GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-09, 12:35 PM
rtDDS26
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Warranty

Just want to say hello to everyone here. I just purchased a new 2008 GS white with black interior. I had purchased the Penske extended warranty and was wondering if NAV was covered under the electrical, I read the brochure and it really doesn't outright say NAV. And is there such a thing as a lexus oem extended warranty? If so, how is that different than Penske? It gives me peace of mind to have that warranty but I felt real pressured into getting it. I usually am real thorough before I make a big decision like that, but we were an hour past closing, finishing the paperwork. I was really irritated by the finance manager but I was so braindead after work and driving 2 hours to get to the dealership, I just purchased the car two days ago, do you think they will give me a refund on the warranty?? Well needless to so...I love the car! And I'm happy with the purchase.
Old 01-24-09, 02:02 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yes. go back and get the refund.

you were suckered into it. and you put a big fat smile on his face with the commission he just earned.

tell em you're gonna get the lexus factory extended warranty, but don't buy anything further from them.

when i bought my car, the finance guys handed me that paper with all the extra options.
I just took their black pen, and drew a big fat line across all the options.
Solved that scam in 2 seconds.
Old 01-25-09, 12:40 AM
ekc
Pole Position

I'm looking into getting the extended warranty (my car is at 49k miles right now), and I've heard that you can get pretty good discounts on the extended warranty. Is that true? For example, the Lexus Gold program for the GS350 is $1725 for 6 yrs/100k miles. Is it possible to talk them down 30-40%?
Old 02-13-09, 01:12 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Does anyone know where to get Lexus' extended warranty CHEAP!?!
Old 02-13-09, 09:30 PM
Wronglane
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last week,I purchased a Platinum extended warranty for a 2006 GS300. I do not know if it was the cheapest out there,but,I do know some dealers are asking much more.One Toyota dealer wanted $3100 ,but,stated he would take $3000....what a nice crook....I mean guy.

Anyway,I paid $1700 for the 6 year/100k.
Old 02-13-09, 10:14 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by rtDDS26
Just want to say hello to everyone here. I just purchased a new 2008 GS white with black interior. I had purchased the Penske extended warranty and was wondering if NAV was covered under the electrical, I read the brochure and it really doesn't outright say NAV. And is there such a thing as a lexus oem extended warranty? If so, how is that different than Penske? It gives me peace of mind to have that warranty but I felt real pressured into getting it. I usually am real thorough before I make a big decision like that, but we were an hour past closing, finishing the paperwork. I was really irritated by the finance manager but I was so braindead after work and driving 2 hours to get to the dealership, I just purchased the car two days ago, do you think they will give me a refund on the warranty?? Well needless to so...I love the car! And I'm happy with the purchase.
Congrats on your purchase. As far as the extended warranty, it's extra coverage...which there is nothing wrong with it. The Penske warranty is a pretty good 3rd party warranty for what it's worth. There is also a Lexus extended warranty that should have been offered to you as well. The Penske warranty is refundable. I had it prior on my 04 IS300 when I had it new, but I ended up going for a refund a year later...since I was looking into buying a different car.
Old 02-14-09, 01:38 AM
hayawan2
Driver School Candidate

Where did you buy from?
Old 02-14-09, 07:35 AM
rtDDS26
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flipside909
Congrats on your purchase. As far as the extended warranty, it's extra coverage...which there is nothing wrong with it. The Penske warranty is a pretty good 3rd party warranty for what it's worth. There is also a Lexus extended warranty that should have been offered to you as well. The Penske warranty is refundable. I had it prior on my 04 IS300 when I had it new, but I ended up going for a refund a year later...since I was looking into buying a different car.
Thanks flipside...I will definitely do that. He never gave me any options and actually mentioned that it was a Penske two seconds before I signed the dotted line. I didn't really know what the heck he was talking about but figured it was from Lexus. I'd much rather have one from the factory.

Hayawan2, I purchased from Stevens Creek in San Jose.
Old 02-14-09, 08:29 AM
bryanc182
Driver

Are the extended warrranties even worth it??? I read over some of the different ones that they offer....but if i remember correctly, in small fine print, it stated something about it will NOT cover the parts LISTED that they consider everyday wear and tear or parts that get worn out over time....not in those exact words...but pretty close...i remember asking the guy why i would want to pay for an extended warranty when it's only going to cover things that "they" think need to be covered in the warranty or what "they" think is every day wear and tear....he really couldn't give me an answer....

I think if it's on the list of what the warranty covers, it needs to be covered...regardless
Old 02-14-09, 09:21 AM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by slk_dds
Does anyone know where to get Lexus' extended warranty CHEAP!?!
Try this guy. I have found him to be the cheapest.

Neil Hull CIO
Molle Automotive Group
816 942 5200 Ext 139
785 217 3212 Cell
neilh@molletoyota.com
Old 02-24-09, 11:34 PM
ekc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kingofire
Try this guy. I have found him to be the cheapest.

Neil Hull CIO
Molle Automotive Group
816 942 5200 Ext 139
785 217 3212 Cell
neilh@molletoyota.com
Great. Exactly what I needed. Thanks!
Old 02-25-09, 05:27 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bryanc182
Are the extended warrranties even worth it??? I read over some of the different ones that they offer....but if i remember correctly, in small fine print, it stated something about it will NOT cover the parts LISTED that they consider everyday wear and tear or parts that get worn out over time....not in those exact words...but pretty close...i remember asking the guy why i would want to pay for an extended warranty when it's only going to cover things that "they" think need to be covered in the warranty or what "they" think is every day wear and tear....he really couldn't give me an answer....

I think if it's on the list of what the warranty covers, it needs to be covered...regardless
It does in a lot of ways. Original warranty is 4yr/50,000 mi whichever comes first. Now if your car is approaching either or, you'll need that extended warranty definitely. I bought my when it's 19k mi. On the 3rd day, the nav acted up, brought it in. They replace the whole unit @ $5,500 FREE. Of course, my car still under the original warranty. Imagine if yours is already over, that 5.5k out of your pocket. Get it. It's @ $1800.
Old 02-25-09, 06:01 AM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

If you buy a GS say from a Acura dealership ( any non Lexus dealership )used 24k on it does the original warranty carry with the car over to me or is it void??

Thanks
Old 02-25-09, 06:08 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

It carries over.
Old 02-25-09, 06:10 AM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

^^ ahhh thanks man

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty