GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

4TH Generation GS coming...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-09, 02:10 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I suck at multi-quote
Oh, I thought it was just me.
Old 12-04-09, 02:15 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by (Cj)
The Germans do a very good job at space management on their compact sports sedans and thats what keeps the C class and 3 series compact on the outside and roomy on the inside.
Note: The C-class Benz is significantly roomier than the IS Lexus especially making the rear seat more usable, but they cheated a bit (couple inches of extra wheelbase and length and a bit extra height, all of which makes a difference especially in the back seat).

In short bigger car is roomier car.
Old 12-06-09, 10:06 AM
Lexzam
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suspect Lexus may make the 4GS bigger for the sake of more space in the trunk to accomodate the hybrid batteries -- even if they are lithium ones -- .... possibly also paving way to hybrid and F only GS line-up in the future.
Old 12-07-09, 07:05 PM
BLAQ ICE
Driver

Default Motor Trend - January Edition

The January edition of Motor has a small article in the next gen GS-F. Smaller than current size GS. Lexus shortened the overhangs. Due out in 2011 as a 2012. GS due out in late 2010 as a 2011.
Old 12-07-09, 09:37 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by BLAQ ICE
The January edition of Motor has a small article in the next gen GS-F. Smaller than current size GS. Lexus shortened the overhangs. Due out in 2011 as a 2012. GS due out in late 2010 as a 2011.
Correction......GS due out 2011 as a 2012 model...page 19
Old 12-08-09, 05:00 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by BLAQ ICE
Their info is nearly completely wrong....
Old 12-08-09, 07:29 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Why am I not surprised.
Old 12-08-09, 06:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

why is the info wrong?? I would believe what I read in a magazine over what I read on a forum. ........ any day of the week. even if they are wrong from time to time they are a damn magazine. we are just enthusiasts. We have great knowledge but these magazines are edited and accuracy is verified. They even print corrections when they are wrong. I will believe that the next GS will have shorter overhangs.

I remember when I would have family at Nissan corporate give me info on the GTR and people on this forum would claim they knew more. WRONG!!!
Old 12-08-09, 06:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

mike can you back it up with facts????????? I don't think so but you never know. Where is your info coming from?????????? The info in the magazine is coming from Lexus. They dont generally make this **** up
Old 12-08-09, 06:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

guess you are referring to your thread here
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-the-mail.html

everything in magazines are facts? hardly. what they printed is nothing more than speculations as well. lexus hardly ever release information about future cars this early (before debut), now that's a fact. everyone who knows lexus well know they don't give out official future vehicle info like this. with that said, then it's nothing more than speculations

i can't even tell how many times i have read something in these car mags like MT and C&D and they were totally untrue, not to mention about all the biased subjective comments. that's why i have lost so much faith in them.

soooo many times they write something like "insider sources told us that...." give me a break, that's nothing more than the "insider news" that's being spread everywhere

and specifically the one you posted? just the fact that the 4gs will be based on the 2is, that alone doesn't make sense, when the is is a shortened gs platform
Old 12-08-09, 10:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

no. I am just giving mike a hard time. I know he knows whats up. You too for that matter Henry
Old 12-09-09, 11:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ok this is just funny and ironic

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ml#post5061221
Old 12-09-09, 12:25 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
mike can you back it up with facts????????? I don't think so but you never know. Where is your info coming from?????????? The info in the magazine is coming from Lexus. They dont generally make this **** up
Just b/c its from a car mag doesn't mean its accurate. Sadly b/c they are mag most people do not question their info.

They surely have some insiders but what they are saying doesn't make much sense and now they seemingly are contradicting some of what they are saying.

I doubt the GS will begin a trend to get smaller. The GS is already small. People want big cars but want efficiency. They will have to find a way to continue to do both.

From a production standpoint they have now said:
IS platform (not true)
all new platform (probably)
same wheelbase (no one does the same wheelbase on a NEW platform)

Engine speculation is just that. I will not say that is wrong/right.

I'm just a glad to hear more GS-F talk.

That and what Henry has said.
Old 12-09-09, 03:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Mike you are correct. I was giving you a hard time. I don't think that the GS will be getting smaller as well ,but I do believe the GS250 posibility. If they have a 525 for BMW non performance priented drivers and women then Lexus should follow with its own anemic gas sipping GS model as well. Bottom line is that if Lexus produces a GS250 many people will be buying them to get into the larger Lexus sedan. In the most people who drive a Lexus drive it like an old man either because they are or because the car has altered the driving style
Old 12-09-09, 05:22 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Mike you are correct. I was giving you a hard time. I don't think that the GS will be getting smaller as well ,but I do believe the GS250 posibility. If they have a 525 for BMW non performance priented drivers and women then Lexus should follow with its own anemic gas sipping GS model as well. Bottom line is that if Lexus produces a GS250 many people will be buying them to get into the larger Lexus sedan. In the most people who drive a Lexus drive it like an old man either because they are or because the car has altered the driving style
Oh, no offense taken

Quick Reply: 4TH Generation GS coming...