GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Finally Pics of the Passnu2 Matador Red GS430!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-09, 07:48 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by telmz1
your car looks awesome! how bad is your camber being dropped on DF210s on 20s?
I am with in factory spec still but I dont recall what exactly it was at. If I can find it I will PM you.
Old 05-25-09, 10:53 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
Installation/Custom Fabrication:
Tommy Chao - Ill Garage, Villa Park IL

Car looks great Mike, but you might want to go back to Tommy's shop and have him install your BBK properly. Not only are your discs on the wrong side, but the calipers are also on the wrong side (and upside down). The bridge pipe is supposed to be on the bottom, with the bleeder valve on the top. Bleeding your brakes might become an issue with the bleeder valve upside down.

Javier
Old 05-26-09, 04:56 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^Thanks they did flip the rotors but the calipers wouldn't mount the other way??
Old 05-26-09, 11:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

good looking javy.

yeah, mike, the caipers seems to be mounting incorrectly? i believe the valves have to be pointing up, otherwise bubbles could be trapped?
Old 05-26-09, 11:41 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ so I just strated a new thread for this???

can the brackets be on the wrong calipers? I am told by the shop they couldnt mount them the other was as they brackets didnt line up unless they installed them as they are on the car now. The rotors where wrong, they figured all was marked wrong, so they installed them backwards. Made sense and they ran with what they thought. They have since flipped the rotors so that is correct now but its the caliper that shows the wrong way when I look at others on here (mainly the 2IS??) UGH!!!!

any help or feedback is much appreciated. I just want to see if Rotora made some kind of a mistake or if the shop made an error? this way I can get it corrected and see what needs to be done and the shop is paid for their time if they did what they could.

Thanks!
Old 05-26-09, 11:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

take a look here mike

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...gs350-awd.html

#22. seems like the bridge pipe is at the bottom and the valves at the top. all my bbk are mounted the same way too
Old 05-26-09, 11:44 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

First, make sure Rotora sent you the right kit. Double check using the part numbers. Once you're sure of that, tell your installer to try and flip the brackets from side to side. The driver side bracket is probably on the passenger, and vice versa. Also, they might have told you that it "wouldn't fit" because there may be some trimming of the dust shield that's required. Most BBK's require modification and/or removal of the dust shield for caliper and/or disc clearance.

Javier
Old 05-26-09, 11:50 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ thank you! It looks like from the pics it sits higher up (on the 2IS anyway) and I wonder if that was the hold up (dust shield). I will have the car on a lift today for an oil change and have them look to see. maybe I can just have my tech flip them if that is the case. Does it need the OEM shield??
Old 05-26-09, 11:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

on my gs350, i had to cut part of the shield close to the caliper to clear it, since the calipers are "longer". i would imagine the same on yours.

of course, now the problem with yours is you have to take off the caliper in order to fit on the other side, so probably need to bleed them too
Old 05-26-09, 11:55 AM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick!! Sick!!! azz car Mike!! Love the signal mirrors,BBk,SC's...everything is fantastic.
what an upgrade since your IS....I can see you still can't shake off your love for the Work line...
Old 05-26-09, 11:58 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by passnu2
^ thank you! It looks like from the pics it sits higher up (on the 2IS anyway) and I wonder if that was the hold up (dust shield). I will have the car on a lift today for an oil change and have them look to see. maybe I can just have my tech flip them if that is the case. Does it need the OEM shield??
You don't really "need" the dust shield, but instead of removing it like a lot of people do, I only trim off what is necessary. I'd much rather keep all the brake dust on the outside and away from all my suspension components, wiring, etc...
Originally Posted by rominl
on my gs350, i had to cut part of the shield close to the caliper to clear it, since the calipers are "longer". i would imagine the same on yours.

of course, now the problem with yours is you have to take off the caliper in order to fit on the other side, so probably need to bleed them too
Henry is 100% right. To swap the calipers from side to side, they'll have to disconnect the brake lines and re-bleed the system (which should be done anyway because there's more than likely air caught in the calipers from bleeding the brakes upside down).

Javier
Old 05-26-09, 03:38 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

thanks for the feedback from everyone. Really appreciate it
Old 05-26-09, 03:55 PM
krava
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not having much luck here. First the discount destroyed one of the wheels now this place puts the brakes on wrong. i don't know what to tell you there. Good avatar Jay with the money
Old 05-26-09, 04:13 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

called Rotora and it sounds like the brackets where installed backwards on the calipers. there is a short tab and longer so only one way for them to bolt up if I understood correctly.
Old 05-26-09, 04:14 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by krava
Not having much luck here. First the discount destroyed one of the wheels now this place puts the brakes on wrong. i don't know what to tell you there. Good avatar Jay with the money
tell me about it its Rotora's mistake

Quick Reply: Finally Pics of the Passnu2 Matador Red GS430!!!