GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

why we need Camber kits ASAP!!! **pics**

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-09, 03:49 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

^ +1. i had SPC camber kit for my '99 TL. love their products.
Old 06-05-09, 04:19 PM
THMotor
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep yep, SPC is awesome stuff. We sell it to alot of the guys on g35driver, my350z, myg37 etc.

I awaiting word back from the engineers at SPC. Will keep you guys updated as soon as i hear something.
Old 06-07-09, 02:03 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

i thought that was a pic of my tires for a sec.... my drop is on the Tanabe NF210's and i eat thru tires like it ain't nuthin,.. so i'd definately be interested in a camber kit.... got one on my SC400, which was on a 2.25" drop, and that took care of my tires issues for that car... this GS makes me wanna sell it for lack of mod's that i deem pretty important...
Old 06-08-09, 09:34 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by THMotor
Yep yep, SPC is awesome stuff. We sell it to alot of the guys on g35driver, my350z, myg37 etc.

I awaiting word back from the engineers at SPC. Will keep you guys updated as soon as i hear something.
this was the email i got from SPC back in april:

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for being such loyal customer. Unfortunately, at this time we don't have anything for your car. There are no plans for anything in the near future. I will forward your request to our Engineering Dept so they are aware of your need. We do not make up custom orders so it would not matter how many kits you needed. We simply have not engineered anything for this type of vehicle.

Cindi Melanson

Technical Customer Service Representative
Specialty Products Company
303-772-2103 x4147
cmelanson@specprod.com

my guess is that you'll probably get a similar response.
Old 06-08-09, 06:51 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

if you have straight toe...you can go about 15k before flipping and run them another 15k on the good inner thread.

I go about 18k on my rears before I flipped them and there was still meat on the inside so I'm hoping to get 35k-40k on the Yoko ES100 on my rear.

I'm hoping to get the same on my fronts but I think they will bubble like all the other 245/30 I seen before they get to that mileage.

OP if you are in Tampa...take the 3 hour drive to Miami Chassis, $300 they will straighten your camber back to factory specs. All my friends with 3GS all got it done and they wear tires straight across like its supposed to. they are all lowered on Tanebe DF210
Old 06-08-09, 07:18 PM
Nixsun79
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A gator fan in MIA? What's going on here, your not a fan of the "U"?

Can an alignment do anything to help here? My ES ran into tire issues like this and a good alignment seemed to fix the problem. I also tried out the Nitto Neo Gen tires. They are really nice and designed for lower cars to wear more even on negative camber. I have over 12k on them right now and they still look brand new. I'll try to get a photo up. I had them put on in February of last year.

I have not looked into fitment on the Nittos for the GS.

I got an alignment from Lexus at first which turned out to be hopeless. There is a really good shop in Tampa that specializes in import cars and they did an awesome job on my alignment of my lowered car. If you are interested shoot me a PM and ill send you their info. You could at least have them check it out.

I hope we get some good news on the camber kits!!
Old 06-08-09, 08:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

posted before, you adjust the toe to compensate the inside wear
Old 06-09-09, 01:28 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

if revenge is still interested, they are moving to az, and i would be willing to let them use my car for r&d depending on how long they would need it. would it be any different for awd then rwd?
Old 06-10-09, 05:40 PM
GS455
Driver School Candidate

wow dose rear tires look mess up
1200 its just the price you pay for looking nice
Old 07-08-09, 01:57 PM
THMotor
Former Sponsor

I have not forgot about you guys. We had John, Director of Sales for SPC in our office today to talk about a few things. Camber kits for the 3GS was one of the things I stressed to him. We talked for a bit, and I showed him this thread as well.

He is going to be talking to the engineers at SPC to see what can be done. According to him, it would be beneficial for you guys to email SPC stressing how much you all need camber kits. He said phone calls are great and all, but if they have enough hard copy emails, they can then gauge how much the product is in demand. I am going to be sending off a few emails myself to aid in the process.

Just figured I would bring you guys up to speed on this issue.
Old 07-08-09, 02:25 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by THMotor
I have not forgot about you guys. We had John, Director of Sales for SPC in our office today to talk about a few things. Camber kits for the 3GS was one of the things I stressed to him. We talked for a bit, and I showed him this thread as well.

He is going to be talking to the engineers at SPC to see what can be done. According to him, it would be beneficial for you guys to email SPC stressing how much you all need camber kits. He said phone calls are great and all, but if they have enough hard copy emails, they can then gauge how much the product is in demand. I am going to be sending off a few emails myself to aid in the process.

Just figured I would bring you guys up to speed on this issue.
i already emailed SPC back in april (see my post above). i hope my initial email helped.

on a side note, someone who have connections with jdm vip tuners in asia (japan for example) should be given the heads up, and have them send email to SPC too. it would greatly accelerate the process of getting camber kits built (ie: camber kits for 3GS is a worldwide market, not just for north american mkt).

Last edited by Stormforge; 07-08-09 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-08-09, 05:30 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will send emails to them as well. We have to get something going here.
Old 07-08-09, 08:10 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I was e mailed by a shop in town asking if I wanted to be a test car for new camber arms. I didnt reply. I dont have a problem getting 17-18K out of a set of Falken FK452's. I suggest you switch tires to something with a hire tread wear rating and try to have the tires flipped every 10K.

If they make a set of camber arms I am all over it. I want to save my tires as much as the next guy. It would be pretty cool to get 40K out of a set of tires on a dropped car

Last edited by I8ABMR; 07-08-09 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-09-09, 08:10 AM
spine911
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I was e mailed by a shop in town asking if I wanted to be a test car for new camber arms. I didnt reply.

If they make a set of camber arms I am all over it. I want to save my tires as much as the next guy. It would be pretty cool to get 40K out of a set of tires on a dropped car
^^ I was the one who emailed you.......I am trying to get a list of potential Az CL members for the RevengeMotosports camber kit R&D ( Revenge is moving from ElCajon, Ca to Phoenix, Az in August ).

Arizona CL member IOCCA will loan his AWD for the initial Camber Kit R&D.
(Thanks...Iocca).

**Phoenix Az GS3 owners pls check out the RevengeMotorsports R&D thread under the 3GS "suspension" subforum for details
Old 07-14-09, 03:39 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sinister2c
if you have straight toe...you can go about 15k before flipping and run them another 15k on the good inner thread.

I go about 18k on my rears before I flipped them and there was still meat on the inside so I'm hoping to get 35k-40k on the Yoko ES100 on my rear.

I'm hoping to get the same on my fronts but I think they will bubble like all the other 245/30 I seen before they get to that mileage.

OP if you are in Tampa...take the 3 hour drive to Miami Chassis, $300 they will straighten your camber back to factory specs. All my friends with 3GS all got it done and they wear tires straight across like its supposed to. they are all lowered on Tanebe DF210
Ahh Miami Chassis. They still in business. A few buddies of mines used them back in the day.I give them a call. I'm about due for a Florida road trip might as we take care of it then.

Quick Reply: why we need Camber kits ASAP!!! **pics**