GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Got my 20" on. Please opinion......something is missing..

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-09, 08:40 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks good so far.....drop it would look better IMO....
Old 05-24-09, 08:44 PM
krava
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

junjdm: drops can be dangerous too. I had a 98 acura NXS on comptech shocks or springs or whatever it was. After like having it a few weeks. I went to Treasures in houston and let the vallet pull my car up. I pulled forward like 2-3 feet and the back end of my bumper pulled off. the back end had some plastic that was so low to the ground that a small crack or very small pothole had messed me up.
Old 05-26-09, 04:55 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not going to discuss the wheels because I really don't have a positive comment about them, but the rotors looking old are a quick fix. You can paint the entire rotor. The first stop will remove the excess paint, and that will solve the problem you talked about in another thread concerning the rusty edges. Perhaps you should paint the rotor hat black and the rotor surface silver so that you do not have a black ring on the outer edge. I've done that several times in the past.

I say the calipers would be good in a matte black with a subdued color Lexus stickers. I would avoid red since your care is red. I am very upset with you for those wheels, though. You're grounded for two weeks.
Old 05-26-09, 04:57 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by krava
junjdm: drops can be dangerous too. I had a 98 acura NXS on comptech shocks or springs or whatever it was. After like having it a few weeks. I went to Treasures in houston and let the vallet pull my car up. I pulled forward like 2-3 feet and the back end of my bumper pulled off. the back end had some plastic that was so low to the ground that a small crack or very small pothole had messed me up.
That must have been pretty embarrassing.
Old 05-26-09, 05:05 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jre002
I'm not going to discuss the wheels because I really don't have a positive comment about them, but the rotors looking old are a quick fix. You can paint the entire rotor. The first stop will remove the excess paint, and that will solve the problem you talked about in another thread concerning the rusty edges. Perhaps you should paint the rotor hat black and the rotor surface silver so that you do not have a black ring on the outer edge. I've done that several times in the past.

I say the calipers would be good in a matte black with a subdued color Lexus stickers. I would avoid red since your care is red. I am very upset with you for those wheels, though. You're grounded for two weeks.
paint the rotors? i dont think painting the surface face of a rotor is a very good idea.
Old 05-26-09, 05:20 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

With that style wheel, you really need BBK's.....the open space is too much. Also lowering would help the look too. I don't like one piece look-a-like wheels, but that's up to you.
Old 05-26-09, 05:32 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
paint the rotors? i dont think painting the surface face of a rotor is a very good idea.
Lol. Why? A brake pad will clean off the paint like it wasn't even there with the first time you stop. Paint is no match for a brake pad. Trust me on this, bro. Done it many times. I usually did it when a rotor hat got rusty. I'd sand the hat then paint the entire rotor surface with rust proof paint. There is zero effect on performance or reliability.
Old 05-26-09, 10:02 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

dcnaser:
you need to post bigger and better pics. i can hardly see the details! but as some have said, paint the calipers and do a small drop (tanabe nf210 springs should do the trick).
Old 05-26-09, 12:36 PM
DCNASER
Pole Position

Woww, I was busy at work and missed all the comments. Thanks you guys. Easy on me, I am not expert, and I am a lady so go figure. Believe me, those who have negative comments or no comments about the wheels, the PICTURES doesn't do justice. Even I looked at them and went dang. They look good, NOT THE BEST OUT THERE, but look Ok. I had so many compliments from so many people driving lexuses and other cars. The calipers need to be painted for sure for better look. I will not fool with dropping the vehicle, it isn't worth it. I like that the wheels are aligned with the fenders, this is how I like it. When I took a video clip, the way those wheels are designed makes the car look so sharp due to the vertical alignment of the spokes with the fenders, and the big lips. It totally looks different when rolling. I will post some good pics in few days. This is a crappy phone pics, dang Motorola. Thanks anyways for all the comments. How can I load 4 or 5 pics rather than 1 at a time? Last time I did it I wasn't able to due to size. Or how can I insert a video clip? Maybe the car will look better with me in it
Old 05-26-09, 12:59 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

if you have the pics hosted then use the insert image button (2nd from the right on the quick reply box) and just put in the address to the image.
Old 05-26-09, 01:00 PM
DCNASER
Pole Position

Here is some.......
Attached Thumbnails Got my 20" on. Please opinion......something is missing..-1.jpg  
Old 05-26-09, 01:00 PM
DCNASER
Pole Position

moreeeeeeeeee
Attached Thumbnails Got my 20" on. Please opinion......something is missing..-2.jpg  
Old 05-26-09, 01:01 PM
DCNASER
Pole Position

third.......
Attached Thumbnails Got my 20" on. Please opinion......something is missing..-3.jpg  
Old 05-26-09, 01:02 PM
DCNASER
Pole Position

Fourth......
Attached Thumbnails Got my 20" on. Please opinion......something is missing..-4.jpg  
Old 05-26-09, 01:03 PM
DCNASER
Pole Position

Fifth.......
Attached Thumbnails Got my 20" on. Please opinion......something is missing..-6.jpg  

Quick Reply: Got my 20" on. Please opinion......something is missing..