GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Some pics of my ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-09, 01:19 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DjVolume
im in bucks county a few min away from northeat philly where can we meet?
im going to jersey tomorrow to get some quote on getting wheels fixed. only other time i could help you would be early next week either mon-wed. one of those days though ill be doing my suspension. if you want to come down to my place in brookhaven where ill be (about 15 mins south of philly) ill grab a heat gun from work. doesnt take long at all.

if you want to do it yourself its pretty simple. get a heat gun to loosen up the glue behind the trim. take fishing line and move it in a see-saw motion to "cut thru" the glue. the smaller back pillars (approx 1/2" wide) you can pretty much cut the glue all the way down. for the main pillars on the doors, i got it started about an inch or so and bent it down so i could grab it with a cloth and pull it off from there. its double side stick tape and pretty much most of the tape came off when i did that. no damage done to the pillar at all.
Old 06-23-09, 01:27 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is a typical example of trying way too hard!!

like others have said.....theres way too many themes going on here. and all those "$50 dollar" mods make the car look cheap.

my advice.....although it probly doesnt matter....would be take off the front plate, the chrome pillars, and the F-Sport badge. the car will look a lot cleaner. then save up for some nice wheels and a mild drop. "Nice" wheels are NOT bought at your local tire shop and most often have to be ordered and made to your car specifications.

I do like the black roof but think the antenna should be addressed somehow. ive wanted to do mine for a while, just havent got around to it.

you have almost the top of the line GS so were not talkin about a $25K Honda Civic here. the car deserves top of the line parts
Old 06-23-09, 01:59 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

mann put some 22s and u good
Old 06-23-09, 02:00 PM
DjVolume
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHA thanks but im thinking more of 19" f-sport
Old 06-23-09, 02:47 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

oh yea, itd be nicer if ur roof was glossy
Old 06-23-09, 03:10 PM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

whats up with you and 22's now Lims? LOL

Originally Posted by lims407
mann put some 22s and u good
Old 06-23-09, 05:05 PM
Lietuva
Driver School Candidate

DjVolume. I love your car. In my opinion is excellent!!!
Old 06-23-09, 05:26 PM
DjVolume
Driver

Originally Posted by lietuva
djvolume. I love your car. In my opinion is excellent!!!
thank u !!!finally someone else likes it!
Old 06-23-09, 07:24 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ReyRey305
whats up with you and 22's now Lims? LOL
22s or die!!!!
Old 06-23-09, 09:38 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vuiskool
oh yea, itd be nicer if ur roof was glossy
DJ,
Thanks for sharing your pics with us. Ultimately, as some have already said, it's what you like. If your goal is to turn heads then take some of the constructive advice some of posted and make some changes. You have a beautiful canvas to start with just don't ruin it. I agree add some nice wheels, lose the chrome pillars. I considered doing my roof black but would want it glossy, looks cleaner that way. Another thought post some better pics that might be some of the problem and we're not getting what you see in person. Anyway nice car good luck with your mods.

Keep us posted on any new items

RG
Attached Thumbnails Some pics of my ride-blackroof2.jpg  
Old 06-23-09, 09:42 PM
DjVolume
Driver

thanks RG, chrome will come off sometime this week carbon fiber will go on, as far as rims i dunno what to do i wana get the 19 f sport but noone helps out with awd springs i think they will not look good with out a drop
Old 06-23-09, 09:52 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

thanks RG, chrome will come off sometime this week carbon fiber will go on, as far as rims i dunno what to do i wana get the 19 f sport but noone helps out with awd springs i think they will not look good with out a drop
Have you considered Coilovers, there is a thread posted about some company that has made BC coilovers for the AWD, from what i've read AWD owners have had issues with springs. I'm no expert in this so would have to point you in that direction. Here is the link:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ease-read.html

Also if you want to see what your car looks like with a particular wheel and lowered for that matter go to the photoshop link on this forum and post a pic of your car and wheel and ask someone to photoshop it for you. This will help in getting a visual of what your car would look like. I would probably recommend you ask Dunnojack. He is the master at this and was very helpful. He's a straight shooter and tells it like it is. In fact my first selection of wheel he dogged it bad but I'm glad because in the end I would have been unhappy with that particular wheel. So expect some feedback but he's the best at Photoshop.

RG
Old 06-23-09, 10:15 PM
DjVolume
Driver

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 1STLXS
Have you considered Coilovers, there is a thread posted about some company that has made BC coilovers for the AWD, from what i've read AWD owners have had issues with springs. I'm no expert in this so would have to point you in that direction. Here is the link:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ease-read.html

Also if you want to see what your car looks like with a particular wheel and lowered for that matter go to the photoshop link on this forum and post a pic of your car and wheel and ask someone to photoshop it for you. This will help in getting a visual of what your car would look like. I would probably recommend you ask Dunnojack. He is the master at this and was very helpful. He's a straight shooter and tells it like it is. In fact my first selection of wheel he dogged it bad but I'm glad because in the end I would have been unhappy with that particular wheel. So expect some feedback but he's the best at Photoshop.

RG
RG thanks for the help i dunno if i wanna go with coilover, car is leased but am thinking of buying it off unless they come out with new body or some mods that will just make me buy the 2010 model. deff good advice about photoshop ill try to ask him we'll c what he says ill post some pics if he can do that
Old 06-24-09, 07:36 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Take off chrome pillars...
Put carbon fiber pillars on...

Take off the license plate in the front

F-Sport style wheels and a drop would be a nice compliment.

Less is more...
Old 06-24-09, 07:52 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jre002
Take off the license plate in the front

yeah, i would take off the front plate and put color-matched plugs in the holes

Quick Reply: Some pics of my ride