GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

THINK DESIGN Piano Black- Interior Panel

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-09, 09:48 PM
LexFather

Here is blackwood. Gallery here of other wood replacements. Not stick on, these are replacement parts.
http://www.think-design.jp/gallery_top.html
Old 04-23-09, 09:58 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bmw also have TV capability in Germany =)

it's the ridiculous US lawsuits that's keeping these techs from coming to the state side.

My cousin's RX300 in taiwan can watch satellite tv staright from the factory from many years ago.
Old 04-23-09, 10:08 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by whlkev
bmw also have TV capability in Germany =)

it's the ridiculous US lawsuits that's keeping these techs from coming to the state side.

My cousin's RX300 in taiwan can watch satellite tv staright from the factory from many years ago.
so they're afraid drivers will watch tv while driving?

someone can make an aftermarket tv adapter, right? or is this completely illegal?
Old 04-23-09, 10:21 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
so they're afraid drivers will watch tv while driving?

someone can make an aftermarket tv adapter, right? or is this completely illegal?
yea, they already think they will have issues with people using navigation while driving let along watching tv

that's why Range Rover and mercedes will come out with the dual view LCD that allows this in the future

as far as i know, it is completely illegal to have any TV/Video playing anywhere that the driver can see.

NAV TV does make adapters but I don't think they have anything for lexus?
Old 04-23-09, 11:16 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

that is bad-a** ....I would love to do that to my LS....
Old 04-23-09, 11:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yea, they already think they will have issues with people using navigation while driving let along watching tv

that's why Range Rover and mercedes will come out with the dual view LCD that allows this in the future

as far as i know, it is completely illegal to have any TV/Video playing anywhere that the driver can see.

yup it's illegal to play video in the front that driver can see when the car is moving i believe. the new split angle screen on mb is very nice, very very cool idea
Old 04-24-09, 04:14 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nav TV is an option for our cars if you get the kit. There is a vendor on here that is also selling them. Someone posted a good question about when the go Digital and how those will work if they still will I had a few buddies do satellite in the car before. Outside of that I tried TV reception in a previous car and it was horrible. DVD's or Satellite are going to be your best picture options (for the rear passengers of course)
Old 04-24-09, 04:19 AM
01a4man
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the black trim. Although, I am kinda liking the gray with the design. I'm I weird or what?
Old 04-24-09, 04:23 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ Nah it looks better then OEM. I like the Piano Black. I would do that so long I dont have to sell the house! haha...Selling the NSX I see? I had #79 but I was a NSX-T. Totaled in a accident though. The car was a lot of fun. What is the next toy???
Old 04-24-09, 06:43 AM
01a4man
Pole Position

Originally Posted by passnu2
^ Nah it looks better then OEM. I like the Piano Black. I would do that so long I dont have to sell the house! haha...Selling the NSX I see? I had #79 but I was a NSX-T. Totaled in a accident though. The car was a lot of fun. What is the next toy???
I'm thinking about selling it or trading it for a Gallardo. I'm just trying to get up the nerve to spend over 100k for a used car. We'll see though.
Old 04-24-09, 08:59 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 01a4man
I'm thinking about selling it or trading it for a Gallardo. I'm just trying to get up the nerve to spend over 100k for a used car. We'll see though.
Oh man, how many contractors own $100,000.00 cars that they drive for 30 days per year when they go home? I know quite a few
Old 04-24-09, 11:51 AM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

We need to get this thread back on topic...lol.
Old 04-24-09, 12:01 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't like the fakewood versions of this.
Old 04-24-09, 12:08 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dunnojack
I don't like the fakewood versions of this.
Me either, but the piano black is actually nice. I would like to see in person, but Steve G at Carson told me the process to create the pieces is quite extensive and time consuming, ending with a 6 layer clear coat process and hand sanding, etc. Interesting!!!

I may have to order these pieces - a repair shop did some damage to my multi-display trim and it's not available from Lexus (i.e., LONG wait) and the price is like $5k-$10k because Lexus only sells it with the display unit (you cannot get the trim pieces alone).

This may be a good option for me (read: for them).

Lee
Old 04-24-09, 03:00 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Its Piano Black for me or nothing. I was considering Silver CF. The hardest thing seems to be the steering wheel unless you go full custom. I would like to see the full set up in Piano Black with my black interior and tinted windows it will look good. Just need to change the gray liner to black No looking in my car

Quick Reply: THINK DESIGN Piano Black- Interior Panel