brake on.
I hear the audio fine, and the button does not grey out so the dvd player is playing while I drive. but no picture. while im driving i can touch the black screen and the dvd menu controls come up, but no picture.
any ideas pleaseeee.
Old 01-21-09 | 09:19 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Your parking brake will no longer have any effect since you chopped it off. You know you got the right wire since grounding the wrong end gave you a dash light. Besides that wire there were 2 other wires to cut and if your nav is working fine, it has to be a connection issue. I hope someone else can chime in for you..........
Old 01-21-09 | 09:23 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

my suggestion is to take it back out and take a picture for us. I am guessing that you have one wire wrong or loose on there thats the issue IMO. I know a few people with the 2IS had similar problems like this. Everything else works fine but this right? You get pic with the navi, radio, bt, ect....
Old 01-22-09 | 08:24 PM
CashOverAs
Driver

okkk, so thanks to the guys that have even looked at this thread and help with advice.
I just disconnect the vais (just to eliminate all variables) and i am still having t he same problem.
So here are the pictures...
this one is to show the harness i used. its the top harness closest to the driver side. its the yellow wire. it comes out of that harness thats plugged into the head unit and down to a ground I used. maybe the ground is bad?!?!
also, when i spliced this wire, the other end (coming from inside the dash) is just hanging out, not attached or plugged into anything. is that correct?
Attached Thumbnails ebrake light on after dvd override hack-1232682617239.jpg  
Old 01-22-09 | 08:27 PM
CashOverAs
Driver

maybe this picture helps show exactly what wire i used? Its the only yellow wire in this harness... i think
the harness is 'upside down' in this picture. so the what appears to be the top row in this picture, when it gets plugged in it would really be the bottom row. so in this picture, that yellow wire on the top all the way to the right is the one i used. but when its plugged in, the yellow wire is bottom row all the way to the left.
Attached Thumbnails ebrake light on after dvd override hack-1232682513317.jpg  

Quick Reply: ebrake light on after dvd override hack