GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2 F Sport intake options???

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-09, 09:51 AM
DjVolume
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u can make that lower box urself just cut an extra hole in the box and instal it
Old 07-08-09, 08:48 PM
Arantant
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you guys sure that the Option 1 is for the 3GS?? Maybe its only for the 2IS?
Old 07-09-09, 06:19 AM
dentalstud
Rookie

Default Lexus F-Sport 3GS Performance Cold Air Intake

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par...d=203883&all=Y

Directly from Sewell Lexus:
Breathing, improved. The F-Sport Performance Air Intake incorporates the existing Lexus filter enclosure top, but replaces the critical bottom half with a specially designed and reshaped intake which produces a deeper, more powerful intake sound that varies with throttle applications and generates a small increase in rear wheel horsepower. Fully compatible with the stock engine controls, it’s specifically engineered to be emission-legal in all 50 states

Power increase of up to 3%.

Applies to V-6 models only
Lower intake box not included

Our Concerns:
Prior to purchasing the 3GS Cold Air Intake from Sewell, I and many other members of this forum were under the impression that we would receive the whole kit (lower intake box, air filter, and polished tube). The description even states that the upper portion of the box will be incorporated, but the lower "critical" bottom half with a "special design" and "reshaped to produce power" is fully negated by the "lower intake box not included." Therefore, one is to ask, "for the same price as the 2IS, the 3GS does NOT receive the "critical" part that actually "produces a powerful sound and generates horsepower?"

Things that 3GS owners believe should be addressed:
There seems to be a consensus that 3GS owners are being cheated of an additional plastic part (cheap to mass produce) that would satisfy (peace of mind) and complete the Cold Air Intake system (as described). This part SHOULD BE included and would give justice to the consumers.

Argument:
Why not include an additional line or two describing a turbo kit and the amount of RWHP that it would produce after the intake's description and then tag on a "lower intake box and turbo kit not included" statement. This surely would make more sense would it not? (rhetorical question)
Old 07-09-09, 07:59 AM
stvincent
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

i agree.. when i got my intake, i was wondering why it was called 'cold' air intake.. oh well..
Old 07-09-09, 09:43 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep..I was expecting to find the lower intake box as well.
Old 07-11-09, 03:21 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

There are 3 different cold air intake options we offer as we know them.

2IS cold air intake kit: http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par...d=197091&all=Y

2IS filter and box: http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par...d=202693&all=Y. This option, we only created for those who felt opening their hood would be a annual event - we simply removed the F-Sport intake pipe and only applies to the 2IS.

3GS cold air intake kit: http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par...d=203883&all=Y. Only just recently have we (Sewell) learned the 3GS air intake kit include just a pipe and filter. We too fee this is disappointing. The day this was discovered, we contacted Lexus about the potential issues we would all face comparing this to the 2IS cold air intake kit.

As for what was in our "ad". I just saw the error and have changed the description. In the first paragraph it described the lower intake box being included whereas in the very last line, in bold type and in red it stated lower intake box not included. This conflict in description would be my fault. Once I discovered the lake of lower intake box, I added the "not included" snippet but obviously failed to comprehend the initial paragraph. I'm sorry guys.

For those of you who feel a refund is in order, I would gladly send anyone a prepaid FedEx return services label for the return of the 3GS air intake kit and issue an immediate refund upon receipt.

As for Lexus actually making a lower intake box - everyone will need to keep their fingers crossed.

Darrel
ddiller@sewell.com
Old 07-11-09, 03:28 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Darrel your great! Thumbs to our best OEM vendor on CL. The chicago group really appreciates all you do.

Can't wit for those sway bars!!
Old 07-11-09, 03:51 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by passnu2
Darrel your great! Thumbs to our best OEM vendor on CL. The chicago group really appreciates all you do.

Can't wit for those sway bars!!
Mike - I certainly appreciate the vote of confidence. A thumbs up to all you who are in this with us!

I did have to double check myself however and verified the discrepancy in the description on the F-Sport site. Here's the latest ad that remains to give no insight into the "missing box" for the 3GS...
Old 07-12-09, 11:56 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am planning to go in tomorrow and order the intake and the shift ****. I guess I am going to screwed as well. Damn 390 dollars for an air filter and a tube . They are lucky they can pull this off. Most normal aftermarket lines cant ge that crazy, but because these are performance parts made by Lexus we pay a bit more for them

Last edited by I8ABMR; 07-13-09 at 12:00 AM.
Old 07-13-09, 06:57 AM
dentalstud
Rookie

i really want to keep the f-sport CAI, but just want to have the lower intake box issue resolved...in other words, give us the lower box and we'll be happy campers.. (false advertisement sucks!!)
Old 07-13-09, 10:42 AM
DjVolume
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by Lexus-Parts
There are 3 different cold air intake options we offer as we know them.

2IS cold air intake kit: http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par...d=197091&all=Y

2IS filter and box: http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par...d=202693&all=Y. This option, we only created for those who felt opening their hood would be a annual event - we simply removed the F-Sport intake pipe and only applies to the 2IS.

3GS cold air intake kit: http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par...d=203883&all=Y. Only just recently have we (Sewell) learned the 3GS air intake kit include just a pipe and filter. We too fee this is disappointing. The day this was discovered, we contacted Lexus about the potential issues we would all face comparing this to the 2IS cold air intake kit.

As for what was in our "ad". I just saw the error and have changed the description. In the first paragraph it described the lower intake box being included whereas in the very last line, in bold type and in red it stated lower intake box not included. This conflict in description would be my fault. Once I discovered the lake of lower intake box, I added the "not included" snippet but obviously failed to comprehend the initial paragraph. I'm sorry guys.

For those of you who feel a refund is in order, I would gladly send anyone a prepaid FedEx return services label for the return of the 3GS air intake kit and issue an immediate refund upon receipt.

As for Lexus actually making a lower intake box - everyone will need to keep their fingers crossed.

Darrel
ddiller@sewell.com
Darrel your the man but hey where is my credit? after all i call in with this problem! j/k
Old 07-13-09, 03:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

It is clearly false advertising. So when they do the CAI do they use the stock lower box and just replace the filter and the pipe ??? I was pissed after reading this thread and decided to hold off on the intake until they get this resolved. I still want the shift **** because the blue stitching will match the color of my car