GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

3GS wheel thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-21, 03:08 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by AspireXVIP
I run 19x8.5 +38 all around and run 255/35 Continental DWS tires. I have mine lowered on BC coilovers with 14k front and 12k rear springs. I rolled my fenders. I get some major rub when driving in the bay area. Im considering swapping to staggered wheels with my next setup and goin 30 series tires

Thanks for the feedback. How low is your car, are you tucking tire?

My car isn’t that low. I’ve got less than a two-finger gap so I’m thinking I may be okay with the setup I mentioned above.

If anyone else would like chime in, it’d be very much appreciated.
Old 03-10-21, 06:03 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Originally Posted by Seize
Fellas, It’s been a minute. Just picked up a 2007 GS450H. Looking to put some wheels on it.

The car is dropped on FSport springs with the rear fenders shaved and the front fenders rolled.

I plan on running a square setup with 19 x 10 with an offset of 38. Would 255/35 up front and 265/35 rear work with my current setup?

So I went ahead with this fitment and for the most part the front does rub but not as much as I thought it would. It only really rubs when backing up especially going down my driveway at an angle. But in most driving situations it doesn’t seem to rub at all. As far as where it’s rubbing occurs it’s looks like it’s only rubbing against the inner fender liners. I’m sure if I were lowered a bit more there would definitely be some major rubbing going on. I do plan on lowering it more with some coilovers so I do plan on going a size down from 255 in the front to 245.

Anyhow I thought I’d share a pic. Overall I’m really pleased of how the new wheels look on my ride! 👍

The wheels are Linea Corse LC818’s in Hyper Silver.

Old 03-10-21, 07:02 PM
AspireXVIP
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So I went ahead with this fitment and for the most part the front does rub but not as much as I thought it would. It only really rubs when backing up especially going down my driveway at an angle. But in most driving situations it doesn’t seem to rub at all. As far as where it’s rubbing occurs it’s looks like it’s only rubbing against the inner fender liners. I’m sure if I were lowered a bit more there would definitely be some major rubbing going on. I do plan on lowering it more with some coilovers so I do plan on going a size down from 255 in the front to 245.

Anyhow I thought I’d share a pic. Overall I’m really pleased of how the new wheels look on my ride! 👍

The wheels are Linea Corse LC818’s in Hyper Silver.
that looks super nice brotha. Very nice fitment. Who did your shaving on the rear? Im lowered on BC coilovers and i recommend you giving em a call. They work with you to meet your needs and the coilovers are super adjustable.
Old 03-18-21, 10:34 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

that looks super nice brotha. Very nice fitment. Who did your shaving on the rear? Im lowered on BC coilovers and i recommend you giving em a call. They work with you to meet your needs and the coilovers are super adjustable.

Thanks!

I’m not sure who shaved the fenders down. The fella I bought it from had it done when he had his wheels on there.

As for BC, they were one of my choices on my short list for coilovers as were Tein, HKS and Tanabe.

I took a different route and decided to go with Fortune Auto’s 500 series coilovers. Put my order in roughly about a week ago. If all goes well they should be here within the next two to three weeks.

Old 03-18-21, 10:45 AM
AspireXVIP
Driver School Candidate

Thanks!

I’m not sure who shaved the fenders down. The fella I bought it from had it done when he had his wheels on there.

As for BC, they were one of my choices on my short list for coilovers as were Tein, HKS and Tanabe.

I took a different route and decided to go with Fortune Auto’s 500 series coilovers. Put my order in roughly about a week ago. If all goes well they should be here within the next two to three weeks.
Fortune Auto does good work.. The guys over at Speed Academy used fortune auto coilovers on their 06 LS. Did you go with a custom spring rate? Also post more photos up. Im thinking of going staggered for my next set of wheels. At the moment, I have 19x8.5 on some 245/35. Im still debating goin 9.5 or 10 in the rear. Probably goin 9 up front. But id like to see more examples. What offset are those wheels?
Old 03-21-21, 03:48 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Fortune Auto does good work.. The guys over at Speed Academy used fortune auto coilovers on their 06 LS. Did you go with a custom spring rate? Also post more photos up. Im thinking of going staggered for my next set of wheels. At the moment, I have 19x8.5 on some 245/35. Im still debating goin 9.5 or 10 in the rear. Probably goin 9 up front. But id like to see more examples. What offset are those wheels?
I got in touch with Fortune Auto via email and told them that my car was going to be a daily driver and that I engage in spirited driving from time to time. Made it clear to them that my car was not going to see any track use whatsoever. With that being relayed to them they recommended I go with 12 kg up front and 8 kg in the rear. So that’s what I went with instead of the default rate they had listed on their site which is 10 kg up front and 6 kg in the rear.

