GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Do you ever get stock GS rubbernecking ????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-09, 08:17 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Do you ever get stock GS rubbernecking ????????

I have noticed a lot of other drivers in stock GS350's who will rubberneck when I pass. I even had a guy ahead of me at light give a peace sign when we pulled away. I have also had the service reps at the dealership tell me that they have had several questions as to what exactly I did to the car to make it look the way it does. I was wondering if you guys get love from stock GS drivers.
Attached Thumbnails Do you ever get stock GS rubbernecking ????????-img_0057.jpg  
Old 04-20-09, 08:46 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

i mentioned this here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...last-week.html
Old 04-20-09, 09:26 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
.... I have also had the service reps at the dealership tell me that they have had several questions as to what exactly I did to the car to make it look the way it does.
they couldnt tell the car is lowered with a set of wheels on it?? they should probly get other jobs.

people give me love about my car ALL the time! they wig-out on the paint, the drop and the wheels.

could you imagine if your car was reeeeeally modded?? it'd get old im sure.
Old 04-20-09, 09:36 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
they couldnt tell the car is lowered with a set of wheels on it?? they should probly get other jobs.

people give me love about my car ALL the time! they wig-out on the paint, the drop and the wheels.

there's probably tons of modded GSs where you are; up here where i am, stock GS is rare. you're lucky to see 1 GS a day. so to see a slightly modded GS (even something basic as drop and new shoes) is extremely rare. heck, i'm 95% confident that i'm the only 3GS in my city running with tanabe springs and 20" work wheels. ah, the joys of being exclusive!
Old 04-20-09, 11:07 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 07350FROST

I meant customers in the service area. They didn't know what I did. Give my service guys a little credit. 07350 frost, your lexus is beautiful as well so I am not surprised that even in a place like CA your car is still given love.
Old 04-20-09, 11:08 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

nice pic of your car I8ABMR.. perfect drop, nice and shiny.

i don't have much yet, but i do get looks from fellow 'lexus' drivers from time to time. i have yet to see any modded gs3 around my area. i actually got more compliments when my car was total stock..
Old 04-20-09, 11:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stormforge
there's probably tons of modded GSs where you are; up here where i am, stock GS is rare. you're lucky to see 1 GS a day. so to see a slightly modded GS (even something basic as drop and new shoes) is extremely rare. heck, i'm 95% confident that i'm the only 3GS in my city running with tanabe springs and 20" work wheels. ah, the joys of being exclusive!

I agree. Thats why I a so happy I got my Lexus and not another infiniti. The M is more common in AZ
Old 04-21-09, 12:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
yup that's right. my car is different but i don't think it's anything special. nice cars are a dime a dozen here in socal. i do get some people asking me about my wheels and brakes, but that's about it. not something i get overly excited about
Old 04-21-09, 06:12 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in northern Indiana, there aren't too many GS in general, and my GS is modified so that makes it even more rare. I have people asking about my rims and the car all the time. And people turning their head constantly. Ha
Old 04-21-09, 06:44 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

coming out of the driving range last weekend i had another 3gs driver do a complete head turn while driving to look at my car lol.
Old 04-21-09, 07:57 AM
LexFather

Its rare to see the 3GS in Atlanta (the 2GS not so much anymore) and even more rare to see a modded one. If you do, its always stock with some big chrome wheels.

Thats why I can't wait to mod mine

Funny but my car is stock and its been out for years now and people are always looking at it. People are work think its beautiful.

I was at a shop parked out front and the owner just goes to the window. He is staring at the car. As I walk out he says "that is one good looking car".

When I tell them its a hybrid, they are amazed and I usually show them how it works.

Fun!
Old 04-21-09, 08:26 AM
maying856
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love it, and get it all the time from complete 180 degree stares to random thumb ups on the street. Only a few modded GS's in my area of Vegas, and as far as I know I am the only one that is "fully modded" so that may be the reason why.
Old 04-21-09, 08:49 AM
Budhah
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would say that many would wonder why dad would allow his kid to screw with a car that already has it all?? I bought the car because it is the best ride i've ever had, Even beat out my 78 Towncar. Only change made to mine is a pearl inlaid gearshift **** picked up in my travels in Thailand. For me to change things at this point would be like trying to make my wife wear a string bikini. Some things are for the ride and not for show. However the looks on both are great and with lasting elegance.

Most people don't know the diff between a Lexus and any other car until they see the "L" on her hood. I get thumbs up on mine too. as I did in my MB and Baby Blue Towncar back in the days.

Last edited by Budhah; 04-21-09 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-21-09, 08:52 AM
beercity
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My GS is stock and I rubberneck all other GS'. Mainly b/c I don't see many on the road at all. I like being different.... even if it is stock.
Old 04-21-09, 09:07 AM
ECUgs430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I have noticed a lot of other drivers in stock GS350's who will rubberneck when I pass. I even had a guy ahead of me at light give a peace sign when we pulled away. I have also had the service reps at the dealership tell me that they have had several questions as to what exactly I did to the car to make it look the way it does. I was wondering if you guys get love from stock GS drivers.
i get plenty of looks in my stock (+ tint) 3gs but not nearly as many looks as when I drive my other car.....

as far as stock gs drivers looking at modded gs's with envy.....got that all the time with my 2gs when it was modded....it was the first one in town for sure....but then all these other modded 2gs's started popping up all over the place.....you know what they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery....but they were cheaply modded with cut springs and nasty chrome wheels

when i got my first gs when i was a senior in high school back in '01 i was the first kid in my entire city to have 20"s.....talk about getting stares it was insane!! id come outside to people looking at my car everywhere i went.......kinda fun actually at 18

i8abmr youd probably get more looks if you got some nice updated wheels......the old chrome look doesnt do it for me anymore especially on a blue 3gs......throw on some more aggressive shoes with a brushed finish or something like that and youll be straight

Quick Reply: Do you ever get stock GS rubbernecking ????????