GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Hi gang, picked up a GS 450h, can I be part of the 3GS club???

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-09, 11:27 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
mike, you know you are only allowed to join it here when you send over nice FEMALE strippers my way right? you are just on trial here, it's expiring today so let me know
hmmm, i wonder if i can blackmail henry with this...."hey risa! guess what i found out!" j/k!
Old 04-16-09, 11:43 AM
bozer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love those rims so much I got them on my 350. Car looks great. Enjoy!
Old 04-16-09, 12:07 PM
teemunz
Driver

Congrats...happy modding!!!
Old 04-16-09, 12:42 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club!
Old 04-16-09, 12:56 PM
apok003
Driver

Congrats my friend..and welcome.
Old 04-16-09, 07:15 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome! Looking forward to some mods Mike Dont let us down
Old 04-16-09, 08:01 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

welcome to the crew man. Nice ride. Is it an 07 ??? I remeber when I got my GS I was completely blown away by the ride quality. I remeber telling the sales guy on the test drive that I was going to drop the car because it had ride quality to spare
Old 04-16-09, 08:56 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Ice350
I knew you wanted one when I saw the way you looked at mine. I remember that look from myself. Can wait to see it with some 19 in BBS wheels on it. Congrats.
Regg, your car was IMO PERFECT. I loved it and it was inspirational.

Originally Posted by rogers2
Nice car! I see your making moves during a drought. Hova
Some of us have been waiting for these times.
Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Mike,

As you know by now, I am ridiculously jealous

I am sure you're still enamored with the car and are probably trying to figure out all of the little features and details....but I would like to hear your thoughts on the steering. I absolutely love the design of the 3GS inside and out but the "fake" feel of the steering is a huge problem spot for me. I have driven an '06 GS 300, '07 GS 350, and '07 GS 450h that all had the same dead steering feel on center but overly boosted and almost counter-intuitive in turns.

What are your thoughts and opinions? How do you feel about the steering in relation to your 430?
Mike, I've driven one on the track before and I've had street experience before my purchase. I picked her up last Thursday and haven't totally wrung her out yet as I seem to be more interested in MPG than HP. Here are some thoughts;
1. Wood wheel does not help with communication
2. The car is a techno marvel so I don't expect Porsche communication. The brakes/steering/everything is computer controled. It makes the 2GS seem ancient and the 1GS seem like a fossil.
3. That said there are times where I feel I am plowing way to fast and not in control and there have been some corners where EVERY SINGLE THING feels perfect. It will take me some time to pefect driving her as the 2GS.
4. The brakes are hard to modulate and "feel" but they are big/grabby SOBs.
5. Since its a hybrid the big heavy battery is in the rear and it sound funny but imagine a 4 door 911 for a sec. That is when I REALLY have had some fun as I can swing that rear around with that heavy battery back there. Compared to the 350/430/460 its obvious you can hang the tail out better and there is more traction in the rear.
6. The CVT is nuts in a good way, super responsive and seemingly always where I want it.
7. There is a difference between normal/sport and you can tell the difference. Sport still is not my SPORT. I will be adding every suspension bit possible. Normal is PERFECT for the highway and cruising around.

So in summary this car is not a car you will jump in, drive away and feel like taking corners in twice the speed limit right away. It would take time to learn it and you STILL might not like doing it when you "learn" the car. I knew this car is NOT for that. Now if I can convince the G/F to get an IS-F when the lease on her car is up.,.......

Originally Posted by KayGee

Excellent choice Sick although I'm a little shocked you didn't go back to Cocaine White.
I really didn't want to go back to "Upper Crust Pimp" Mike! This is my first black/black. Its like a transformation from white/black to black/grey to black/black. Like Regg, seeing your car in person was HUGE HUGE in my decision as I think your mods are perfect. Thank you O.G!!! (for those that don't know we both have hung out in 2Gs what 7 years ago and now have 3Gs)

Originally Posted by rominl
mike, you know you are only allowed to join it here when you send over nice FEMALE strippers my way right? you are just on trial here, it's expiring today so let me know

welcome mike!
LMFAO!!!

Originally Posted by Stormforge
congrats! us 450h owners gotta stick together ya know!
Sir, do you know how many pics of your 450h I have saved? Thanks for leading the way!
Old 04-16-09, 08:58 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by passnu2
Awesome! Looking forward to some mods Mike Dont let us down
I'm thinking of throwing some 15s on there, some chrome fender vents and some LED nozzles. To be honest I am going to try my BEST to support the Lexus F-sport line, we need to. They are trying to make items for us and I don't want F-sport to go the way of L-tuned.
Originally Posted by I8ABMR
welcome to the crew man. Nice ride. Is it an 07 ??? I remeber when I got my GS I was completely blown away by the ride quality. I remeber telling the sales guy on the test drive that I was going to drop the car because it had ride quality to spare
Thanks and thanks for some inspiration as well. The ride quality is superb considering it comes with big 245/40/18 tires. It has some Kumho something on it. Will wear those to the ground and hopefully have wheels next go round.

Old 04-16-09, 09:02 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Sir, do you know how many pics of your 450h I have saved? Thanks for leading the way!
gosh, thx for the props! i can't wait to see what you have in store for your 450h!
Old 04-17-09, 04:43 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wish the FSport was out sooner. I have spent a lot of time and $$ on doing some R&D myself to find stuff to work. The outcome will be worth it and a little unique from the rest. I should have pics in ~ 1 mos when its done
Old 04-17-09, 10:34 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

seems like a rare version of the GS in AZ. I barely ever see the 3GS in AZ. If I do its always a 350. The 460 and the 450h are rare rare birds
Old 04-18-09, 01:52 AM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratz on the pick up!
Old 04-18-09, 01:46 PM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

I dream of the 450h, the handling is unreal, the trunk space is tight, but the the car is truly incredible.

Congrats on your ride, it is definitely the car in my sights too!
Old 04-18-09, 02:55 PM
LexFather

Thanks everyone.

At a meet last night. Next to KayGee and his 350..

The other pic is next to Lowbuxrcr IS-F

Quick Reply: Hi gang, picked up a GS 450h, can I be part of the 3GS club???