GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

VaisTech and Prestigous Society

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-09, 08:29 AM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone in Dallas do this kind of work?
Old 03-15-09, 03:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by arnieosp
I want one of those Navi overrides. How do I get on a group buy and how much was it at the group buy price?
i don't know of any group buy on the override kit. PS is no longer a vendor here anyway.
Old 03-16-09, 12:21 PM
BoingR6
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
no problem, always try to help. i am actually pretty amazed how well the two systems work together. i always think it's a bummer that all these ipod kits (toyota or vaistech) allow you to use ipod but you still can't access the menus. the override kit completely solves the problem

the video ipod vaistech unit is even "cooler" i think. i just did an install couple weeks ago, playing the video ipod on screen is pretty damn nice, and the override kit allows you to play when driving, plain awesome

hehe, kind of make me wish i got the sl2vi instead of sl2i-up

So I made the plunge and bought a whole mess of things. Bought the vaistech, and PS kit, should get it by Thursday. I plan on installing this on Sat.
Romin, when you installed both of these, did you do one first over the other? For instance Vaistech first, run the whole setup, made sure the Ipod worked and then moved onto the PS kit? Does it matter which order, or I can just start plugging away back there from both kits, and then just run the setup before I put the Nav unit back into place?

Not sure but, wasn't there a link from someone with photos of the Vaistech install? I've searched through the pages of the DIY link and couldn't find it, but I swear I've seen it before somewhere.

Thanks in advance again Romin.
Old 03-16-09, 12:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

overall it's a good idea to install one after another so in case you see problems it's easier to debug. it doesn't really matter which one you install first, they are accessing different part of the head unit anyway.

for me though, since i have done quite a few and kind of understand what's going on, i just do both together in one shot.
Old 03-16-09, 12:36 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by arnieosp
I want one of those Navi overrides. How do I get on a group buy and how much was it at the group buy price?
theres no gp for them, just contact chung over at PS. thats who i talked to and he was very helpful and got my kit to me very quick. i paid 315 after shipping for mine.
Old 03-20-09, 06:02 PM
farkas
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

overall it's a good idea to install one after another so in case you see problems it's easier to debug. it doesn't really matter which one you install first, they are accessing different part of the head unit anyway.

for me though, since i have done quite a few and kind of understand what's going on, i just do both together in one shot.
I bought both units also and just installed them on Monday. It was my first install and I did it all by myself. I did both of them together as they really are in two sections of the unit and had NO PROBLEMS!!!!! They are awesome! I really like the Nav feature that agrees to the agree screen. It is nice that you don't have to touch anything and it goes directly into the NAV. Also I love using the IPOD for my music source....May never listen to the radio again! By the way on the write ups on the forum. You guys have made a wonderful resource available to us all! With the instructions provided and the write ups , piece of cake!

Last edited by farkas; 04-22-09 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-20-09, 06:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

congrats!!!!! now you can really make good use of the system
Old 03-24-09, 06:36 AM
x-tian-350
Rookie

i don't know of any group buy on the override kit. PS is no longer a vendor here anyway.
No group buy for the override kit, but Chung will over a discount. There is a group buy for the Vaistech kit tho so hurry and get that discount.
Old 04-22-09, 01:41 PM
of_hail
Driver School Candidate

Hi there, sorry for the stupid question. How will this interact with the ML sound system? Would it affect the quality of the audio?
Old 04-22-09, 01:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

welcome to clublexus.

it doesn't affect the audio quality at all. it just manipulate the speed and parking brake signals to allow you to access all the nav menus and watch movies when driving
Old 04-22-09, 03:03 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by x-tian-350
No group buy for the override kit, but Chung will over a discount. There is a group buy for the Vaistech kit tho so hurry and get that discount.

No more discounts from Chung either, I just checked. It's $349 w/shipping, just like they advertise on their website.

What it a good location for the switch? Anybody has any pictures?
Old 04-22-09, 03:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

for me i put it right at the bottom of the radio unit, on the right (passenger side) of the ashtray, against the leather panel.

here another example

Old 04-22-09, 05:40 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Is this the same thing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123
Old 04-22-09, 06:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

could be. i know there are a lot of different models (even with the same model number) so god knows which one works which one doesn't. i know of someone who got it from ebay and ok but also know of 2 people who got it from ebay and didn't work
Old 04-23-09, 03:01 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

for me i put it right at the bottom of the radio unit, on the right (passenger side) of the ashtray, against the leather panel.

here another example

thats pretty much where mine is except mine is the driver side. im debating on moving mine though under that panel closer to the floor. with the carpet being black and that leather panel being black it will be easier to hide.

Quick Reply: VaisTech and Prestigous Society