GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

4TH Generation GS coming...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-09, 02:57 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by bozer
Any of you think this will be the last GS?

Not a chance

Originally Posted by lims407
hopefully GS-F will be the new M5...
Not a chance, first gen of GS-F if it ever comes to life can not imagine to outperform the M5 right off the bat....
Old 12-02-09, 06:39 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
Not a chance

Not a chance, first gen of GS-F if it ever comes to life can not imagine to outperform the M5 right off the bat....

I know the ISF guys are going to freak, but its the same story with the ISF and the LFA.
Old 12-02-09, 08:11 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The LFA is second to nobody at what it does. It was designed to be the most driveable ultra-high performance sports car, and the reviews suggest that it is exactly that. Many of the journalists who drove the LFA viewed it as an car as distinctive in its driving experience as the McLaren F1 and the Bugatti Veyron.

I hope the GSF brings that distinctiveness of driveability and control to very high performance sports sedans. That in this regard it exceeds a BMW M5 or Benz E63.
Old 12-02-09, 09:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i don't agree with those who thinks the isf is a complete loss against m3 or c63 as well. yeah, the m3 outperforms on the track overall, but there are quite a few other stuff about the isf that makes it a pretty neat car. i think of it as a good blend of performance, speed, and luxury. i will say it's not my cup of tea, but at the same time i can see it being a great option for a lot of people

same thing for the gsf (if they make one)
Old 12-02-09, 09:47 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would really want to see what they are going to do with the 4th generation of the GS.......especially if they are gonna make a GS-F
Old 12-03-09, 03:11 AM
[0350]
Pole Position

GS-F I dunno, I think they should just keep the models to a GS, but maybe drop in a twin turbo engine something like a updated 2JZ
Old 12-03-09, 12:03 PM
LexFather

lol, seems I posted in CarChat and now the 3GS forum on what I know...well I got a little info on the 4GS but Lexus of course is very mum. Dealers have seen the car already and the word thrown around is "beautiful" by people who have seen it. Couldn't get much more info though (yes its bigger). They told me they were happy with the current model and felt a lot of people just didn't know about it, so I am expecting better marketing like the 2GS (3GS ads really are pretty forgettable outside the figure 8 one). No word on a GS-F.

Originally Posted by M50x
So what are your thoughts on this now? (I mean now that the next-gen M is out, with sales starting in about three months.) Just curious.
The M37/56 is really a Nissan Fuga, thus it has to keep the same 5 year short cycle of Nissan's and like non luxury brands/cars. The GS has always had a longer life cycle like BMW, Benz etc. Most luxury car buyers do not want the car to change constantly.

I much prefer the GS soldier on and keep the cycle of a luxury car/brand and let Nissan/Infiniti do what they think works best for them. I think with the new E-class, the new 5 series and the market still slow, they have their work cut out for them, even though we all know its going to be a very good product.

The GS coming later might just coincide with a better economy.

The real loser here is the RL, as it continues with basically no changes outside a beak and it always has been a poor seller. In the span of the RL, Infiniti has a M35 and x/M45, then added a M45x. Now they will have a M37, M56 and M37 hybrid along with x models. They also offer a sport package.
Old 12-03-09, 02:01 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
lol, seems I posted in CarChat and now the 3GS forum on what I know...well I got a little info on the 4GS but Lexus of course is very mum. Dealers have seen the car already and the word thrown around is "beautiful" by people who have seen it. Couldn't get much more info though (yes its bigger). They told me they were happy with the current model and felt a lot of people just didn't know about it, so I am expecting better marketing like the 2GS (3GS ads really are pretty forgettable outside the figure 8 one). No word on a GS-F.
I wonder if by bigger they mean A6/5series size? I hope it doesn't get to be as big as the M or the XF. I hope they do make an "F" model and I think the possibility of such a model is pretty high, but they might wait for the economy to improve before launching it (even though the economy is really looking up right now). Oh and I hope they upgrade the hybrid to lithium ion batteries and increase the power of the GSh to maybe 380 hp or so. I also hope that they upgrade the V8 to the same V8 thats in the LS (or maybe something even larger and better in order to compete with the 5 series and M56).

So since the GS is a global car, if it's getting bigger I guess that means the next IS and LS are going to grow as well . I hope the IS doesn't get too big and heavy. The LS could grow some I guess, since it's the flagship sedan and all.

The M37/56 is really a Nissan Fuga, thus it has to keep the same 5 year short cycle of Nissan's and like non luxury brands/cars. The GS has always had a longer life cycle like BMW, Benz etc. Most luxury car buyers do not want the car to change constantly.

I much prefer the GS soldier on and keep the cycle of a luxury car/brand and let Nissan/Infiniti do what they think works best for them. I think with the new E-class, the new 5 series and the market still slow, they have their work cut out for them, even though we all know its going to be a very good product.

The GS coming later might just coincide with a better economy.

