GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Cashmere interior owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-09, 05:39 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Those look at the mats we use for our office chairs
Old 03-27-09, 09:03 AM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by memasterac
...I have Weather Tech semi-clear mat, it's quite a nice combo with the black interior.
it is? what the...????!??!?!

that is not the look that i want in my car! i dont really get it? if you have black interior, didnt your 3GS come with black floor mats? you can barely see any dirt compared to the ash or cashmere mats. those things get dirty like crazy and are the thorn in the sides of nearly all cashmere/ash interior owners who care about their cars! matching black floor mats is one of the biggest advantages of black interior IMHO!
Old 03-27-09, 09:48 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

I guess I just dont undertand some people. Why would you need a mat protecting a mat that is suppose to protect the carpet. When does it stop, how many layer of protection is enough? Just say no
Old 03-27-09, 04:30 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL I told you you don't get it. It's like my wife does not understand why I modify cars.

I agree to some extend it looks like the office chair mat. I like it because they are easy to clean with a wet towel It looks neat (at least to my eyes) with the black interior because you can kinda see through. Other people like the rubber mats for the purpose and look (jtrue28). Don't you think there are must good reasons to keep the manufacture producing these mats? It's beyond how many layers of protection is enough.
Old 03-28-09, 06:26 PM
maxtcee
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=The G Man;4370120]The light gray is just as bad as the beige, black interior is a must for me since I have kids.[ i so wanted the cashmere int with the red ext looks banging but same here kids all over plus the ash from the blunts its a nono
Old 03-29-09, 05:57 PM
GS2006
Lead Lap

I saw this thread and busted out laughing. My wife has two sets of Lexus cloth mats one set that is brand new in the trunk.

Installed in the car, she has the all weather mats. Not so bad, but look what she is protecting them with.

I have cashmere on my 430 and put a close matching Rubbermaid floor mat over the cloth mats. Matches pretty close and works great for me.
Old 03-30-09, 05:58 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

LOL, you guys are too much man. I give up
Old 03-30-09, 03:12 PM
maxtcee
Driver

for that you might as well get a hefty bag lol
Old 03-31-09, 07:43 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

I have black interior in my GS, but in my IS300 I had the cashmere. I would use the rubber in the winter-spring months because of the snow and rain, but the summer and fall I would use my cashmere mats. I would spray them with fabric protector and shampoo them every soo often. I did end up replacing them once.

I much prefer to have the matching mats. It only costs a little over $100 to replace them. Live life and stop worrying about protecting the protectors to protect the mats.

Does it make you feel good to know that the OEM Mats are clean underneath it all, even though you never see it?
Old 03-31-09, 08:20 AM
MORE4MY 4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I have a 06 gs 430 red with the cashmere int and I have the oem mats down, plus I went to lexus and got the all weather rubber mats which it match the dash board , and then I went out and got a box of 500 paper mats , the ones you get from the detail shop that say thank you on it ,and everytime I wash the car I put new ones down . Plus I put down a set of rags in the front where your left foot rest while you are driving so the rag would get dirty and not the carpet part . Got too keep it clean at all times the cashmere is hard work but cant beat the look when its clean
Old 03-31-09, 12:51 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

OMG, now I have heard it all, paper floor mats lol.
Old 03-31-09, 08:56 PM
can'tdrv55
Driver School Candidate

Maybe, Lexus should have hard wood floor as an option.
Old 04-01-09, 05:18 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe a floor like the Honda Element where you can just take a hose to it and give it a fast wash
Old 04-01-09, 07:38 AM
jer08
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CVGolfer
I bought a set of black carpet OEM (Lexus doesn't make a dark brown for the 3GS) mats and use them all year long. They hide the dirt just fine. My cashmere mats have been out of the car and stored away since the car was new.
This is not intended to insult you but ,years ago my father told me that they used to put seat covers on new cars to protect the seats! But he went on to say that you never get to enjoy the fine material of your seats and only the next owner has that luxury! So now I do the best I can keeping them clean so when the new owner buys my USED car that is what he is getting!
Old 04-01-09, 07:40 AM
skidmike
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by The G Man
Maybe a floor like the Honda Element where you can just take a hose to it and give it a fast wash
Ha ha! I used to drive a Mazda B1600 that had the vinyl floor in it - meant for work, easy to hose out. That truck took a heck of a beating before it died.

On the other extreme, in the first new car I owned, I used to lay down a towel over the carpet floormat. I'd remove the towel, shake it out and wash it every week. I've since come to realize that despite the fact that I love a spotless car, it's just a car and it's going to get dirty eventually. I just clean everything up once in a while and don't sweat the inevitable dirty spots on the floormats. Heck, they usually scrub out with soap and water.

-- mike

Quick Reply: Cashmere interior owners