GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

why we need Camber kits ASAP!!! **pics**

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-09, 11:21 AM
THMotor
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously? No one makes a camber kit for the 3gs?? WTF...i will look into this. I know SPC doesnt, but im hoping there is something out there.
Old 06-04-09, 11:33 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what the.. i was slammed on coils with my old car and i got more than 30k out of toyo T1R with no rotation whatsoever..

never got alignment and no camber kits..

i was lucky? hmm..
Old 06-04-09, 01:50 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by THMotor
Seriously? No one makes a camber kit for the 3gs?? WTF...i will look into this. I know SPC doesnt, but im hoping there is something out there.
not only does SPC don't make them, Ingalls don't either. trust me, there are no camber kits for the 3GS. the only way to get them would be a shop to custom design a kit for us (like how revenge motorsports volunteered, but no one local in cali seemed interested in getting it done )

then of course there is that you zealand camber block thingy, but you need to be dropped on coilovers for that thing - someone correct me if i'm wrong on this (and it won't work if you are dropped on springs)
Old 06-04-09, 02:29 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you do stretch the life of your tires on a lowered car by rotating the tires.. helps even out the wear a little... safer as well..
Old 06-04-09, 03:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TampaGSVip
Its been lower on Eibach pro kits 1.2" , i didnt realized how severe the damage was until 1 month to late, so i couldt rotate them anymore.

thanks for the option but
Im concern about the flipping the tires inner to outter shoulders, it comes out costy every 3k miles that will be around 6-7 times a year, around $300 - $400 just to be able to get a few extra k miles on it, eventually it will be the same cost as just wearing them out to the max. and not to count the time and headache you will need to spend at the wheel shop for them to do the work and hopefully not damage your rims or pressure sensors.
Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
i dont disagree with you at all. i never had to flop tires before so i didnt know what the average miles is before you turn them (obviously it will depend on your tires too). if its say every 9k, i wouldnt mind then since i probably only drive my car a total of 5k a year any way. id much rather spend 45 mins and 60 bucks at the tire shop then have to spend nearly 1000 on new tires.
yeah definitely depends on tires. but even on soft aggressive tires like the michelin ps2, every 3k is way too often. i have ove 4k miles on my m3 with ps2, driven far more aggressive, and the wear hasn't been that dramatic. so yeah, if done right, flipping tires would make a lot of sense

Originally Posted by whlkev
what the.. i was slammed on coils with my old car and i got more than 30k out of toyo T1R with no rotation whatsoever..

never got alignment and no camber kits..

i was lucky? hmm..
lol, coz' you drive like a granma?
Old 06-04-09, 04:33 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

camber kit makes it more straight?

why not keep it cambered JDM VIP style??

that JDM look is priceless. you ride on the inner edge of the tires. it's damn cool. and it's JDM!

jay dee em!
Old 06-04-09, 04:35 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am local if you need a car I am willing to help out
Old 06-04-09, 10:16 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My car is lower then yours and when I got a alignment last month I was only -1.5 out of spec in the front and in spec in the back. I also got my toe in perfect.

hmmm
Old 06-05-09, 06:37 AM
spine911
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stormforge
if i recall correctly, revenge motorsports in california offered to make camber kits for us. they just need a california GS owner to volunteer their car for a couple of days. so far no takers. do a search, i've tried to bring attention to this forum, but it's fallen on deaf ears.
Seems like it, no one that ive'd exchanged emails with in SoCal had made it out to Revenge for the R&D...

Thanks for helping out, and request to pull up the thread as a "Sticky"- but it seemed no moderator is interested to assist in this project...I will revive the thread once more!

Originally Posted by dunnojack
camber kit makes it more straight?

why not keep it cambered JDM VIP style??

that JDM look is priceless. you ride on the inner edge of the tires. it's damn cool. and it's JDM!

jay dee em!

Yep, the JDM VIP Style- yet they complain about the excessive inner tire wear (how ironic)....You got to Pay, to Play
Old 06-05-09, 08:52 AM
spine911
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
that's why you need to flip the tires left and right. mount the left tire on the right, and vise versa. that's very typical for a lot of lowered cars.

just the price you pay for looking nice

one thing about camber kits to keep in mind. for those who have wheels maybe on bit aggressive side, with camber kits you might start running into rubbing issues, depending on the camber kit design
Periodic tire rotation is part of an ideal maintenance program for any vehicle (lowered, or not)...iI don't want to end up flipping out due to endless tire flipping ...Aggressively lowered vehicles with wider tires are rotated more often...That is why a good, proprietory R&D program (for a specific vehicle) is needed to design the ideal camber kit, so that there won't be any issues after the installation of the kit.

+++FOR ANY INTERESTED MEMBER : RevengeMotorsports (SanDiego, Ca) for Camber Kit R&D--CONTACT THEM FOR FURTHER INFORMATION+++

Last edited by spine911; 06-05-09 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-05-09, 09:17 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

I got maybe 10k on the set of falkens now and they still look new. Well the backs do anyways, front have a little inner camber wear. I'll need to look at them again.

But yeah, you gotta watch your tires and know when to flip them.
Old 06-05-09, 10:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by spine911
Periodic tire rotation is part of an ideal maintenance program for any vehicle (lowered, or not)...iI don't want to end up flipping out due to endless tire flipping ...Aggressively lowered vehicles with wider tires are rotated more often...That is why a good, proprietory R&D program (for a specific vehicle) is needed to design the ideal camber kit, so that there won't be any issues after the installation of the kit.

+++FOR ANY INTERESTED MEMBER : RevengeMotorsports (SanDiego, Ca) for Camber Kit R&D--CONTACT THEM FOR FURTHER INFORMATION+++
r&d is r&d, but there are only so much you can do on camber kits design. you either deal with the top or the bottom of the suspension to adjust the angle. tons of research have been done on the 2gs already on this subject and pros and cons were all laid out. doing the bottom you will basically need a whole new lower control arm, it's doable but cost might be higher. so it's a tradeoff. a more traditional and common way is to have the camber kit at top (strut tower) and that will push out the top of the wheel and a lot of people will run into rubbing issues. another tradeoff.

not denying about camber kits though, they definitely have their pros and i'd love the factory suspension to have at least some adjustment. but at the same time they don't come without compromise

regarding sticky, i am still not sure if it's warranted. you or others can feel free to bump the related thread asking for cars. once a week should be more than adequate.
Old 06-05-09, 11:53 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had no problems on the IS and so far I am in spec on the GS. I dont think I would waste the $$ on this but if THMotor wants to make something for the rest I am willing to drive over and let them lift my car for measurements and to see what options there are for everyone. Just let me know.
Old 06-05-09, 02:16 PM
THMotor
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by passnu2
I am local if you need a car I am willing to help out

Interesting, I will drop a line to my good friends at SPC and see what they can do.
Old 06-05-09, 02:33 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Interesting, I will drop a line to my good friends at SPC and see what they can do.
nothing i can contribute here, but give us an update if u hear anything from SPC.. i hear good feedbacks about SPC camber kit back in g35driver forums.

Quick Reply: why we need Camber kits ASAP!!! **pics**