The real loser here is the RL, as it continues with basically no changes outside a beak and it always has been a poor seller. In the span of the RL, Infiniti has a M35 and x/M45, then added a M45x. Now they will have a M37, M56 and M37 hybrid along with x models. They also offer a sport package.
I would think that if dealers have already seen the GS it might debut in concept form at the NAIAS and go on sale in the fall of next year. I don't think they're gonna wait 2 years or more if they've already shown it to dealers.
Old 12-04-09, 05:05 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by (Cj)
I wonder if by bigger they mean A6/5series size? I hope it doesn't get to be as big as the M or the XF. I hope they do make an "F" model and I think the possibility of such a model is pretty high, but they might wait for the economy to improve before launching it (even though the economy is really looking up right now). Oh and I hope they upgrade the hybrid to lithium ion batteries and increase the power of the GSh to maybe 380 hp or so. I also hope that they upgrade the V8 to the same V8 thats in the LS (or maybe something even larger and better in order to compete with the 5 series and M56).

I also like the size of the current GS but everyone seems to what a bigger, fatter, heavier vehicle. just because. I can't see Lexus resisting when the entire class has gotten huge and even Accords and Camry's are huge. I hope for your other suggestions as well.

So since the GS is a global car, if it's getting bigger I guess that means the next IS and LS are going to grow as well . I hope the IS doesn't get too big and heavy. The LS could grow some I guess, since it's the flagship sedan and all.

The trend is make your current cars bigger then introduce a small car and make it bigger each generation. Like the A3/A4 (now A1 is coming), 1/3 series, A/B/C class. I'm assuming the Ch will come here under the IS and eventually we might see a sedan version next generation (this is thinking WAY ahead). The reason for this is the German brands need to sell more vehicles to stay financially stable (not Audi since VW owns them) and small cars sell in Europe. Lexus will have to follow suit in Europe to be more successful.

I would think that if dealers have already seen the GS it might debut in concept form at the NAIAS and go on sale in the fall of next year. I don't think they're gonna wait 2 years or more if they've already shown it to dealers.

Some of us got word of the GX last fall when it debuted at dealers and it took a year (this month) for it to officially debut). So the GS might debut in Geneva next fall as a 2012 model.....
I suck at multi-quote
Old 12-04-09, 05:47 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I actually read on a few Japanese blogs that GS-F is confirmed and they are working on it. Some say that it will be released in 2012. I guess we'll see. What I personally would like to see is GS-C (coupe) or even better an F version of a GS-C

Last edited by SNiiP3R; 12-04-09 at 05:50 AM.
Old 12-04-09, 06:24 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

I also like the size of the current GS but everyone seems to what a bigger, fatter, heavier vehicle. just because. I can't see Lexus resisting when the entire class has gotten huge and even Accords and Camry's are huge. I hope for your other suggestions as well.

The trend is make your current cars bigger then introduce a small car and make it bigger each generation. Like the A3/A4 (now A1 is coming), 1/3 series, A/B/C class. I'm assuming the Ch will come here under the IS and eventually we might see a sedan version next generation (this is thinking WAY ahead). The reason for this is the German brands need to sell more vehicles to stay financially stable (not Audi since VW owns them) and small cars sell in Europe. Lexus will have to follow suit in Europe to be more successful.
This is a sad trend. Lexus's vehicles were all the perfect size. All they needed to do was increase the wheelbases for a little more room in the backseat, not make the whole car bigger (and heavier and less efficient). I guess this means that the next IS will be the size of the A4/G37 (huge), the next GS will be the size of the M/XF, and the next LS will be the size of a yacht.

Some of us got word of the GX last fall when it debuted at dealers and it took a year (this month) for it to officially debut). So the GS might debut in Geneva next fall as a 2012 model.....
12 months isn't bad. So does anybody have any idea what Lexus will be showing off at the NAIAS? Will it be a production LF-Ch? Production JX crossover? Concept something?
Old 12-04-09, 07:28 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

This is a sad trend. Lexus's vehicles were all the perfect size.
Perfect size for who? The ES and the LS are the only two Lexus sedan I feel comfortable in. I welcome the bigger size.
Old 12-04-09, 10:31 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

love to see gs two door coupe as well...
Old 12-04-09, 10:35 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

12 months isn't bad. So does anybody have any idea what Lexus will be showing off at the NAIAS? Will it be a production LF-Ch? Production JX crossover? Concept something?
LFA and LF-Ch are going to Detroit next month. We should be seeing new things from Lexus in the coming months.
Old 12-04-09, 01:33 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by The G Man
Perfect size for who? The ES and the LS are the only two Lexus sedan I feel comfortable in. I welcome the bigger size.
Perfect size for sports sedans. The ES and LS are luxury cruisers so they should be larger . I do agree that the interiors of both the IS and GS could be a little larger, but their exterior dimensions don't have to grow to achieve that. I just hope Lexus doesn't get the Infiniti/Acura mindset that the only way to make a car interior bigger is to make it 6 inches longer and 500 pounds heavier . The Germans do a very good job at space management on their compact sports sedans and thats what keeps the C class and 3 series compact on the outside and roomy on the inside.

Originally Posted by flipside909
LFA and LF-Ch are going to Detroit next month. We should be seeing new things from Lexus in the coming months.
Ah, too bad there won't a be a major unveiling at the largest autoshow...

Quick Reply: 4TH Generation GS coming...