GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Brake Squeal Fixed For Now

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-09, 07:12 PM
LP07GS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS2006
Just got the Service Campaign from Lexus USA today. I have not received any notification on the others 9LA or 9LC. I need to check my VIN to see if those apply.
I’m located in the DFW area. I will not deal with PP Grapevine. I have had better luck with Sewell FW. Who do you take yours two?
I am also in the DFW area. Why will you not deal w/ PP Grapevine? I had been taking my GS there but have been thinking about taking my car to Sewell. I need to make an appointment to take my car in this week so I need to see which dealer to take my car to. Isnt there a Sewell Lexus in Dallas off Lemmon?
Old 02-02-09, 07:36 PM
GS2006
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LP07GS
I am also in the DFW area. Why will you not deal w/ PP Grapevine? I had been taking my GS there but have been thinking about taking my car to Sewell. I need to make an appointment to take my car in this week so I need to see which dealer to take my car to. Isnt there a Sewell Lexus in Dallas off Lemmon?
Yes, there is Sewell in Dallas. I have not been to that branch.
PP damaged my car in each visit and the last straw was the lying.
The list is very long.
Overfilled oil, damaged rims, dent car, used a Sawzall to cut out the windshield guide pins and sawed into the paint and metal under the cowl. The Sewell mechanic showed it to me and could not believe it. I could, goes with their service.
Then the lying about replacing two tires.. They stated they replace them, when they did not… on and on.. I even saw a LS430 on a lift and they did not align the lift point on the pinch weld correctly and it damaged the rocker panel. I snapped a photo as I was just appalled. They left it on the lift like that over the weekend. I bet they did not even notice what they did. I bet they attempted to return the car to the owner hoping they would not notice. Why are you thinking of moving away from PP?
Old 02-02-09, 08:15 PM
LP07GS
Driver School Candidate

Yikes!!!! That is horrible. It kinda makes me mad!!! I have to admit that I had a good service advisor at PP but I'm hearing nothing but good things about the Sewell service dept. I pretty much baby my car and when I take it in for service I want it to well maintained and NOT scratched or damaged. Is that too much to ask for? My rear brakes are squealing when its really cold and that dang rattle in the dash is driving me up the wall. Plus my car needs to be serviced. Im in the Coppell area so I think the Dallas location is closer. I would like to see the FW location too. So the TSB isnt about changing the pads just lubing a part?? right??
Old 02-02-09, 08:21 PM
GS2006
Lead Lap

I don’t have the actual TSB (can not seem to find the newer TSBS on line. The place I viewed them two years ago no longer exists), but the letter states grease only.
I have taken my car in four times for rattles; two at PP and two at Sewell. I still get rattles in the cold. So far no issues with the brakes. Did you get the low dust pads installed? I no longer deal with advisors. I work with the service manager or the tech. The manager or tech gets the advisor to do the paperwork. The tech told me they have their share of issues (told me that after he told me about the Sawzall). However, the service manager and tech I worked with at Sewell were attentive and very helpful. When it come to fixing rattles, it is very hard for them to take out the dash with out some damage happening. If you're like me, give your car a good inspection before picking up your car.
Old 02-02-09, 09:07 PM
LP07GS
Driver School Candidate

ha.. I do that too.. when I pick up my car I usually stop at the gas station down the road from PP to inspect my car. I guess I wont mention the dash rattling on this next visit b/c I sure dont want any damage. Did you have any damage when they tried to fix your dash rattles? I did not get the low dust pads installed. I like the way my car stops with the high friction brake pads and I didnt want to lose that. I am pretty **** with my car and when I have cleaned it all up I have made it a habit to wipe the front wheels when I get home from work. I know.. I know. high maintenance.. but that's just me! Now I guess I need to become buddies w/ the techs and service managers. haha!
Old 02-02-09, 10:11 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KayGee
I had the low dust pads replaced twice before I gave up waiting for Lexus to solve the problem and had these installed:

how do you like your new pads? i assume no squeaks whatsoever since you replaced them - approx how many miles on these new pads?
Old 02-03-09, 06:44 AM
GS2006
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LP07GS
Did you have any damage when they tried to fix your dash rattles?
At PP, they damaged the car with the Sawzall (the windshield clip removal is now part of the rattle tsb). At the time they did this, there was no tsb.

At PP, the seat belt TSB, they cut the b pillar covers. Both of them. Looked like they used a flat bade screwdriver instead of the nylon recommended tool.

At Sewell, when they pulled out the dash, they have to remove a lot of stuff. Driver’s seat, steering wheel, center console etc. The guy that did my work was very good, but with all that removal, something is going to happen. The side panel on the center console got cut. They did not notice this, and I noticed it on the way home. They repaired the panel (did not replace). Found a small black broken clip behind the driver’s seat. Showed it to him, and he did not know were it came from. I looked all over the place and could not find the spot it came from. Most likely behind something.
When I went to Sewell, I explained my concerns with the manager about damage and my experiences with PP. He went and got the tech and we talked for awhile and showed him the issues. I like him and agreed to let him do the work. If you get the chance, talk to these guys. It is interesting how they get paid for these things.

I still have rattles when it is cold. One is real bad on the driver side. That rattle did not exist a year ago. Good luck.
Old 02-03-09, 07:12 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
how do you like your new pads? i assume no squeaks whatsoever since you replaced them - approx how many miles on these new pads?

It is too early to tell. I'll report back after a 1000 miles or so.