GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Do you ever get stock GS rubbernecking ????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-09, 09:19 AM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ECUgs430
...i8abmr youd probably get more looks if you got some nice updated wheels......the old chrome look doesnt do it for me anymore especially on a blue 3gs......throw on some more aggressive shoes with a brushed finish or something like that and youll be straight
i agree 100%. but im always the one complaining about chrome, so its no surprise!
Old 04-21-09, 09:30 AM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I meant customers in the service area. They didn't know what I did. Give my service guys a little credit. 07350 frost, your lexus is beautiful as well so I am not surprised that even in a place like CA your car is still given love.
thanks. like i said, its the paint that people love.

yeah, customers at the Lexus dealerships have asked me about my car before. but mostly just give me super strange looks. probly cuz i drive up in a semi-modded GS, get out of the ride and people can see all my tattoos covering myself. being a little younger and tatted, i dont exactly match the "Lexus clientele" that usually roams the dealership grounds.
Old 04-21-09, 10:30 AM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
thanks. like i said, its the paint that people love.

yeah, customers at the Lexus dealerships have asked me about my car before. but mostly just give me super strange looks. probly cuz i drive up in a semi-modded GS, get out of the ride and people can see all my tattoos covering myself. being a little younger and tatted, i dont exactly match the "Lexus clientele" that usually roams the dealership grounds.
yeah, same here with not fitting the lexus clientele, but i love that part of it haha. what may i ask is so special about your paint?
Old 04-21-09, 11:12 AM
Heng350
Lexus Test Driver

i actually never get any attention from the other stock GS's i even make an effort to drive next to them lol ;P mayb my car looks a little like a gang banger's car and most GS owners are older. I get alot of attention from other cars tho.
Old 04-21-09, 12:44 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Most GSs around here are driven by 40-60 year old women...you could be driving a Bentley and they wont know it. Heck you could be floating by in a Jetson car and they wont even notice it....your car sure is perty 8bmr
Old 04-21-09, 01:01 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by beercity
My GS is stock and I rubberneck all other GS'. Mainly b/c I don't see many on the road at all. I like being different.... even if it is stock.
Same here. I've done the same whenever I've seen another GS...its like, wow, someone else also has a GS around here?
Even my service adviser says seeing a GS is pretty rare, so I'm a bit worried when taking it in for recalls and stuff; as they have no clue about the details of the car and how they are supposed to work unless they look it up in a service manual.
When we bought the car, all the people working at the dealership gathered around it when it arrived, that was a pretty good feeling
Old 04-21-09, 02:35 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ivanz
Same here. I've done the same whenever I've seen another GS...its like, wow, someone else also has a GS around here?
Even my service adviser says seeing a GS is pretty rare, so I'm a bit worried when taking it in for recalls and stuff; as they have no clue about the details of the car and how they are supposed to work unless they look it up in a service manual.
When we bought the car, all the people working at the dealership gathered around it when it arrived, that was a pretty good feeling

it will be even more surprising when both our GSs roll into regency lexus or elsewhere!
Old 04-21-09, 02:38 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yup that's right. my car is different but i don't think it's anything special. nice cars are a dime a dozen here in socal. i do get some people asking me about my wheels and brakes, but that's about it. not something i get overly excited about
ah, but cali has more millionaires and billionaires, so you would expect to see tons of nice cars.
Old 04-21-09, 02:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
ah, but cali has more millionaires and billionaires, so you would expect to see tons of nice cars.
yeah definitely a regional thing. i am sure in some cities driving a lexus probably make you look like an alien. but here in socal? nice and exotic cars aren't "rare" at all, and modded cars are going left and right
Old 04-21-09, 02:50 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

in illinois you dont see many GS but all RX ive had people give me thumbs up and ask about the car but i cant say i havent gotten any thumbs down
Old 04-21-09, 02:53 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stormforge
it will be even more surprising when both our GSs roll into regency lexus or elsewhere!
Yeah, imagine if we get a 3rd GS to join the meet? Now that would be quite a sight
Old 04-21-09, 08:18 PM
Bavaria
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

IATEABMR,

I noticed your GS doesn't have the shark fin - did you remove it?
Old 04-21-09, 08:26 PM
lexusgs408
Lead Lap

yup they do stare at times...............
Old 04-21-09, 08:41 PM
LexFather

Old 04-21-09, 09:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Bavaria
IATEABMR,

I noticed your GS doesn't have the shark fin - did you remove it?
he has it

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-new-pics.html

Quick Reply: Do you ever get stock GS rubbernecking ????????