GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

3 Car Seats in the back???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-09 | 06:29 AM
beercity
Rookie

Default 3 Car Seats in the back???

OKay... shot in the dark here.

Anyone able to get 3 car seats across the back of the GS350?

Just found out my wife and I are having twins... So we'll have 2 infant car seats and 1 toddler car seat. The toddler can face forward(2.5yr old, 37", 30#).... he's in a Britax Marathon... but I'm willing to buy all new car seats, vs. selling the Lex. or buying/leasing a new ride.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 04-13-09 | 07:57 AM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

congrats on the twins... I am not sure you can do that but anythings possible... I am still confused tho, you want 3 seats to fit in the back ? For example, you want 3 passenger seats to fit in the back ?
Old 04-13-09 | 08:03 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Not too many cars can fit 3 car seat in the back row, when I had 2 car seat in my GS, it didnt seem like I can fit another one in the middle.
Old 04-13-09 | 09:32 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Currently have my one kid (4yr) in booster while her brother (1yr) in Britax facing back, although I will have to reverse his seat facing forward soon. One possibility if you switch your 2.5yr to a booster seat and place it in the middle and have two Britax seats facing backward, maybe it will fit somehow, but your kid in the middle will not be able to get in. Keep in mind, newborns will be in a bucket for a little while so you will have to install 2 bases and those buckets have a wide handle. I don't think you have any way of fitting 3 kids including 2 newborns in the back. Congrats on a new addition to the family!!! but sorry, 3GS is not really a 3-kid family car...
Old 04-13-09 | 10:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

3?? wow, not sure if it's possible. i have seen my friends (2 cases) with 2 car seats in the back (both sides) and the middle spot is probably just enough for a bag
Old 04-13-09 | 10:41 AM
thomastan
Lead Lap

congrats on the twins...lots of twins going on these days !!!
Old 04-13-09 | 11:21 AM
beercity
Rookie

Thank you all for the replies.

Yes, 3 across in the back. I've seen other cars accomodate it.... Figure the newborns on the outsides and the 2.5 year old in the middle. But I just didn't know if anyone had seen or done this in the 3GS.

I'm feeling like it's not going to be able to work. Which is sad, b/c that means I may (MAY) have to sell.... or lease a vehicle that would work for 3 years... by then the oldest at least be in a small booster.

Thanks again.

-j
Old 04-13-09 | 12:12 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Congrats!!! I don't have experience but I don't think it's possible with all 3 car seats...

You could get a new vehicle for your wife???

Might more make sense financially than taking the hit on the 08 3GS...
Old 04-13-09 | 02:01 PM
arnieosp
Racer

You know, Lexus has an RX350 for that purpose
Old 04-13-09 | 03:54 PM
MI350_55
Pole Position

Congrats on the twins!

Now the bad news... you won't be able to fit 3 child seats in the back of the GS. I have a 21month old son in a Recaro young sport positioned in the middle and I test fitted his old Graco snugride one time and it didn't fit. Two seats is all you'll get in this car. You'll need to upgrade into a 7 or 8 passenger SUV or a minivan to carry the family.
Old 04-13-09 | 10:13 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by beercity
OKay... shot in the dark here.

Anyone able to get 3 car seats across the back of the GS350?

Just found out my wife and I are having twins... So we'll have 2 infant car seats and 1 toddler car seat. The toddler can face forward(2.5yr old, 37", 30#).... he's in a Britax Marathon... but I'm willing to buy all new car seats, vs. selling the Lex. or buying/leasing a new ride.

Any help is appreciated.
Sacrifices we make for our kids... no can do, can't fit 3 car seat in my LS, no way it's going to fit into your GS... I wonder if you can fit 3 car seats in RX?
Old 04-13-09 | 10:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
Sacrifices we make for our kids... no can do, can't fit 3 car seat in my LS, no way it's going to fit into your GS... I wonder if you can fit 3 car seats in RX?
i highly double that too
Old 04-14-09 | 07:03 AM
beercity
Rookie

Thank you all for the advice. Sounds like experience talking and the answer is no, it can't be done. I was looking at it last night and with the hump in the middle and the location of the latches... it's not gonna happen.

Some tough decisions ahead. Wife has already said no to the Minivan... Gotta love that. She doesn't like the RX... even though I do. Perhaps she'll let me keep the GS and lease out an RX or something to fit the young ones. We'll see. Kids are not due until October, so some time to think it through.

Again, Thank you for the info and advice.

-j
Old 04-14-09 | 09:25 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by beercity
Thank you all for the advice. Sounds like experience talking and the answer is no, it can't be done. I was looking at it last night and with the hump in the middle and the location of the latches... it's not gonna happen.

Some tough decisions ahead. Wife has already said no to the Minivan... Gotta love that. She doesn't like the RX... even though I do. Perhaps she'll let me keep the GS and lease out an RX or something to fit the young ones. We'll see. Kids are not due until October, so some time to think it through.

Again, Thank you for the info and advice.

-j

trust me, a minivan is extremely convenient, ESPECIALLY if you have 3 kids!! it's either that or a station wagon (eew!).
Old 04-14-09 | 09:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Stormforge
trust me, a minivan is extremely convenient, ESPECIALLY if you have 3 kids!! it's either that or a station wagon (eew!).
minivan is very convenient, but sometimes it just won't happen for some people. like my friend, no minivan no matter what. and my wife also refuse to consider minivan, hehe...

beercity, how about the q7?

Quick Reply: 3 Car Seats in the back???