GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

vibrations AGAIN once and for all.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-09, 05:46 PM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default vibrations AGAIN once and for all.

so i finally changed my tires and was still with the vibration issue, i then went on and did a chrome exchange on my stocks. i got brand new stock chrome wheels put the tires on and still feeling the vibrations. i have no clue on where to go on from here. i been thru A - Z. i am gonna take a visit to the dealership and talk to one of my friends there and ask him to please put in his word to the tech and have my car checked underneath completly. there has to be something there that is causing this vibration. lets see how it goes.............
Old 04-11-09, 06:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am amazed that the swap out of the stock wheels didnt get rid of the issue. I would have the service techs drive the car and see if it may be an issue with a bearing or even the awd system. I am really surprised that it is still vibrating. If the car is in stock form then I would drop te issue on Lexus and make them figure it out
Old 04-11-09, 06:10 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

You might have to put the stock springs back on , otherwise the L techs might start with usual bs that its your springs blah blah.....
Old 04-11-09, 06:16 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

enough with your vibrations.....
Old 04-11-09, 06:37 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts

do you have vibrations now with stock wheels and stock suspension or is your car still lowered, but on stock wheels?
Old 04-11-09, 06:47 PM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

the tech told me that it was my springs so i put the stock springs back on the vibrations were hard to notice but still there at certain points and i proved it to him. i dropped the car back down and thought it was the tires or the rims so i changed that as well. i am on stock wheels and dropped. i think one of my rear right bearings is hovering, could that be the cause of the vibration ? lexus tech said a bad bearing would make noise not a vibration ?
Old 04-11-09, 07:28 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

how about you merge all your vibration threads into one.........

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ibrations.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...vibration.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...vibations.html

i have a feeling this isn't gonna be the last once and for all

weren't you the one who banged your wheels against a curb? <--- that is the variable that is not in anyone else's car

Last edited by dunnojack; 04-11-09 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-11-09, 07:40 PM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

yeah i did mention that a hit a curb and there are also a few people here driving the 3gs that hit a curb and have vibrations. what can it possibly be after changing the bearing and the axle?
Old 04-11-09, 09:40 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gs350on22s
yeah i did mention that a hit a curb and there are also a few people here driving the 3gs that hit a curb and have vibrations. what can it possibly be after changing the bearing and the axle?
after you hit the curb, did you do a 4 wheel alignment?
Old 04-11-09, 10:44 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you hit the GS in a curb at 5-10 mph or less or more the entire car is done with. It will vibrate no matter what. I have a small one in my steering on highways even after trying 4 different sets of tires and changing 3 rims and getting the steering rack replacement under the recall! This car is not very good and is not what a Lexus should be. I am glad to rid of this car in 3 months even though I still love it and the vibration is unnoticeable now since the steering rack replacement recall service I did 4 months ago. But overall, I am done with LEXUS since hitting that curb at 10 mph in OCT of 2007. My german cars are light years ahead of the Lexus in terms of durability and reliability and handling. Lexus is going downhill.

Last edited by Rexus300; 04-12-09 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-11-09, 10:59 PM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
GUYS!
My german cars are light years ahead of the Lexus in terms of durability and reliability and handling. Lexus is going downhill.
Sorry, but...you cant really be serious about reliability.
Old 04-12-09, 12:32 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GUYS!
THis car is really made quite cheap. If you hit the curb at 5-10 mph or less or more the entire car is done with. It will vibrate no matter what. I have a small one in my steering on highways even after trying 4 different sets of tires and changing 3 rims and getting the steering rack replacement under the recall! This car is not very good and is not what a Lexus should be. I am glad to rid of this car in 3 months even though I still love it and the vibration is unnoticeable now since the steering rack replacement recall service I did 4 months ago. But overall, I am done with LEXUS since hitting that curb at 10 mph in OCT of 2007. My german cars are light years ahead of the Lexus in terms of durability and reliability and handling. Lexus is going downhill.

Rexus300, I've got a favor to ask.

I'm considering a German car next. But I have to see its durability.

Can you run your Audi A8 into a curb..... and tell me if it vibrates?
Old 04-12-09, 08:02 AM
tsavo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GUYS!
THis car is really made quite cheap. If you hit the curb at 5-10 mph or less or more the entire car is done with. It will vibrate no matter what.
Your post makes no sense. If something is damaged, it can be fixed.

You act as if the car has a intangible soul that if damaged, is unrepairable. Don't waste people's time posting nonsense like this, please.

Also, it sounds like you and the OP have blown way too much money on this issue. I hope you didn't buy 3 brand new sets of wheels just because of this problem.
Old 04-12-09, 08:50 AM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

it can be fixed no matter what, its all about pin pointing the problem. if i hit the curb what else can be damaged besides the wheels that i changed the axle and the hub bearing so that i can tell the dealer.
Old 04-12-09, 10:45 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry guys, I didn;t mean to make you mad. I love Lexus and I have had them since 1989 but none of them had this problem. Yes I understand that small problem like this can be fixed, but you don;t realize how much time I had to ask 3 lexus dealerships to look into the problem and none of them can help much. Its minor problem and I careless now. 3 Rims were slightly out of round as mentioned by 2 dealerships from bad roads in michigan. My Audi A8L is a great car and it has hit a curb by my wife in a parking lot in the front and it has 19 inch rims and it has suffered some big potholes with no problem. I am just saying that as GS350 22 is saying, its a common thing with the GS to have some vibration. Btw, I can attest to the reliability of my german cars. Me and my wife do 25-30,000 miles a year with our 2006 A8L with 80 thousand miles and our 2006 ML with 50,000 miles with no problem. The A8L is almost 4 years old and its fantastic.

Quick Reply: vibrations AGAIN once and for all.