GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

gs460 vs m45

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-09, 05:26 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Although Lexus and Infinity try to control how their dealers treat their customers and the quality of customer service, ultimately, the level of customer service depends on the ownership, what the competition is doing and how much profit they ‘re making. Generally, Lexus dealers are better than Infinity.
Old 04-16-09, 10:20 AM
Weezy$Baby
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

come on man wut kind of question is that

toyota> nissan

lexus> infiniti
Old 04-16-09, 12:05 PM
jane12
Driver School Candidate

What the fruit!
Old 04-20-09, 07:50 PM
tommyd3
Rookie

Leeladisky:

I am on the east coast of Florida near the middle of the state. The next closest dealership for Lexus or Infiniti is a 1.5 hour drive (almost 100 miles). I suspect if you have 4 dealers all right near each other (probably LA) then they will provide exceptional service because of the stiff competition.

Does your dealer still have valet's (the guys who take the car to be washed for you)? My dealer got rid of them about 6 months ago because of the economy. Now, in addition to everything else, the service advisors have to drive the car across the street and walk back if a customer comes in for just a wash. They still do the washes, but they take at least a half hour. When you add in the 20 minute drive each way plus the exercise you get if you do it yourself, it is easier and better to just do it yourself !!!!
Old 04-20-09, 10:59 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Seems the newer cars are better built, especially the 09+ from my understanding.

pffttt.

that's what we said in April 2007 when the 07's were being sold

look what happened to the 07's after 1.5 years.

same rickity frame >>> same rickity rattles.

dashboard rattles seem to only plague lexus, infiniti, and acura, but not merc or bmw as much. I wonder why...... the unanswerable question......
Old 04-21-09, 08:53 AM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tommyd3
Leeladisky:

I am on the east coast of Florida near the middle of the state. The next closest dealership for Lexus or Infiniti is a 1.5 hour drive (almost 100 miles). I suspect if you have 4 dealers all right near each other (probably LA) then they will provide exceptional service because of the stiff competition.

Does your dealer still have valet's (the guys who take the car to be washed for you)? My dealer got rid of them about 6 months ago because of the economy. Now, in addition to everything else, the service advisors have to drive the car across the street and walk back if a customer comes in for just a wash. They still do the washes, but they take at least a half hour. When you add in the 20 minute drive each way plus the exercise you get if you do it yourself, it is easier and better to just do it yourself !!!!
LOL - my dealer does still have a valet. However, they apparently now charge $10 for a rental car fee (not per day, just per service). The competition does have an impact, I'm sure... but I would seriously consider calling Lexus Corporate about your bad service experiences, and/or the service manager at your dealer. The ratings dealers get from surveys are VERY important to them as it relates to vehicle allocations, bonuses from Lexus, etc.... so if you're experience is poor, you are probably not the only one.

Lee
Old 04-21-09, 10:59 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dunnojack
dashboard rattles seem to only plague lexus, infiniti, and acura, but not merc or bmw as much. I wonder why...... the unanswerable question......
There are less rattle and squeaks on BMW, Audi and MB because their unibody is a lot more rigid and the interior is better design, rattle wise.
Old 04-21-09, 11:01 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
There are less rattle and squeaks on BMW, Audi and MB because their unibody is a lot more rigid and the interior is better design, rattle wise.
can't speak for audi but we've owned enough BMW to know that is just simply not true........

we've had 4 lexus and GS is unfortunately the ONLY one plagued with rattles
Old 04-21-09, 11:09 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

I had rattles in my old BMW too, but only after the car was 2 years old and it wasnt as wide spread of a problem as the GS. The IS also have rattle problems and some isolated rattles problems are also found in the ES and the RS too.
Old 04-21-09, 11:13 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just personally think that it's because Lexus interior is so damn quiet that it makes the rattles worse than it seems..

with bmw, with the loud exhaust tone and noisy tires, I have to really pay attention to notice anything
Old 04-21-09, 11:20 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by whlkev
I just personally think that it's because Lexus interior is so damn quiet that it makes the rattles worse than it seems..

with bmw, with the loud exhaust tone and noisy tires, I have to really pay attention to notice anything
Come on whlkev, you are starting to sound like my Lexus dealer lol. My old GX and the LS was quiet too and I had zero rattles in those 2 cars. My current A6 is just as quiet as the GS.