GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

So I contacted Ingalls Engineering regarding camber kits for our 3rd gen GS...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-09, 01:48 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default So I contacted Ingalls Engineering regarding camber kits for our 3rd gen GS...

and this was what they said when I asked how many people would need to order before they would consider making a kit for us:

At this time we do not have plans to make a kit for your car.

Minimum qty for designing and manufacturing kits depends on the design, but usually requires min of 500.

Old 04-14-09, 02:58 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

i need a kit... eating tires left and right...
Old 04-14-09, 03:12 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by NAZTY97
i need a kit... eating tires left and right...

you and i both need a camber kit...if you can convince 498 GS owners that they need a kit too, we can submit 500 names to Ingalls that it would be worth taking a second look at making a kit for us.

on a side note, i have contacted SPC (specialty products company), and here is their reply:

Thank you for being such loyal customer. Unfortunately, at this time we don't have anything for your car. There are no plans for anything in the near future. I will forward your request to our Engineering Dept so they are aware of your need. We do not make up custom orders so it would not matter how many kits you needed. We simply have not engineered anything for this type of vehicle.

^ i had spc camber kit on my old ride, hence their first comment about loyalty.

It truly sucks big time that cars like the GS don't have camber kits.

what is truly ironic is that the ES350, RX350, RX400h and SC430 have camber kits available (from Ingalls). SC430 i can understand...but ES350 and the RX? i didn't think there are a lot of lowered ES and RX?
Old 04-14-09, 03:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

so now you know how many people it takes to make this a reasonable business for them. i really don't see that happening for another year or two. if the GS and IS can share camber kits then maybe you open up a bigger market, but bottom line fact is there aren't just that many people modding the 3gs to warrant all these.

even for 2gs, the car came out in 1998, and i don't think i started to see a lot of talk on camber kits until maybe 2004/5?

now why would they have camber kits for those cars? i don't know.
Old 04-14-09, 04:12 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by rominl
so now you know how many people it takes to make this a reasonable business for them. i really don't see that happening for another year or two. if the GS and IS can share camber kits then maybe you open up a bigger market, but bottom line fact is there aren't just that many people modding the 3gs to warrant all these.

even for 2gs, the car came out in 1998, and i don't think i started to see a lot of talk on camber kits until maybe 2004/5?

now why would they have camber kits for those cars? i don't know.
true enough! if everyone who lowered their GS sent an email requesting a kit, at least they would have some statistical information on hand. they may not build the kit right away due to few numbers, but if we send request in, they may see a potential market in the near future. right now it's now even on the radar.
Old 04-14-09, 05:13 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Did not lextronics bought a camber kit from somewhere already ? I think he even installed it already
Old 04-14-09, 05:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Did not lextronics bought a camber kit from somewhere already ? I think he even installed it already
i recall him saying something from japan? i can't remember exactly, but i havent' seen anything solid
Old 04-14-09, 05:58 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

i recall him saying something from japan? i can't remember exactly, but i havent' seen anything solid
Yep, I think this is the kit he has, https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...t-for-3gs.html

If you guys going to order it, let me know. I might get one too. If this will indeed help with tire wear issue.....
Old 04-14-09, 06:39 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I had the funds, I would have the bigger/main companies building build the kits and set up a new company that sells specific. For example, lets say 500 sets @ 100 each cost and then retail them back for more...
Old 04-14-09, 09:17 PM
spine911
Lead Lap

How about Circuitmotorsports? Isn't it that these guys are working on a AWD coilover prototype-how about a camber kit?
Old 04-14-09, 09:34 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spine911
How about Circuitmotorsports? Isn't it that these guys are working on a AWD coilover prototype-how about a camber kit?
They'd probably need someone to send them a sample kit first, I dont think they can build one from scratch...
Old 04-14-09, 10:15 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

The lexus service tech said that my alignment was still within specifications even dropped. I bought a set of camcer and toe arms and adjustable front upper control arms for my infiniti and it was a huge waste of money. The car still ate the tires. usually these kits are made to be able to add more camber for the track. ( at least its like that for the G35)
Old 04-14-09, 10:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The lexus service tech said that my alignment was still within specifications even dropped.
with your drop it is completely impossible that your alignment is within spec, especially when you say your tein cs is dropped all the way.
Old 04-14-09, 10:36 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

with your drop it is completely impossible that your alignment is within spec, especially when you say your tein cs is dropped all the way.
+1. i had my alignment done this past weekend, and the speed shop told me that my camber was off (and i'm only dropped on tanabe nf210), i can't image how much more camber is out of wack if slammed on coilovers.
Old 04-17-09, 02:43 PM
minnister
Driver

Going back to basic econ 101 -

If there is enough Demand, supply will be produced. Can someone create a group buy event for the camber kits? I'm sure there are more than 500 Lowered Lexus across the nation.

Maybe SuperAutobacs auto store can order 500 pcs and then retail them. =)

Last edited by minnister; 04-17-09 at 03:23 PM. Reason: additional info

Quick Reply: So I contacted Ingalls Engineering regarding camber kits for our 3rd gen GS...