GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

why we need Camber kits ASAP!!! **pics**

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-09, 06:56 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spine911
^^ I was the one who emailed you.......I am trying to get a list of potential Az CL members for the RevengeMotosports camber kit R&D ( Revenge is moving from ElCajon, Ca to Phoenix, Az in August ).

Arizona CL member IOCCA will loan his AWD for the initial Camber Kit R&D.
(Thanks...Iocca).

**Phoenix Az GS3 owners pls check out the RevengeMotorsports R&D thread under the 3GS "suspension" subforum for details
pmed u again regarding this. as soon as they get to az, im ready for them.
Old 07-15-09, 05:43 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Just curious how this shop is able to straighten the camber back to factor specs for $300? What do they do?

Originally Posted by sinister2c
if you have straight toe...you can go about 15k before flipping and run them another 15k on the good inner thread.

I go about 18k on my rears before I flipped them and there was still meat on the inside so I'm hoping to get 35k-40k on the Yoko ES100 on my rear.

I'm hoping to get the same on my fronts but I think they will bubble like all the other 245/30 I seen before they get to that mileage.

OP if you are in Tampa...take the 3 hour drive to Miami Chassis, $300 they will straighten your camber back to factory specs. All my friends with 3GS all got it done and they wear tires straight across like its supposed to. they are all lowered on Tanebe DF210
Old 07-15-09, 10:18 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

i will try to email them also.. definitely need some camber kits.
Old 07-16-09, 09:05 PM
LMN_Sins
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The shop that corrects the camber for $300 (miami chassis) does it by relocating bolts that deal with the camber and then realigning it back to spec.. i have it done to my car and i have not had an issues. except with my front tires but they did run for 10k plus until i flipped them, but my rears were like new still... i would give them a call and take the drive..
Old 07-16-09, 09:09 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LMNis250
The shop that corrects the camber for $300 (miami chassis) does it by relocating bolts that deal with the camber and then realigning it back to spec.. i have it done to my car and i have not had an issues. except with my front tires but they did run for 10k plus until i flipped them, but my rears were like new still... i would give them a call and take the drive..
relocating the bolts?!? how is that possible unless you drill a new hole somewhere? tell me that's not what you did!
Old 07-17-09, 08:52 AM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Although the intention is good this sounds bad. I wouldn't recommend relocating bolts, this may be unsafe and dangerous. You're better off purchasing a near similar component from Ingalls Engineering and modifying.
Old 07-17-09, 09:13 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

This doesn't sound safe. Seems to be only an interim solution.

I had a friend back in college 10 years ago who took his integra to an alignment shop to do some heating, bending, banging, etc to get the camber corrected. He was totally screwed when he had to bring it back up to stock because the camber was now positive. Apparently whatever they did to 'fix' the negative camber when dropped basically couldn't be undone and the parts needed to be replaced.
Old 07-17-09, 09:52 AM
spine911
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by telmz1
This doesn't sound safe. Seems to be only an interim solution.

I had a friend back in college 10 years ago who took his integra to an alignment shop to do some heating, bending, banging, etc to get the camber corrected. He was totally screwed when he had to bring it back up to stock because the camber was now positive. Apparently whatever they did to 'fix' the negative camber when dropped basically couldn't be undone and the parts needed to be replaced.
Nah, it they can still undo it--with MORE heating, bending, banging in the opposite direction....Yes, this is old school stuff-circa 1970/80s. The days when a K&N filter, with Magnaflows can bump another 10hp to a car; and cutting springs makes you VIP

Definitely NOT recommended.

**Let's be patient- we already have a CL vendor, and member willing to do the R&D for us in Arizona next month**
Old 07-17-09, 09:55 AM
LMN_Sins
Pole Position

It is very safe, all my friends with 3gs have done it and none of us have had any problems. And the bending and heating of suspension parts is the dangerous thing to do, the way we got it done sounds dangerous but my friends and I looked at it and its just as secure as stock, since they didn't heat and bend anything it can be put back to stock if needed...
Old 07-17-09, 09:59 AM
LMN_Sins
Pole Position

Most of the tire wear issues though can be fixed with a simple alignment because with the lowering of our car suspension the toe is completely thrown off ,the alignment is not a perfect fix cause it will still wear but not as fast...
Old 07-17-09, 10:08 AM
spine911
Lead Lap

It is very safe, all my friends with 3gs have done it and none of us have had any problems. And the bending and heating of suspension parts is the dangerous thing to do, the way we got it done sounds dangerous but my friends and I looked at it and its just as secure as stock, since they didn't heat and bend anything it can be put back to stock if needed...
Now you got my attention after you mentioned that there is NO heating.

Would you be able to describe in detail how they do this "adjustment"?,

Detailed pictures would definitely help...

I am assuming they are changing the orientation of essential suspension bolts to adjust the camber? Is drilling involved?
Old 07-17-09, 12:29 PM
LMN_Sins
Pole Position

I'm not 100% sure on what they do but I was very specific on asking if they were heating or bending anything and the technician was very up front and told me he wasn't going to be bending anything and gave me details on it, its just been so long ago that I don't remeber the details.. your best bet is to call them at miami chassis in miami. I also watched them the whole time tosee what they did to make sure no heat and bending was occuring
Old 07-17-09, 01:10 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by spine911
Now you got my attention after you mentioned that there is NO heating.

Would you be able to describe in detail how they do this "adjustment"?,

Detailed pictures would definitely help...

I am assuming they are changing the orientation of essential suspension bolts to adjust the camber? Is drilling involved?
there are only 2 possibilities that i can think of:

1) drill new hole to mount the relocated bolts; or
2) fabricate a new bracket for the relocated bolts to attach to, with the bracket bolted to the original bolt location
Old 07-17-09, 01:16 PM
spine911
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stormforge
there are only 2 possibilities that i can think of:

1) drill new hole to mount the relocated bolts; or
2) fabricate a new bracket for the relocated bolts to attach to, with the bracket bolted to the original bolt location
You read my mind Storm...If it is something else beyond what you mentioned, I am all ears to this