GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Canadian GS owners who want F-Sport parts - please read this

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-09, 12:05 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Canadian GS owners who want F-Sport parts - please read this

i got off the phone with my local lexus dealer. f-sport parts purchased from a canadian lexus dealer and installed by same will only give you one year warranty on parts and labour. the only way to get f-sport parts for the balance of the factory warranty (as provided by lexus usa) is IF you bought your gs with f-sport parts installed at time of vehicle purchase. there is no other way.

purchasing f-sport parts from usa and having your local lexus dealer install it will not give you the one year warranty, so don't bother (i've already asked).

i've also called lexus usa and inquired if i were to buy f-sport parts for a canadian spec lexus, and have a us lexus dealer install the parts, would i get the comprehensive warranty (balance of factory warranty). they declined to provide an answer, and said i would have to talk to lexus canada (and we know what lexus canada will say - same as what my local dealer told me).

those of you who are hoping to get balance of factory warranty on f-sport parts will be disappointed. based on the facts provided, there is no incentive to purchase f-sport parts from your local dealer (guaranteed to be much more expensive than US f-sport prices). you might as well try to get the best price possible down south and have your local speed shop install the parts for you.

it sucks that we can't even get the same warranty as lexus usa!
Old 06-17-09, 01:34 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, time for a rant...

What a rip off...Lexus is really milking us here and providing very little in return compared to the US.
Dealerships are crap - small and cramped to old and looking like a used car place. Most salespeople are worse than the ones in used car sales (there are some very good people too, but I went to every single dealer around here and most were bad). Toyota has better or equal showrooms and dealerships! My local dealer has the showroom in a cramped space that barely fits all the cars. The service centre is a 10 - 15 minute drive through a maze of street and construction sites.

Amenities while car is being serviced are a joke. Just coffee and TV. We used to have a Chevy Blazer way back, and there was the exact same service. Also had the same thing with Honda.
The difference? About $130 for the same treatment. I believe the GM dealer washed all cars as well. A Toyota dealer in Ontario (pics on this forum somewhere) had way more amenities and services offered at their dealership/service center. The only decent one is about half an hour drive away...while my nearest one is 10 mins and I could walk/bus back. They should all provide the exact same service, especially considering they charge more for cars here (I could have bought my GS from the US for at least $5-10k less when I bought it).
Not to mention the service people have no clue about anything that is not an ES, RX, or IS. I asked if the trunk was working correctly and the guy said he would ask someone who he thinks owns a 99 GS...I know more about the car than these guys!

The loaners are always an ES...I'd rather have any other Lexus since I hate the suspension setup on it. The ES is always a base model which is in fair condition at best and with a huge logo on the side. Am I getting paid to drive this? Not to mention the colour is always pink or some other weird one nobody will buy.

Next time I am going to Toyota for oil changes...its only 2 mins away and I pay only $50-$60 max.

Overall, I am seriously pissed at Lexus for providing substandard service and sales. I doubt I will buy another Lexus at a Canadian dealer unless it's a really good bargain. Will never go for oil changes at Lexus, however.

Last edited by ivanz; 06-17-09 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-17-09, 01:47 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

sorry to hear about your bad experiences; however can we get back on topic, which is limited warranty coverage for f-sport parts for canadian gs owners.
Old 06-17-09, 01:59 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't have a bad experience (apart from buying), just venting on how they are cutting corners wherever and whenever they can. This is exactly why there is no proper F-Sport warranty for the GS...Lexus Canada is cutting corners in order to save money. Just like how dealers are cutting amenities and other things in order to increase profits. It is all part of the same problem, which is a huge decrease in customer service and the Lexus "experience" as a whole.
As someone who is a GS owner in Canada (very few to begin with) and someone wanting F-Sport accessories (a very tiny percentage of an already tiny number of GSs sold in Canada) we are getting swept under the rug in order to cut costs. Pure and simple.
Old 06-17-09, 02:09 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by ivanz
I didn't have a bad experience (apart from buying), just venting on how they are cutting corners wherever and whenever they can. This is exactly why there is no proper F-Sport warranty for the GS...Lexus Canada is cutting corners in order to save money. Just like how dealers are cutting amenities and other things in order to increase profits. It is all part of the same problem, which is a huge decrease in customer service and the Lexus "experience" as a whole.
As someone who is a GS owner in Canada (very few to begin with) and someone wanting F-Sport accessories (a very tiny percentage of an already tiny number of GSs sold in Canada) we are getting swept under the rug in order to cut costs. Pure and simple.
ah, gotcha! your point taken!
Old 06-17-09, 02:35 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I am assuming that if you purchase F Sport products (e.g. springs) from Lexus USA (or anyone else other than Lexus Canada) and have them installed by a local shop, the springs will still have a 1 year parts warranty? And this will void only the manufacturer's warranty on the suspension bits (i.e. the "bumper to bumper" applies to everything else other than suspension)?

When are the parts going on sale? I want to get the F Sport springs so my insurance company can't give me any excuses for "modifications" to the car (since I'm using Lexus parts).

P.S. The Lexus dealership I got my car from will give you free breakfast/lunch and will wash your car whenever you bring it in. Having said all that, I still don't think they're that great. They never give me a loaner car for warranty work (I guess they don't have to).
Old 06-17-09, 02:50 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by RudeDoggy
So I am assuming that if you purchase F Sport products (e.g. springs) from Lexus USA (or anyone else other than Lexus Canada) and have them installed by a local shop, the springs will still have a 1 year parts warranty? And this will void only the manufacturer's warranty on the suspension bits (i.e. the "bumper to bumper" applies to everything else other than suspension)?
lexus canada will not provide warranty on the f-sport springs installed by a local shop; in order to retain the 1 year lexus canada f-sport parts/labour warranty, you must buy from lexus canada dealership, and have them install it too. yes, the warranty for the rest of the car remains the same, only the f-sport part that you swapped in will be limited to one year. bumper to bumper comprehensive warranty for the rest of the car remains the same.

now i'm assuming that if you bought the springs from lexus usa and have the springs installed by a local shop, lexus usa would only provide the 1 year parts warranty. but i'm not 100% sure because the warranty is really for US GS owners.

Originally Posted by RudeDoggy
When are the parts going on sale? I want to get the F Sport springs so my insurance company can't give me any excuses for "modifications" to the car (since I'm using Lexus parts).
my service advisor told me lexus canada is planning on introducing f-sport parts for canadian consumers approx. 3 months after the US introduction of f-sport parts. but it is not guaranteed, it could be longer.

Last edited by Stormforge; 06-17-09 at 02:55 PM.