GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS vs 5 vs E

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-09, 10:16 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I havent heard of any rear shade failure yet, maybe Lexus didnt use the same gears in the shade.
Old 05-07-09, 04:31 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
imho? nop. even on the ls460l i could care less about the autopark

on the new e class, the blind spot assist is the only cool thing i would use. the others i don't really care about much neither.
I set my mirrors farther out so there's no blind spot

Originally Posted by dunnojack
the side mirrors fail.

only a matter of time before the simple rear sunshade fails too.
o yeah, forgot about that one.

Originally Posted by The G Man
I havent heard of any rear shade failure yet, maybe Lexus didnt use the same gears in the shade.
if the gears are different, maybe we could mod the mirror gears using the ones from the rear sunshade!!!
Old 05-07-09, 05:26 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

have u guys seen new 7 series..its yucky lookin...they copied LS rear..
Old 05-10-09, 10:34 PM
greg0723
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

doesnt the LS 460L H have the drowsiness system? i think some guy told me that when i was looking in the show room about a year ago. it beeps when it detect someone head dropping like he is falling asleep. dont know for sure. but the gs needs to step it up. why doesnt it have heated or ventilated back seats yet? the infiniti m class has it. where is the heated steering wheel? my boy 2008 nissan max has that. if the gs exterior didnt look so good to be i would of got the es350. it has as much technology in it for much less. but the gs does need more luxury options put in it.
Old 05-11-09, 05:27 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

I think most people rather see the GS improve performance wise than luxury wise, at least I do. I couldnt care less if my rear passengers have heated and cooled seat and If I want heated steering wheel, I can put on a pair of gloves If I want luxury, I would have bought a ES or LS.
Old 05-11-09, 07:43 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by greg0723
doesnt the LS 460L H have the drowsiness system? i think some guy told me that when i was looking in the show room about a year ago. it beeps when it detect someone head dropping like he is falling asleep. dont know for sure. but the gs needs to step it up. why doesnt it have heated or ventilated back seats yet? the infiniti m class has it. where is the heated steering wheel? my boy 2008 nissan max has that. if the gs exterior didnt look so good to be i would of got the es350. it has as much technology in it for much less. but the gs does need more luxury options put in it.
M 35/45 has rinky dink 2 piston calipers, GS has 4. GS has a 6 speed, CVT and 8 speed auto. M35/45 has a 5 speed from 1839. You want a heated steering wheel, well the GS offers a wood one, something the M35/45 does not offer

The GS may lack some features but so does the competition. The GS is the only RWD hybrid in its class and period.
Old 05-11-09, 11:08 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
M 35/45 has rinky dink 2 piston calipers, GS has 4. GS has a 6 speed, CVT and 8 speed auto. M35/45 has a 5 speed from 1839. You want a heated steering wheel, well the GS offers a wood one, something the M35/45 does not offer

The GS may lack some features but so does the competition. The GS is the only RWD hybrid in its class and period.
the M35 has a 7 speed this year. mileage is still mediocre though
Old 05-11-09, 11:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

put it pretty well, all cars have their pros and cons anyway.

for the ls460 system, it's not like the new e class. the system in the LS is to alert the driver if there is an imminent danger up ahead and the driver is not looking forward. otherwise the system won't go off
Old 05-11-09, 12:44 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Some of these systems are too intrusive in my opinion. What is next, the car will slap you on your head if you use a cell phone or put on make up when you are driving?
Old 05-11-09, 12:48 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lims407
have u guys seen new 7 series..its yucky lookin...they copied LS rear..
I saw one about a week ago, at first glance I thought it was a LS.
Old 05-11-09, 02:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by The G Man
Some of these systems are too intrusive in my opinion. What is next, the car will slap you on your head if you use a cell phone or put on make up when you are driving?
lol you never know. but yeah, same here, a lot of those systems i think are too much and i wouldn't really care much about them

the mb system is funny, it literally show a coffee icon on the dash when it alerts you about you being sleepy
Old 05-11-09, 02:27 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
the mb system is funny, it literally show a coffee icon on the dash when it alerts you about you being sleepy
what would be awesome about this feature is if it also SHOWS on the navi the nearest coffee shop so that you can get coffee! imagine if starbucks or mcdonalds made a deal with lexus for that privledge...it's a win-win scenario for both lexus and coffee shops
Old 05-11-09, 08:07 PM
LexFather

I need a Hooters warning system.......someone needs to work on that
Old 05-11-09, 11:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Stormforge
what would be awesome about this feature is if it also SHOWS on the navi the nearest coffee shop so that you can get coffee! imagine if starbucks or mcdonalds made a deal with lexus for that privledge...it's a win-win scenario for both lexus and coffee shops
when talking to the mb product managers about the system we did ask when they are going to add a coffee making machine
Old 05-13-09, 03:17 PM
hal9000
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which you choose may depend on what is important to you. I cannot address the technical aspects of the new models. However my experience with the reliability of Mercedes is bad. I owned a 1994 E420 for 5 years. It was in the shop for a fairly significant repair every 3 months, and I finally couldn't stand it anymore when an independent garage determined that the compression on one of the cylinders was bad after only 5 years. I also found that neither of the two dealers (both high volume in a city crawling with high end cars) stocked sufficient parts, and it would take 2-5 days to get anything not in stock. My wife had a BMW (but not a 5) and it was reliable and fun to drive. I currently have a second generation GS400 and have loved it in all respects. I may be looking to change after 8 years, and will probably move to a third generation GS. Mercedes lost me and I would never think of owning another one.

Quick Reply: GS vs 5 vs E