GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

VaisTech and Prestigous Society

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-09, 06:31 PM
x-tian-350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VaisTech and Prestigous Society

Hey guys,

I took the plunge and purchased the Vaistech SL2Vi and Prestigous Society bypass both of which I got on group buy prices... Anyways, finally had it installed today and it works great. Everything is intergrated and the sound is great!

Only one complaint that I have and maybe I am doing something wrong. While in motion, I cannot access the iphone music files. I only can access the folders. I can access the files if i flip the switch to bypass. Am I doing something wrong?

Everything else is pretty pimp....

Christian
Old 03-12-09, 07:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

you need to override the nav in order to gain full access to all ipod menus. thanks to lexus safety gray out
Old 03-13-09, 05:58 AM
BoingR6
Driver School Candidate

Hey Xtian,

Did you do the install yourself? How was that? How long did it take?

So if you are driving, and you want to access the Ipod/Iphone folders, playlists, albums, artists, etc... its grayed out if everything is left in OEM mode, but if you hit the "NAVI" button on the Prestigious unit, it will override and allow you to access the above items, all while driving? And doesn't matter what speed right? Just want to make sure, since I am about to make the plunge on both units as well.

Thanks
Old 03-13-09, 06:03 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

the parts are easy to install. i dont have the VT kit but i do have the PS kit. took all of maybe an hour since it was my first time doing it and i was taking my time.
Old 03-13-09, 08:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

boing, correct, with the kit you can access menus all the time, no time or speed limit. i actually asked chung of PS quite in dept about this before i got my vaistech to confirm everything. there are a few corner cases but i think the two units work very well together. you can always email chung at PS for more info
Old 03-13-09, 08:39 AM
BoingR6
Driver School Candidate

Hey rominl,

I know I know, I did contact Chung, and he was more than helpful with my retarded questions. I just saw this post and its exactly what I'd be doing in the next week so wanted some reassurance. Its that OCD kicking in.
But all your info has been plenty for me to make my purchase decision.

Thanks for everything
Old 03-13-09, 10:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

no problem, always try to help. i am actually pretty amazed how well the two systems work together. i always think it's a bummer that all these ipod kits (toyota or vaistech) allow you to use ipod but you still can't access the menus. the override kit completely solves the problem

the video ipod vaistech unit is even "cooler" i think. i just did an install couple weeks ago, playing the video ipod on screen is pretty damn nice, and the override kit allows you to play when driving, plain awesome

hehe, kind of make me wish i got the sl2vi instead of sl2i-up
Old 03-13-09, 10:47 AM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing beats the VML quite honestly... yes, it lacks the Video capability, but is far superior in terms of source flexibility and SQ. And, you can use external hard drives for sources which increase your capacity well beyond the capability of an IPOD, so you can use uncompressed or lightly compressed audio files for better quality! I love this unit.
Old 03-13-09, 12:36 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

I'm behind on this stuff. I like what I'm reading. What do I need to buy and what are the install options? I don't mind doing it myself. Ideally, I'd like to hook up set of headrest monitors and play videos thru my ipod for the kids. How can I do this?
Old 03-13-09, 05:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

headrest monitors have nothing to do with this setup, this setup adds sources into the system, you want to brand out video from stock system to more monitors this won't help you

basically two kits, one is the ipod integration, and then the nav override kit
Old 03-13-09, 06:45 PM
x-tian-350
Rookie

Originally Posted by BoingR6
Hey Xtian,

Did you do the install yourself? How was that? How long did it take?

So if you are driving, and you want to access the Ipod/Iphone folders, playlists, albums, artists, etc... its grayed out if everything is left in OEM mode, but if you hit the "NAVI" button on the Prestigious unit, it will override and allow you to access the above items, all while driving? And doesn't matter what speed right? Just want to make sure, since I am about to make the plunge on both units as well.

Thanks
Boing,

I did not install the units myself. I had a place install it for me. Cost 125 but well worth it. It took them about 2 hours to do.

Yes if i hit the navi button i can access all the files in the folders while driving. It doesn't matter at what speed.

Make the plunge... Its great! I got group buys on both... so I saved about 100 dollars total....
Old 03-13-09, 06:47 PM
x-tian-350
Rookie

Originally Posted by nardeezy
I'm behind on this stuff. I like what I'm reading. What do I need to buy and what are the install options? I don't mind doing it myself. Ideally, I'd like to hook up set of headrest monitors and play videos thru my ipod for the kids. How can I do this?
You need to purchase the Prestigous society nav override kit and you will need the Vaistech SL2Vi which is the ipod intergrator kit with video.... Thats what I have... i am able to watch my ipod video while driving..its pretty neat!
Old 03-14-09, 11:17 AM
deaddog
Driver School Candidate

Great info. Has anybody done the PS bypass kit + the Vais VLM/MultimediaLinq? Does it work the same as is reported for PS + Vais Ipod?
Also, if you leave the PS in bypass, does that mean the GPS coordinates are NOT working and if you pull up your Navi map it will show your location as the point when you turned on the PS bypass? If true, how long does it take for map to "correcd" the location after turning off PS bypass?
Thanks
Old 03-14-09, 11:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

it should be the same. all vaistech units are pretty similar, they just access the same ports behind the nav. and yeah, if you leave it in bypass, it stays there all the time. that's why you need to turn it off when you want it to recalibrate itself. it depends on the satellite signal, for me usually 10-15 seconds, but this one time it took me about 40 seconds
Old 03-14-09, 02:02 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by x-tian-350

Make the plunge... Its great! I got group buys on both... so I saved about 100 dollars total....
I want one of those Navi overrides. How do I get on a group buy and how much was it at the group buy price?

Quick Reply: VaisTech and Prestigous Society