GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

DetN’s Burgess: Lexus Drivers Are America’s Worst

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-09, 11:04 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default DetN’s Burgess: Lexus Drivers Are America’s Worst

LOL, this article cracks me up and he actually backs Lexus drivers up!

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/det...mericas-worst/
Old 05-04-09, 11:28 AM
OutkastGS3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what he said is totally true, sometimes I feel like I'm going speed limit, but when I look down at the speedo, I'm at 95mph. Got myself in some law troubles because of that!
Old 05-04-09, 01:19 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OutkastGS3
what he said is totally true, sometimes I feel like I'm going speed limit, but when I look down at the speedo, I'm at 95mph. Got myself in some law troubles because of that!
No kidding. I've had two speeding tickets owning/driving seven vehicles over several years and BAM, two speeding tickets in the 3GS in a year and a half
Old 05-04-09, 09:41 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

lame..... I think its funny that he has " evidence"
Old 05-04-09, 10:48 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

This is a very interesting article......I do agree with it tho.
Old 05-05-09, 12:36 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by OutkastGS3
GUILTY!!!

I got about 8 or 9 tickets since I got my GS!!!
Old 05-05-09, 03:11 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

guess he didnt get one with the dash rattle
Old 05-05-09, 08:40 AM
LexFather

By far the worst are Honda drivers. I actually don't have issues with BMW, Lexus, Mustang drivers. I find Audi drivers to always be trying to prove something along with Infiniti drivers. I would say teh TT and the G35 sedan are the worst. Then its Acura drivers trying to prove FWD can be sporty or some dumb crap. Then the NEW Tundra drivers are horrible, I think they think they drive tanks and they drive as such. Then I find mindless people in Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban/Escalade etc to be horrible, no signal, cutting off, always in the fast lane where you can't see around them.

To be HONEST my biggest BEEF with Lexus drivers is not driving, its PARKING. I get a good kick watching a RX or LX trying to park. I've noticed a lot of them do not know how to park and I'm not talking parallel parking lol.

Funny but Lexus are so quiet, you really have to watch how fast you are going.
Old 05-05-09, 08:48 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Most of the Lexus drivers around here are senior citizens, needless to say, they are not agrressive drivers. I find that the BMW drivers are by far the worst, they think that for some reason, they have to use that BMW performance in order to get their money worth. I really dont mind them driving fast, but its when they are cutting off people crossing over 3 lanes that bothers me. I am sure you guys heard the old joke about what is the difference between a dog and a BMW, the A hole is on outside of the dog.
Old 05-05-09, 08:58 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
By far the worst are Honda drivers. I actually don't have issues with BMW, Lexus, Mustang drivers. I find Audi drivers to always be trying to prove something along with Infiniti drivers. I would say teh TT and the G35 sedan are the worst. Then its Acura drivers trying to prove FWD can be sporty or some dumb crap. Then the NEW Tundra drivers are horrible, I think they think they drive tanks and they drive as such. Then I find mindless people in Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban/Escalade etc to be horrible, no signal, cutting off, always in the fast lane where you can't see around them.

To be HONEST my biggest BEEF with Lexus drivers is not driving, its PARKING. I get a good kick watching a RX or LX trying to park. I've noticed a lot of them do not know how to park and I'm not talking parallel parking lol.

Funny but Lexus are so quiet, you really have to watch how fast you are going.
haha... I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about Hummer (not H1) drivers in their souped up Tahoe feeling invincible.
Old 05-05-09, 09:16 AM
MORE4MY 4
Pole Position

I second that BMW drivers are the worst they think that I have a BMW move out my way, oh and don't let it be a M3 M5 M6 545 550 now they want too push you down the road almost all of my boys have BMW's and we agrue all the time they talk about Hp and I say show me your back camera , show me your rear sun shade , wood grain in the car ,your dash lights , led's everything ,the touch screen navi, I told them that you paid 50k for a car that make a hell of a lot of noise when the AC fan come on , show me your AC and heated seats and what about buying a 35k car like the 545 now to turn around and have to change the front and back bumpers and add led tail light to look like a M5 so thats 35k plus another 4k and then have to spend $140 for a oil change that you don' t even get to use much cause the car is always at the dealer fixing and trust me have more I can say . Now I paid 30k for my car and I have everything that they wish they had, or have to buy only my HP is not there. BMW's drivers have a point to prove while lexus we let it speak for its self .
Old 05-05-09, 10:24 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

The worst is when those young BMW driver run into a Infinity G on the road. There is probably a better than 50% chance that they will try to race one another. Both have something to prove and both have more horsepower than brains.
Old 05-05-09, 10:34 AM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by The G Man
The worst is when those young BMW driver run into a Infinity G on the road. There is probably a better than 50% chance that they will try to race one another. Both have something to prove and both have more horsepower than brains.
LOL ahahhahhahahaa.....
so true
Old 05-05-09, 01:12 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

can't wait till the Camaros are back on the roads!! :sarcasm:

i hate living around red-necks.
Old 05-05-09, 02:50 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MORE4MY 4
I second that BMW drivers are the worst they think that I have a BMW move out my way, oh and don't let it be a M3 M5 M6 545 550 now they want too push you down the road almost all of my boys have BMW's and we agrue all the time they talk about Hp and I say show me your back camera , show me your rear sun shade , wood grain in the car ,your dash lights , led's everything ,the touch screen navi, I told them that you paid 50k for a car that make a hell of a lot of noise when the AC fan come on , show me your AC and heated seats and what about buying a 35k car like the 545 now to turn around and have to change the front and back bumpers and add led tail light to look like a M5 so thats 35k plus another 4k and then have to spend $140 for a oil change that you don' t even get to use much cause the car is always at the dealer fixing and trust me have more I can say . Now I paid 30k for my car and I have everything that they wish they had, or have to buy only my HP is not there. BMW's drivers have a point to prove while lexus we let it speak for its self .
Used 545 eh?

Originally Posted by The G Man
True dat

Originally Posted by jtrue28
can't wait till the Camaros are back on the roads!! :sarcasm:

i hate living around red-necks.
Mustangs too IMHO