As for my wheel and tire specs they are as follows - 19 x 10, +38 all around. Tires are Falken Azenis FK 510. 255/35/19 and 265/35/19.

As for pictures, I’ll be sure to take more sometime this week and I’ll post them up in the main discussion forum.
Old 03-21-21, 03:52 PM
AspireXVIP
Driver School Candidate

I got in touch with Fortune Auto via email and told them that my car was going to be a daily driver and that I engage in spirited driving from time to time. Made it clear to them that my car was not going to see any track use whatsoever. With that being relayed to them they recommended I go with 12 kg up front and 8 kg in the rear. So that’s what I went with instead of the default rate they had listed on their site which is 10 kg up front and 6 kg in the rear.

As for my wheel and tire specs they are as follows - 19 x 10, +38 all around. Tires are Falken Azenis FK 510. 255/35/19 and 265/35/19.

As for pictures, I’ll be sure to take more sometime this week and I’ll post them up in the main discussion forum.
Nice. Let us know how that spring rate works for you. I live in CA and when i spoke to the guys at BC they recommended 14k on the front and 12k on the rear. I may try a different spring rate when I send them back when they need to be rebuilt
Old 04-29-21, 04:30 PM
TomParr
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Im sexy and i know it"
Old 05-30-21, 06:12 AM
petershen
Pit Crew

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Very nice! Do you have more pics? I've always wanted to put 19x10 in front for a square setup... Is there any rubbing on daily driving?
Old 06-03-21, 06:18 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Originally Posted by petershen
Very nice! Do you have more pics? I've always wanted to put 19x10 in front for a square setup... Is there any rubbing on daily driving?
Thanks!

In most daily driving situations I don’t really encounter much rubbing. The only time I really encounter rubbing is when I’m backing/reversing and I have the wheel cranked all the way to the right or left.

Here’s a current pic I just had my coilovers installed this past weekend. I’ll post more pics in the main forum when I get the chance. 🤗

Last edited by Seize; 06-04-21 at 04:22 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Seize:
CJGS (06-12-21), petershen (06-06-21)
Old 06-11-21, 10:39 PM
CJGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here trying to get my offset and sizing right.

Hey all first day here and first post. I’ve been reading through and noticed majority of cars here are lowered or bagged already.
i have a 07 350 and it is stock all the way around. I’ve been trying to find 19’s but can’t figure out the staggered setup with the offsets. Bit confusing. It’s going to stay stock height for a bit but will get lowered. What do you suggest to go with to keep it flush and no mods on fenders as far as sizes to go with that have worked for anyone with a similar setup.

thanks in advance for anyone giving their time to help a newbie out to the Lexus scene.
Old 07-02-21, 12:52 AM
andrius88
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xDe3JaYx
20x8.5 and 20x9.5
245/35/20 and 275/30/20
Hi, did you have some rubbing with these 20? Or do you need some fender rolling? As I known, your car is on tanabe df210.
Old 07-05-21, 05:23 AM
andrius88
Driver School Candidate

Hello,

just wanna ask. I have lowenhart ld1 R20 rims on my GS 450h:
Front: 20x8.5 +38 245/35/20 Tyres
Rear: 20x9.5 +44 275/30/20 Tyres

Wanna lower my car on some Tanabe springs, just can`t decide which model buy: DF210 or NF210
If I buy DF210, do I need some fender work? Or I will be fine with both DF and NF?
Old 08-31-21, 07:14 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 410 Likes on 248 Posts

Anyone done this square set up?
19 inch x 9.0 inch x 40mm
They're the F Sport 19" Split-Five-Spoke Forged Wheel - Rear

Thanks guys

Last edited by Boomin; 08-31-21 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-03-21, 05:04 PM
TomParr
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boomin
Anyone done this square set up?
19 inch x 9.0 inch x 40mm
They're the F Sport 19" Split-Five-Spoke Forged Wheel - Rear

Thanks guys
they will fit fine with 235/40/19

Quick Reply: 3GS wheel thread