GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

F-SPORT parts worthy of money??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-09, 08:15 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default F-SPORT parts worthy of money??

i know f-sport parts out on sale now just wondering if worthy of money..like intake, spring, and exhaust..just get tanabe or K&n intake for better price.. do u guys think performance would be way better with f-sport???
Old 06-15-09, 08:58 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lims407
i know f-sport parts out on sale now just wondering if worthy of money..like intake, spring, and exhaust..just get tanabe or K&n intake for better price.. do u guys think performance would be way better with f-sport???
you make a valid point, you could probably pick up tanabe springs and K&N intake for cheaper. but would you retain factory warranty IF these parts broke down for whatever reason? dealer will laugh at you all the way out the door. highly unlikely tanabe or K&N will cause damage, but that is the risk of installing aftermarket parts.

now f-sport charges a premium but you get to retain factory warranty and get better performance. if anything breaks, you are covered because it is a lexus part, was installed by lexus mechanics.

and if you consider that only f-sport makes sways for the GS, it's a no brainer that you will get better performance.
Old 06-15-09, 09:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I think the fact that Lexus backs the parts and also designed the parts is enough to inspire confidence in the parts for me. They are all competitvely priced ( relatively)
Old 06-15-09, 11:06 PM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im getting the tanabe and k&n for my 07 gs350 but considering getting the sway bars
Old 06-16-09, 12:25 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the Tanabe Medalion exhaust but going to get the F-Sport intake. Best of both worlds
Old 06-16-09, 06:11 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I think the fact that Lexus backs the parts and also designed the parts is enough to inspire confidence in the parts for me. They are all competitvely priced ( relatively)
Agreed. I will try my best to support Lexus and F-sport parts so they continue to build and hopefully expand parts.
Old 06-16-09, 07:28 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

i just got the f-sport intake today and installed it..

it can cost less if you just buy the joe Z intake pipe w/ drop-in filter. Performance wise, there's not much difference imo.. but like mentioned above, i like the idea of retaining factory warranty, just in case.. i prob didn't get this intake if it wasn't on sale, 390 for just intake pipe and drop-in filter is too much...
Old 06-16-09, 10:37 PM
derricklee
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stvincent
i just got the f-sport intake today and installed it..

it can cost less if you just buy the joe Z intake pipe w/ drop-in filter. Performance wise, there's not much difference imo.. but like mentioned above, i like the idea of retaining factory warranty, just in case.. i prob didn't get this intake if it wasn't on sale, 390 for just intake pipe and drop-in filter is too much...
where did you guys order the F sport intake. how much does it cost ?
Old 06-16-09, 10:47 PM
krava
Lead Lap

I was going to start a post like this myself. For example is there any difference between a f-sport exaust and a regular one? I know that when I had a corvette it was a major difference between the corsca pace car exaust and the stock one also supposed to added a little HP too. Sewell lexus deal is a great deal and don't want to miss that if I am going to upgrade. But what is worth it? I don't want to go down the street with a loud pipe like some ricer car
Old 06-17-09, 01:07 AM
stvincent
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by derricklee
where did you guys order the F sport intake. how much does it cost ?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...available.html
Old 06-17-09, 09:23 AM
derricklee
Driver

Thanks, wow......super deal. 32% off on F sport parts. How do you feel difference after install F intake? does pedal gets better respond? is it lound?
Thanks. want to order one tonight. and awy bar ....maybe
Old 06-17-09, 09:34 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

I am gonna get those Sway Bar for sure........
Old 06-17-09, 11:56 AM
jreby95
Driver School Candidate

Also has any installed the new f-sport exhaust? Does it now sound like the ISF (constant deep hum) or does the sound only kick in when you punch it? I like the how quiet the GS is normally and would not want to ruin that but a deep boom when you hit the gas would be great. This being my first real performance car, I might be asking for the impossible.
Old 06-17-09, 01:06 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

dont think anybody would spent that much for f exhaust..looks just like tanabe and probably works same..
Old 06-17-09, 03:24 PM
dmjay
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mesca
I got the Tanabe Medalion exhaust but going to get the F-Sport intake. Best of both worlds
I'll be doing the same. I already got the tanabe medalion and i Love it. I know some are very cautious about warranty...but the tanabe is an axleback system...there is no way it could effect warranty in my mind.

Quick Reply: F-SPORT parts worthy of money??