GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Gs350 with black interior and white exterior rare?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-09, 02:24 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gs350 with black interior and white exterior rare?

I am currently car shopping and looking at gs350s.
I come in asking or white exterior and black interior fully loaded without mark levinson. They tell me there's no gs that comes with black interior on white

Is it true? That black interior doesn't come with white gs350's? Anyone here have it?
Old 05-19-09, 02:29 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pre 08, will be almost impossible to find

08+, tons of them already, I am driving one now.. if it's on the rare 460, then it'll be on tons of 350
Old 05-19-09, 02:47 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Damn dealers and their lies. I was just about done dealing on a cashmere interior until I read that reply. Now I'm going to look for black interior, but do you guys think I should wait couple more months for the '010 edition?
Old 05-19-09, 02:49 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait and get what you really want.
Old 05-19-09, 03:10 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vuiskool
Damn dealers and their lies. I was just about done dealing on a cashmere interior until I read that reply. Now I'm going to look for black interior, but do you guys think I should wait couple more months for the '010 edition?
they're not lying.
they're just stupid.

If you're a salesman, you better know your product inside out upside down.

how do these people get hired?......

no. you shouldn't wait.

if you want white on black that badly, you should search other states too. FL and CA have the best selection of RWD. you might even try georgia

NOW is the best time to buy and drive a hard bargain. You're not gonna get as big of a discount on '10 model

Last edited by dunnojack; 05-19-09 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-19-09, 03:39 PM
LexFather

The salesman is trying to sell you whats on the lot. Most Lexus are white/beige. That color combo makes me cringe, its so common though classy.

There is white/black. Its one of the rarer Lexus combos. Your other option is white/grey. You get the black dash but the grey seats and blackwood.

They are around, they are made, they are available. I hope you find that rare combo. I had it on the 2GS 400 and loved it.

Another option is as dunnojack suggested try different states. If you go to Lexus.com try to put in different zip codes of large metro areas when you try to "build your GS". Surely you will find a white/black one somewhere.
Old 05-19-09, 03:39 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Originally Posted by dunnojack

no. you shouldn't wait.

if you want white on black that badly, you should search other states too. FL and CA have the best selection of RWD. you might even try georgia

NOW is the best time to buy and drive a hard bargain. You're not gonna get as big of a discount on '10 model
I live in florida, went to JM lexus the largest lexus dealer in the world and thats where they said they dont make white ext/black int. Thats why i was shocked. I dont know how I will be able to buy a car far away without seeing it in person before i sign anything.
I drove the seller at another dealership down to 44000 otd on a cashmere without ML package, luckily I didn't buy it.
Old 05-19-09, 03:44 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Just like others have suggested, if local dealers are unable to help, try out of state. I did the same thing. I had to drive all the way to Atlanta, GA to get my car. But it was worth it!
Old 05-19-09, 03:48 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i went to atl for my ride too.. black interior is possible!!!
Old 05-19-09, 04:06 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I live in florida, went to JM lexus the largest lexus dealer in the world and thats where they said they dont make white ext/black int. Thats why i was shocked. I dont know how I will be able to buy a car far away without seeing it in person before i sign anything.
I drove the seller at another dealership down to 44000 otd on a cashmere without ML package, luckily I didn't buy it.
that's why you negotiate the price, then go and see the car.

i don't like lexus beige. it looks dirty, cheap, and nasty.
Old 05-19-09, 04:06 PM
LexFather

Yall should have called me, I'm in Atlanta
Old 05-19-09, 04:16 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Here in the Western Region, White w/Black interior for the 06 or 07 GS300/350/450h/430 was special order only. There were more White w/Beige than White w/Gray. I had an 07 GS350, and at the time I was shopping in the summer of 2007, White w/Black in my region was special order only. For 2008, there were allocations of White w/Black interior for both GS350/460 and special order for the 450h. For the 2009 allocation, i've seen more White w/Beige around. I have only seen a small handful of White w/Gray and no White w/Black.

The car you are looking for is not a popular combo for dealerships to receive in their allocation. If you happen to find any white w/black interior whether pre-owned or new, jump on it fast. Waiting for the 2010 will only leave you with very very slim options.
Old 05-19-09, 04:21 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Originally Posted by flipside909
Here in the Western Region, White w/Black interior for the 06 or 07 GS300/350/450h/430 was special order only. There were more White w/Beige than White w/Gray. I had an 07 GS350, and at the time I was shopping in the summer of 2007, White w/Black in my region was special order only. For 2008, there were allocations of White w/Black interior for both GS350/460 and special order for the 450h. For the 2009 allocation, i've seen more White w/Beige around. I have only seen a small handful of White w/Gray and no White w/Black.

The car you are looking for is not a popular combo for dealerships to receive in their allocation. If you happen to find any white w/black interior whether pre-owned or new, jump on it fast. Waiting for the 2010 will only leave you with very very slim options.
thanks you guys who chipped into this thread. I guess i will have to make many phone calls tomorrow, hopefully i wont get any lies.

another question, does the 09 gs350s come with automatic folding side mirrors?
Old 05-19-09, 04:34 PM
LexFather

^ all 3GSs have folding automatic mirrors.
Old 05-19-09, 04:53 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
^ all 3GSs have folding automatic mirrors.
oh thanks for that clearup.
So the 09 upgrade was the rear automatic sunshade and reverse tilting side mirrors?

I seen the parked 3GS' at the dealership, none seemed to have the mirrors folded. Is there something u do to make them fold in?

Quick Reply: Gs350 with black interior and white exterior rare?