GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

why we need Camber kits ASAP!!! **pics**

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-09, 09:06 AM
TampaGSVip
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry why we need Camber kits ASAP!!! **pics**

so i just had to replaced my tires and like everything else with lexus they weren't cheap.. $1200 for a set plus $125 to mount them. the bad part is i can't get my alignment done correctly, (and i have already try multiple performance alignment locations) because the camber wont adjust to this size tires. im pretty sure SOMEONE knows someone who can build a camber kit for us Lexus owners who enjoy to customize our cars..

i can't imagine me going through a set of tires again and this happening, i sill just have to go back to stock which will be so boring. SO PLEASE SOMEONE HELP..

i have the alignment specifications if interested in seen them, the camber's are so off!!!

Staggered multi-piece wheels
tires specs.

Front 245 35 19
Rear 275 30 19

you can really see in the picture the damage it caused to the interior of the tires, specially the back ones.

I live in Florida and im willing to donate my car for measurements if theres any local in state-Buzn willing to custom make them for us so we can all obtain a camber kit
Attached Thumbnails why we need Camber kits ASAP!!! **pics**-tires-1.jpg   why we need Camber kits ASAP!!! **pics**-tires-2.jpg   why we need Camber kits ASAP!!! **pics**-car.jpg  
Old 06-04-09, 09:08 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

hmm...maybe next time u need to flip the tires from RL to RR and etc.
Old 06-04-09, 09:23 AM
TampaGSVip
Driver School Candidate

wish i could but couldn't since they are staggered and 1 way rotation tires..
Old 06-04-09, 09:32 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

those rears look awful. How many miles on them ?
Old 06-04-09, 09:34 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

yea they are one way but u can swap from the left side to the right side in the backs to even out the wear. say every 3k miles u swap the tires..they dont look like they have a inside/outside. thats what i have to do.
Old 06-04-09, 09:35 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

if i recall correctly, revenge motorsports in california offered to make camber kits for us. they just need a california GS owner to volunteer their car for a couple of days. so far no takers. do a search, i've tried to bring attention to this forum, but it's fallen on deaf ears.
Old 06-04-09, 09:37 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

^^ People in Cali are not interested I think maybe they have more $, can afford to buy tires more often lol
Old 06-04-09, 09:46 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
if i recall correctly, revenge motorsports in california offered to make camber kits for us. they just need a california GS owner to volunteer their car for a couple of days. so far no takers. do a search, i've tried to bring attention to this forum, but it's fallen on deaf ears.
yea and their only a couple hours away from some people and they ***** about having to drive there. hell if they were a couple hours from me, id defintily give them my car.
Old 06-04-09, 10:08 AM
TampaGSVip
Driver School Candidate

REPLY TO SNiiP3R - "those rears look awful. How many miles on them ? "

ABOUT 17K MILES

REPLY TO Stormforge - IM TRYING TO HELP YOU OUT WITH THIS FORUM, HOPEFULLY THE PICTURES WILL HELP SOMEONE MAKE UP THERE MIND AND BRING THE CAR DOWN TO THE SHOP BEFORE THIS HAPPESNS TO THEM AND AS WELL AS HELP ALL OF US OUT.
Old 06-04-09, 10:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TampaGSVip
wish i could but couldn't since they are staggered and 1 way rotation tires..
that's why you need to flip the tires left and right. mount the left tire on the right, and vise versa. that's very typical for a lot of lowered cars. on my previous set of t1r, i flipped them and i was able to get 20k miles out of them

when i changed them out finally, the outside treads were all done already but middle is practically brand new.

just the price you pay for looking nice

one thing about camber kits to keep in mind. for those who have wheels maybe on bit aggressive side, with camber kits you might start running into rubbing issues, depending on the camber kit design
Old 06-04-09, 10:51 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

yea but then it gets to become a pain if you have directional tires. now you have to go to the wheel shop every 3k or so to get your tires flopped. guess like everyone says, its the price you pay.
Old 06-04-09, 10:55 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

what causes this issue? severe lowering? staggered wheels? combination of both? wheels that are "too big" for the car?
Old 06-04-09, 11:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
yea but then it gets to become a pain if you have directional tires. now you have to go to the wheel shop every 3k or so to get your tires flopped. guess like everyone says, its the price you pay.
every 3k that's way too excessive imho. i did mine at 10k mark and it was still ok, though this time around i probably do it at 9k mark. dismounting and remounting (also balancing) takes me about 45 mins, worth it i guess

think of it this way, on big size tires like these, most of them are either directional or asymmetric. don't recall seeing tires of these sizes that are non-directional symmetric (that i'd pay money for). i'd rather have directional tires and able to flip them and get "double" the life, than asymmetric where i really can't do ANYTHING at all

Originally Posted by jtrue28
what causes this issue? severe lowering? staggered wheels? combination of both? wheels that are "too big" for the car?
lowering

also keep in mind, even with STOCK wheels and STOCK height, you will develop inside wear over time, since cars all come with a bit negative camber. of course, i don't expect as severe as this
Old 06-04-09, 11:10 AM
TampaGSVip
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Its been lower on Eibach pro kits 1.2" , i didnt realized how severe the damage was until 1 month to late, so i couldt rotate them anymore.

thanks for the option but
Im concern about the flipping the tires inner to outter shoulders, it comes out costy every 3k miles that will be around 6-7 times a year, around $300 - $400 just to be able to get a few extra k miles on it, eventually it will be the same cost as just wearing them out to the max. and not to count the time and headache you will need to spend at the wheel shop for them to do the work and hopefully not damage your rims or pressure sensors.
Old 06-04-09, 11:17 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
every 3k that's way too excessive imho. i did mine at 10k mark and it was still ok, though this time around i probably do it at 9k mark. dismounting and remounting (also balancing) takes me about 45 mins, worth it i guess

think of it this way, on big size tires like these, most of them are either directional or asymmetric. don't recall seeing tires of these sizes that are non-directional symmetric (that i'd pay money for). i'd rather have directional tires and able to flip them and get "double" the life, than asymmetric where i really can't do ANYTHING at all
i dont disagree with you at all. i never had to flop tires before so i didnt know what the average miles is before you turn them (obviously it will depend on your tires too). if its say every 9k, i wouldnt mind then since i probably only drive my car a total of 5k a year any way. id much rather spend 45 mins and 60 bucks at the tire shop then have to spend nearly 1000 on new tires.

Quick Reply: why we need Camber kits ASAP!!! **pics**