GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My baby was keyed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-09 | 08:16 AM
caha14
Racer

Wow, painful to look at that! Hard to believe there can be such a-holes out there...

I'm beyond amazed at your repair job! It looks awesome.
Old 03-01-09 | 08:20 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lexucan

stevechumo: not this side of the border. Any of our judges would say, "Oh you poor kid. Must have had an unfortunate upbringing". Then kiss his *** and send him on his way. Seriously.
Sometimes they do get in trouble. A kid smashed my passenger glass and the cops caught him. He was jailed and paid restitution (I didn't get all the money but at least the kid smelled the odor of responsibility).
The kid who did me wrong was a repeat offender and that probably played a part in why he was punished...he had already been given more chances than he deserved.
Old 03-01-09 | 08:23 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by retrospexo
damn, good job on the clean up. but man, haters are thriving! lol once after coming out of a pool hall (i was parked right in front) i found someone had spit on my window lol. what a goon, im glad that's all it was, i just laughed and thought wow, what a tool.
I found someone had spit on my car too....and I caught her. It was an older lady. I asked why she did it but she didn't have the guts to say anything. I wanted to retaliate by spitting on her but this was an old lady.

Chris, sorry about the incident but at least you have the skills to fix it yourself. That's a good thing.
Old 03-01-09 | 11:22 AM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Wow you did a great job. Damn I would of wanted to kill this guy. Sorry that happen.
Old 03-01-09 | 11:43 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexucan
That key job almost resembles a tagger's sig. Maybe you should take some pics of it to the police and see if they have a file on any1 in your area that does that sort of crap for a hobby.

stevechumo: not this side of the border. Any of our judges would say, "Oh you poor kid. Must have had an unfortunate upbringing". Then kiss his *** and send him on his way. Seriously.
In that case, I wouldn't want to live in your area. It allows any kids who have unfortunate upbringing to do harm to other people, or even a society at large without being punished. When a person doesn't realize that he's harmful to other people, he should either be stopped (won't help much), or punished and educated in jail.
Old 03-01-09 | 01:03 PM
BKE420
Lead Lap

Damn Jokie...sorry to hear/see that BS. Very nice job on the clean up. I too have been keyed a couple of times(also have a black GS)...but not as deep. Thanks for posting on how to repair the key scratches. Always have liked your ride man.

Remember....karma is powerful. what goes around comes around.
Old 03-01-09 | 06:06 PM
WDoherty
Pole Position

I got my car keyed this weekend in reseda (i just got my body work and paint completed 2 months ago on my sc!) How did you fix this, please details!
Old 03-01-09 | 06:22 PM
AngeLexus
Driver School Candidate

Wow amazing fix..
People like this deserve much more punishment.
A week ago someone did a nice lightning bolt on my door panel, ive been riding around like this since then.
Please details!!!
Old 03-01-09 | 06:25 PM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

wow man i would faint if i seen that on my car lol. how did you get such deep scratches out by buffing ?? i was looking close to the picture and it looks like you left swirl marks on the door, but hey swirls are better than those scratches .good job
Old 03-01-09 | 08:05 PM
dangy
Lexus Champion

I need to take autobody class. Sorry about your car but you did an AWESOME job fixing it.
Old 03-02-09 | 07:46 AM
MelYW
Pole Position

Wow looks like you did a great job...I had a deep 3 -4 inch scratch from the dealer when they wiped it down before returning it to me.

Body shop wet sanded it out but you can still see a very slight indentation where some of the scratch was (very hard to see but remains visible at the right angle). When asked about this, they said the door would have to be completely repainted in order to remove it....I left it.

Question 1: Did you notice the same indentations?

Question 2: Any worry about the thinner layer of clear coat that is left? Is there any risk that the effects of normal wear and tear will appear faster in this area?

Last edited by MelYW; 03-02-09 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-02-09 | 01:46 PM
3m ta3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MelYW
Wow looks like you did a great job...I had a deep 3 -4 inch scratch from the dealer when they wiped it down before returning it to me.

Body shop wet sanded it out but you can still see a very slight indentation where some of the scratch was (very hard to see but remains visible at the right angle). When asked about this, they said the door would have to be completely repainted in order to remove it....I left it.

Question 1: Did you notice the same indentations?

Question 2: Any worry about the thinner layer of clear coat that is left? Is there any risk that the effects of normal wear and tear will appear faster in this area?
Yes on both,I just got a quote on repair for that door and I had door ding on the drivers side(been there for awhile) $300 for repaint.Not bad, so this wed I drop it off for repair.
Old 03-02-09 | 01:56 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Damn thanks for the DIY info. I'm going to try to polish out the sisters G35. She got keyed everywhere. *********** haters, I hope this will never happen to me and anybody else. Sucks, cause we all baby our babies and stupid s**** like this happens and it hurts!!!
Old 03-02-09 | 01:58 PM
teemunz
Driver

Man that sucks Chris...same thing (not as bad) happened to my ride last year, by our Muvico. Eff the haters, good job on the replenishing though...ride still looks great.
Old 03-02-09 | 06:52 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

That is really too bad, but I am glad that your car is ok now and you did a very good job trying to repair it and it looks just like new in the picture.......

Quick Reply: My baby was keyed!