GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Pictures of before and after NF210

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-09, 09:41 AM
DCNASER
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, your wheels look similar to mine. Mine is Medator red with 20" MHT DUB bombers. I also noticed that the wheel sit better now. I mean they look after few weeks. I don't know what changed but they look better. So I need to align it now? Geeeeez.
Old 06-12-09, 09:48 AM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
38 is a good safe offset, that's fine. You won't have headaches after lowering if you get the 245-30 series tires. With this tire size you will also be able to ride people in the back seat. Trust me. But it doesn't sound like you really wanted to lower it anyway. Not now. Since you thought about it, you will one day. No rush.

On another note...some of you guys should not be giving advice. It's not correct which leads people the wrong way. I'm not going to point at any particular person so don't try to bait me....just uttering my .02 cents. I still have love for ya.
ICE,
I won't bait you but since you use an expression (.02 cents) that I used to I start my comment I will assume that your talking about me. I would welcome correction if I have misrepresented something or someone else on this forum. I think it's important to have accurate information to help us make informed decision so if it requires pointing then point away provided its done in a constructive manner.

RG
Old 06-12-09, 10:06 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DCNASER
Wow I go to work and come back and lots of responses already!! Awww. I see what all of you mean. I have few questions:
1- I have the same issue, I hear it rub when I go in reverse, from the back tires. The front as you said also rubs only when you turn all the way, but that is lessening as the plastic is molding to the shape.
2-Does installing the NF210 require a specialty? I have few people who can do it if it isn't complicated. Is it a matter of R & R of springs? How do these springs just lower the vehicle while keeping right and not makng it rub? I mean practically. Are they curved or just shorter?
3- Should $500 be decent for the NF210's installed?
2 - only thing really is a spring compressor which you can buy for either 30 bucks or rent from autozone for free. other than that, simple socket tools will do the job. air tools would be easier but its not needed

3 - 500 could be close. again it all goes back to whatever shop you take it to. each shop has different rates. i couldnt image it costing more than 300 to get them installed which is figured at a $75 an hour shop rate (1 hour per corner x 4 corners x $75/hr)

Originally Posted by 1STLXS
ICE,
I won't bait you but since you use an expression (.02 cents) that I used to I start my comment I will assume that your talking about me. I would welcome correction if I have misrepresented something or someone else on this forum. I think it's important to have accurate information to help us make informed decision so if it requires pointing then point away provided its done in a constructive manner.

RG
i would have to agree with the above. if something is wrong, please by all means correct it. not only are you helping the op but also helping the person who has been misinformed.
Old 06-12-09, 10:41 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

500 to just install spring is not right...300 max
Old 06-12-09, 11:41 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Correct, $300 is the max, I got mine installed for $265 after haggling, they told me $300 at first. Hope this helps..
Old 06-12-09, 11:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I went the cheaper route and did springs and then had to drop the real money on a full Tein set up. The coilover route will be the only way I go for now on. Springs are for dress up only.
Old 06-13-09, 04:04 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1STLXS
ICE,

RG
No, I was't targeting you. You may have said something I don't agree with, I didn't look at the names of who said what. I wasn't targeting your expression. I'm not going back to see who said what. I just hope that people try to be more careful with giving advice. I don't intend to get into a problem. I want to be supportive.
Old 06-13-09, 05:27 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I went the cheaper route and did springs and then had to drop the real money on a full Tein set up. The coilover route will be the only way I go for now on. Springs are for dress up only.
agreed. I'll never do springs. I've seen too many people not happy or want to change their drop after a few months. Coilovers make it simple to adjust
Old 06-14-09, 07:06 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
agreed. I'll never do springs. I've seen too many people not happy or want to change their drop after a few months. Coilovers make it simple to adjust
I concur completely.
I used coilovers in the past and enjoyed them thoroughly.
I tried springs this time and I am not thrilled with the result.
It's just a lowered stock ride. Coilovers change the handling of the car quite a bit. I won't make this mistake again.
Old 06-14-09, 07:42 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I concur completely.
I used coilovers in the past and enjoyed them thoroughly.
I tried springs this time and I am not thrilled with the result.
It's just a lowered stock ride. Coilovers change the handling of the car quite a bit. I won't make this mistake again.
x4, save up some extra cash, and get the bc coilovers.
Old 06-14-09, 08:54 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i will do coilover when recession is over
Old 06-15-09, 04:35 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yes - ordering the BC AWD coilovers today
Old 06-15-09, 08:03 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Iocca
x4, save up some extra cash, and get the bc coilovers.
WHo or what are bc coils?
You think they are better than Teins?
Have you used Teins?
Gimme some more info.
Old 06-15-09, 08:15 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

^^ BC coilovers are the only options that us AWD owners have if we want coilovers.
Old 06-15-09, 08:29 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yessir. google BC racing or circuit motorsports to get info and specs. i very nearly ordered RWD springs (tanabe NF or DF) and chanced the vibration issues, but now that we have an option specifically designed for AWD there really is no reason to mess with springs. everyone i have spoken with in reference to Tein has had nothing but good things to say, but i cannot vouch as i have not used any of their products.

Quick Reply: Pictures of before and after NF210